Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

serialbuster thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
TV serials are more entertaining than Harry Potter and Star Wars??. He he he he. Thats a silly joke. šŸ˜­

Let me give you a brief outline of our PARIVAR shit TV serials we watch.

1.Once upon a time, there lived a FILTHY RICH JOINT GUJARATI / MARWARI OR A PUNJABI BUSINESS FAMILY.
2.The head of the family has Two sons and one daughter.
3.The elder son is a good, educated decent guy following his Father's footsteps.
4. The second son is a BRAT.
5. Elder son gets engaged to a Traditional babe.
6. The younger son is in love with her.
7. Two years after the elder son gets married, he dies in Car accident( which is supposed by plotted by business arch rivals).
8. The second son who always loved her waits for the opportunity and marries her.
9. The entire family supports him getting married to his Bhabhi.
10. One year later, he discovers that his Bhabhi(oops now his wife) no longer loves him and immediately he falls in love with his secretary.
11. This secretary is supposed to be the Business rival's JASOOS in this office.
12. Our Bhabhi in the meantime feels deceived and leaves the house.

For this much, the director has canned as much stuff that is sufficient to give us headache for 52 weeks.

For the rest of the story, watch this space later.

Huh, I am tired.
mamz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sania_Hitler

Correct!
No body iz forced 2 watch them...........
If u dont lyk them..........There iz no need to watch them or speak anything against them............
Go a head live ur life........
Yez i do agree that they r unrealistic.............Thats y i dont watch them šŸ˜Š
[I go towardz reality stuff........]

i agree with her !!

Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I completely agree that most serials are unrealistic.
Serials used to be pretty good before. no pathetic ghis ghis by stretching the subject till the wrinkles tear, no consistent bad luck till the rabbit's foot rots, nothing of that pathetic nonsense.

And some serials, which air as we speak, send really strange messages to the aam janta. Take Sindoor tere naam ke for instance. They start out with a simple plot:

mom wants her dear elder boy, who has some parylisis problem, to have a beautiful wife.
Younger brother feels a bit neglected by mommy, but nevertheless supports his family, and is ready to marry the beautiful bachellorette's (sp šŸ˜† ) mentally imbalanced sister.

NOWWWWW

the entire family is kicked out by original bachellorette just because the father signed some fraud contracts. Then one of the daughters in law gets pregnancy problems
they almost get kicked out of the chawl they rented in momentarily. Dhruv and Antariksh's numerous attempts to get jobs fail.
This constant bad luck and bad events... sends a message that such bad luck can strike and no force of the earth can save you.
Serials are bad for people if they are too stretched/over-exaggerated.
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
its not serials as in the general term "serials" that i was talking about. I just wanted to talk about that 1 serial Sindoor... which i quit watching šŸ˜‰
otherwise most serials are good to watch...some entertain, some teach
popkurn thumbnail

Originally posted by: sammie12

It happens that when a man's wife is not well or is away from him for a long time, he might fall for another woman and eventually end up getting married a second time..didnt you hear abt the singer who had a second wife and it was revealed so many years later..Money is also another factor causing a lot of trouble in everyone's lives. Back home my old neighbor had 4 sons and all 4 of them kept on fighting with their father for their grandfather's property and eventually he had to sell his father's building and an old garage where he was working and gave the sons their shares and he is living in a rented apt now..from experience I feel nothing is unrealistic

Maybe cuz we live in different parts of the world..I actually didnt hear about that singer. Maybe cuz you have experienced actual events you may think indian serials are realistic..I havent experienced real events/situations related to indian serials so maybe thats why I beg to differ.

Priya

Edited by i_luv_jay_sean - 17 years ago
~Simmi~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: i_luv_jay_sean

Maybe cuz we live in different parts of the world..I actually didnt hear about that singer. Maybe cuz you have experienced actual events you may think indian serials are realistic..I havent experienced real events/situations related to indian serials so maybe thats why I beg to differ.

