Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MadameX thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: venture

I like this , as its easier to give OBJECTIVE criticism and not been scared and afraid of ardent fans to jump on you :) 

Thanks a lot. 
I feel after two weeks  that in order to make an EPIC , silly mistakes are being made, actors and director is trying too hard and thus it all feels fake. I don't think it's the novel , they have just taken the lead,s name and general theme of the novel as Saras in the novel and in the movie was a very suttle, humble person not an angry young man... But that's okey even if they changed the story it should not feel over. The sets are absolutely beautiful and there are technical bits which is commendable but I feel PERSONALY that the actors are either under playing or over playing there part.I really like the girl playing Kusum , she is very convincing in her role. Won't say anything about the lead as I would give them more time to grab the essence of there characters . 
At the end some people would love it and some would hate it and there would be some like me who would see something good and something not so good in it :) 

I definitely agree with you, Sheema. The thing about this show is that some things have potential for continuous watching like the tension between Saras and his father. But the actors are not living up to the expectations. Kumund is dressed so indecently, she is a complete egomaniac, and doesn't seem to have common sense. Comparatively, I found her sister Kusum wonderful in her expressions, dialogue, dialogue delivery, characterization, and dress sense. She is the kind of person I wish to see as a heroine of the show. I also feel like Jennifer and SLB are both trying too hard to bring the essence of Ashwariya by emulating her...however, Ashwariya is unique in her own charms...Jennifer would do better to create her own unique style rather than trying to mimic Ash's. 

As for Saras...I feel Gautam is so-so. Some parts he does a good job, some parts he doesn't (particularly when he tries too hard to act like an angry young man...super tight jaw clenching doesn't always have to be an expression of anger). Only in today's episode, I found Saras good...when he put Kumund in her own place gently and not childishly, showing how much mature he is. 

Another thing I didn't like about this show is how the story is moving with a barely present plot. SLB is making his characters do things for unreasonable reasons. Saras can't go against his father with marriage talks but he can go against him in business matters? Ridiculous. Kumund and her mom are too chicken to tell Kumund's dad that she got rejected...the dude looks super healthy, is he going to fold over and die from a rejection? Kumund refuses to show her face because was offended by the rejection that has nothing to do with her personally? Please spare me the drama, you drama queen. 🥱

Can SLB also stop making Kumund do these running sequences like Ashwariya? It gets boring the more she does it. 
MadameX thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Skepblun

This is the first new show I started watching in years. Initially it was good. But now it seems like it's begun to drag or slacken a bit. Also, I feel some really hackneyed stuff is being shown to prove the hero as a good guy (saving the heroine's father or rescuing a boy from drowning).

MAIN thing - the lead actress please STOP being an amalgamation of Nandini and Paro of SLB's HDDCS and Devdas!

I don't know if the makers themselves are doing it or the novel had such situations. But this whole joint family set up, daughter being apple of father's eye, dreamy heroine, hero landing from foreign country, heroine walking around with her lehenga/dupatta/pallu in hands and trying to "sambhalo" it, heroine refusing to show her face to the hero, one or two cheeky/rude older females in hero/heroine's families etc. is so typical of SLB's HDDCS and Devdas!

As viewers we want to see something new and fresh. Not recycled stuff from movies. And I want originality in the heroine's get-up and portrayal. Otherwise the old film featuring Nutan would be sufficient for me to know and enjoy story of Saraswatichandra (it had BEAUTIFUL songs and Nutan ji was an effortless enchantress).

The hero is too stiff. He's good looking but statuesque. And is he confused? If he was into celibacy or even considering/studying that path, why is he attracted or curious about Kumud, that too, so soon? As a viewer, I feel his characterisation is not clear. I am not getting him and his personality, I am not able to form an idea of what the guy Saraswatichandra is about. I hope they flesh out his character properly too. Of late I've felt there's been more focus on heroine than the guy whose name this serial bears. I only see he doesn't get along well with dad and is devoted to his mom. What else? How did he become what he did? What's his thought process? Please unravel it too.

Instead we just see romantic moments!

I want story and proper character sketch to be established before romance/attraction or reluctantly coming close etc. begins.

And sorry to repeat myself but PLEASE DISTINGUISH it from SLB's own movies for GOD's SAKE! I don't want a "I think I've seen this somewhere before" feel while watching the show!

Thanks. Show seems to have lot of promise.

👏 Thank you for putting so eloquently into words all that I felt about this show. 👏
riyya6 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

i just dun understand why SLB wanna make JW Aiswariya Rai... its too irritating... JW is a good actress i believe, let her perform... with her own style...  it reminds of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam... to much of it... What the difference here... I would prefer SLB to showcase something different not copy his movies...

when these two gonna meet... im tired with i dun want to show u my face, i want to see ur face... sach main...😆

Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
What have they done to Jennifer? And this is an expensive PH she was supposed to look better than her previous show than this she was so pretty as Dr. Riddhima in DMG her face was just perfect here she just looks so messy.   
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Midnightsorrow

What have they done to Jennifer? And this is an expensive PH she was supposed to look better than her previous show than this she was so pretty as Dr. Riddhima in DMG her face was just perfect here she just looks so messy.

I disagree I find her prettiest in this show! Edited by Nkapoor3 - 11 years ago
Siri22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Please get a better hairstylist for Kumud. She looks messy and shabby.
atominis thumbnail
Thanks to all members who liked my post and agreed with it.

I still see major HDDCS hangover here. What's with kite-flying? Was it needed? Is it there in the original story? Or did SLB put it himself? The only thing left for him to do is to play the Dheel de song from HDDCS also in the kite flying sequence in the show, kyon haina?

I don't say SC is copied from HDDCS and I know it's an old novel and even film has been made on it earlier. But whether people agree or not, it has major hangover of SLB's past films in it (except Khamoshi).

I even dislike the title montage. Carpet, windows and lamps with Saraswatichandra written in between? How does it make sense? But that's a minor complaint.

Today's episode was a total drag. I like some romantic moments and get excited when Kumud and Saras are about to come close. But the pace is too slow and I can't accept an episode in which no story really happens and everything is dragged. If they are so slow in the beginning itself, I wonder how they'll handle it as it progresses!
GodhuliLogon thumbnail
nice thread to hang out for the time being.. :)

I am having problem with jennifer's dialogue delivery.. she becomes stiff .. or some problem is there .. :( and some problem with while doing closeups with her .. problem with lighting department i guess

and somehow they are dragging a bit .. :( ..
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Skepblun

Thanks to all members who liked my post and agreed with it.

I still see major HDDCS hangover here. What's with kite-flying? Was it needed? Is it there in the original story? Or did SLB put it himself? The only thing left for him to do is to play the Dheel de song from HDDCS also in the kite flying sequence in the show, kyon haina?

I don't say SC is copied from HDDCS and I know it's an old novel and even film has been made on it earlier. But whether people agree or not, it has major hangover of SLB's past films in it (except Khamoshi).

I even dislike the title montage. Carpet, windows and lamps with Saraswatichandra written in between? How does it make sense? But that's a minor complaint.

Today's episode was a total drag. I like some romantic moments and get excited when Kumud and Saras are about to come close. But the pace is too slow and I can't accept an episode in which no story really happens and everything is dragged. If they are so slow in the beginning itself, I wonder how they'll handle it as it progresses!

what's wrong with showing kite flying? I think u r reading too much in to stuff
nikolai_gogol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I'm feeling very sorry for the actors, it must really embarrassing to act such far from reality and silly scenes. lip syncing to man mohana?