Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jassisuri thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: Shaizma

who agree that most indian serial are unrealistic

that is too harsh a statement ,whether one agrees or not   i would say   serials, no matter which country they are made in, is never mostly realistic, we can quote so many examples,  if u r interested in realistic dramas, there are special serials made for them,if one analyse ,i will say we in india, have got choice , so many variety of programmes and serials are being made,

there are many indian serials, which have won hearts across the world,

Shaizma thumbnail
For those of you that think that indian serials are not unrealistic i would like to ask you one thing, do women in India have multiple marriages?? for example in KKusum, Kusum was married about three times, Kripa engaded to some one else but not divorced from husband,

i mean how unrealistice is that i thought you had to be divorced from previous husband before you can marry the next,

and do all middle class girls in india eventually fing a handsome rich prince???

i don't think so
jassisuri thumbnail

For those of you that think that indian serials are not unrealistic i would like to ask you one thing, do women in India have multiple marriages?? for example in KKusum, Kusum was married about three times, Kripa engaded to some one else but not divorced from husband,

i mean how unrealistice is that i thought you had to be divorced from previous husband before you can marry the next,

and do all middle class girls in india eventually fing a handsome rich prince???

i don't think so

u are talking of kekta serials, which form only a percentage of our total serials, and there is already a growing criticism of her serials, and her storyline, ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

u should watch other serials also, which i am sure u will love like currently left right left ,or so many comedy serials, etc ,these i watch๐Ÿ˜‰and there is also cid in sony, and many more serials which are not kekta type

and by the way , there are many people who turn to serials ,to escape from realism,maybe thats why such serials seem to garner highest trps and are enjoyed in many parts of the world ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

jassisuri thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vishesh

yeah some(very very few) women here get married many times
it seems unrealistic, but there are many cases here, where women get married to another without divorced. In small towns i saw that. they marry one, then leave(or say just run away) him live with another. and after having children come back to the first one back.
Not all Middle class girl, but some do get handsome rich prince.

and Even if u find some incident of unrealistic or exceptional incident, it doesn't mean that u can say, everything is unreal, and is abt the story of Aliens n Aliens' planet. In the same serials there are other female characters which are not married, or married only once.

yes,u have also got a point

~Simmi~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I don't think Indian TV serials are unrealistic. It only shows whats really going on in the real world.
Women marrying more than one time........well it really happens, I have seen many cases where if a woman's husband dies she gets married a second time also and in some cases a third time too
and all the other scenes like kidnapping, bombing, rape, etc all happen in real life so there is nothing unrealistic about it
and even if there is something, we just watch TV to relax or for enjoyment. If someone wants to learn something from TV they might as well watch Discovery, Animal Planet and so on.
We're not forced to watch them but we have definitely grown addicted to it but not ruined by it
xoN3HA thumbnail
Everyone says Indian serials are unrealistic.. In fact, ALL shows (besides reality shows) are unrealistic. But that doesn't mean it's ruining our lives? If you don't want to watch the show then you don't have to..nobody is forcing you.

popkurn thumbnail

Originally posted by: sammie12

I don't think Indian TV serials are unrealistic. It only shows whats really going on in the real world.
Women marrying more than one time........well it really happens, I have seen many cases where if a woman's husband dies she gets married a second time also and in some cases a third time too
and all the other scenes like kidnapping, bombing, rape, etc all happen in real life so there is nothing unrealistic about it
and even if there is something, we just watch TV to relax or for enjoyment. If someone wants to learn something from TV they might as well watch Discovery, Animal Planet and so on.
We're not forced to watch them but we have definitely grown addicted to it but not ruined by it

You do have a point there but a situation like that is rarely found. Since when does a man marry someone else while her wife is in a coma? Or since when does a man find himself another women while he is married but is just facing some marital troubles? A couple of serials I have watched are just about money..like a son wanting his dad's property..and to do that..the son blackmails his dad in many ways. Cases like those make me wonder..how realistic are indian serials?

Priya

jassisuri thumbnail
a couple of serials maybe unrealistic ,not all, there are so many indian serials which are very good and wonderfully made
by the way,serials are not always about realism, if one thinks it is not worth watching, there are many more options,
and such cases which u mentioned are also not new or never happened ones, money issues are there in almost every business houses ,eg are plenty, extramarital affairs are also not uncommon open the newspapers or see in news channels, one will find more dramas which are more unbelievable
~Simmi~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: i_luv_jay_sean

You do have a point there but a situation like that is rarely found. Since when does a man marry someone else while her wife is in a coma? Or since when does a man find himself another women while he is married but is just facing some marital troubles? A couple of serials I have watched are just about money..like a son wanting his dad's property..and to do that..the son blackmails his dad in many ways. Cases like those make me wonder..how realistic are indian serials?

Priya

It happens that when a man's wife is not well or is away from him for a long time, he might fall for another woman and eventually end up getting married a second time..didnt you hear abt the singer who had a second wife and it was revealed so many years later..Money is also another factor causing a lot of trouble in everyone's lives. Back home my old neighbor had 4 sons and all 4 of them kept on fighting with their father for their grandfather's property and eventually he had to sell his father's building and an old garage where he was working and gave the sons their shares and he is living in a rented apt now..from experience I feel nothing is unrealistic

MonicA#1Actress thumbnail

who agree that most indian serial are unrealistic

Yes many are unrealistic. They are meant for purely entertainment purposes, not to set living standards for us.

But really, if these serials are ruining your life for whatever reason, you are obviously watching too much TV.

Turn the TV off and go shopping or hang with family/friends.๐Ÿ˜Š