Priya

and also maybe I forgot as I used to watch them earlier and forgot now......now I only watch kyunki and kumkum and enjoy the young one's comedies and romance more than the older one's tragedies

and one thing even I dont like abt the serials is that the woman marries her husbands business rival to take revenge or to save her husband......this is not at all realistic man(Prerna in kasauti, parvati in kggk and kashish in kahin to hoga)

jassisuri thumbnail
the title, indian serials is ruining us 'i repeat is harsh,   how can one generalise in this manner, u watch one or two serial and come to this conclusion šŸ˜• not a fair judgement or a comment to make
it is as good as branding an entire country as terrorists just because some of their people  have become terrorists, there are good and bad everywhere, i hope i have put my point across, dont make such a statement, especially since u have not watched all indian serials, nor have we watched all the other countries serials, to conclude that   indian serials are ruining peopleEdited by jassisuri - 17 years ago
sanya_s thumbnail
Well, I know that indian serials are unrealistic and sometimes stupid..but somehow I still watch it šŸ˜³ ...its a weakness...there are lots of good-looking people,..so actually you dont notice the storyline much...but you do get tired of them sometimes...its our choice to watch or not watch...and I think that as long as we dont become addicted to it..no problem!
mini2390 thumbnail
i think nowadays people r just considering tv serials realisitc and not just entertainment or fantasy ...its actually the way sum people take the serial... tv serials r there to entertain, if one just watches them for entertainment and thats all then thats the correct thing but if u take them as realisitc and get inspired by them then thats wrong ... and i think thats what sum people do nowadays... other than that if one doz not lyk a serial than that person shud not watch it and nothing iz really realistic if u think about its just for us to enjoy... so my point iz that sum people take tv serials in a wrong perspective, instead of considering it as just entertainment people start copying them and considering them realistic. Edited by mini2390 - 17 years ago
Evilgenius_S.Sā„¢ thumbnail
šŸ‘ Wat a topic!! gr88! Indian serials r 4 sure...ruining us........runing ppl lyk U n me!!(dats justified)......!!evrything is *Unreal!*.....u knw wat? ofcrse we knw evry1 watches Indian serials n pplz r jst crazy abt dem!! dey dnt even wnt 2 miss a single episode!!! evrykind of ppl watch it...!! rich...super-rich..!! poor---very poor!--no matter where!..but dey do! n i dnt think so dere is any INDIAN serial which portrays...a real Indian culture...Indian values....!!! srr 2 say bt atleast i feel it being a PAKISTANI! ok u Indian ppl mst b kwning much...infact evyrhing abt ur culture,ur values...! but *WE* do knw sumthing if nt evrything!!........dey show *MANSIONS*....,Palace lyk Homes..........! wen poor ppl watch ....or those ones who dont hve dat much ability in demselves 2 own such big homes...------wat they think of dis wen dey watch it!!! dey *DESIRE*...dat ....dey cud also...own such homes...dresses,,other accessories..........but they cant!! n wat if dey speak their heart out?? wen dey knw dey cnt get it..........!----This thing is runing us!!! we running aftr more n more wealth..money...!! we wnt 2 buy dat KUMKUM sari...,dat kashish earrings...,dat Komolika rings..etc......y cnt we? we wnt 2 luk beautiful as dey do on t.v! wat if i m nt a star!! i cn atleast LUK like a star!!----------Dats wats ruining dem!!!
Ma'am ekta kappor..is totally unaware of da fact dat she;s herself...ruining INDIAN culture...n if nt ruining den atleast she;s nt making da young generation learn real Indian values..wen? when she make Kashish marry 6/7 times..........4 absolutely senseless reasons!!! ---i dnt knw much abt dis Indian culture bt atleast i';ve read dat dese kind of idiotic things r jst nt dere in INDIAN CULTURE!........
I dnt watch ny of da indian serial....only 1 if i get 2 c it..becuz Indian channels r banned here in PAK,..n we r jst peaceful.......
Indian t.v SERIALS r surely ruining us.......! I haven't read/heard ...if ny1 has ever!! learnt sumthing really gd frm watching INDIAN serials....dat cn b applied 2 da real life..........!! šŸ˜†