Frustration Thread: Unhappy with Storyline/Characters? Discuss HERE!

-Deepzz- thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Critics Corner /Frustration Thread

There are a few members who want to express dissatisfaction over the show pace  or find Jen below par or Gautam non expressive. Its their opinion and we cannot stop them from voicing out. It would be unfair to those members freedom of expn just because other fans think that is bashing and report. ðŸ¤” All sorts of opinions is  welcome and the minority should have a voice too. So any dissatisfaction with the show /actors can be posted in this thread and members can vent away . ðŸ˜ƒ

Please discuss your frustration with the story line/characters/actors enacting their roles etc. in this topic. Rules of the section and IF COC are effective at all times. That means no bashing, swearing, instigating , fighting or the use of inappropriate language. 

Please limit your venting to this thread. Any topics found discussing one's frustration will be locked and redirected here.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Srushti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Thanks Deepz...Much needed thread!! Atleast multiple threads and bashing will stop and also members will have the opportunity to have their thoughts on the thread!😊
lonelyshadow thumbnail
Thanks Deepz, much needed post :)
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for this thread! Very much needed. 
Manisha_PJB thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This thread will be more useful
Thanks !
rorasam thumbnail
the show is over the top, vidya sagar is over acting and saras under playing his emotions. i dont like jennifer winglet dressing. it is too indecent i feel

-B.N.K- thumbnail
😃
Edited by -B.N.K- - 10 years ago
yaqeen. thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Srushti-

Thanks Deepz...Much needed thread!! Atleast multiple threads and bashing will stop and also members will have the opportunity to have their thoughts on the thread!😊

infinity00 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I like this , as its easier to give OBJECTIVE criticism and not been scared and afraid of ardent fans to jump on you :) 
Thanks a lot. 
I feel after two weeks  that in order to make an EPIC , silly mistakes are being made, actors and director is trying too hard and thus it all feels fake. I don't think it's the novel , they have just taken the lead,s name and general theme of the novel as Saras in the novel and in the movie was a very suttle, humble person not an angry young man... But that's okey even if they changed the story it should not feel over. The sets are absolutely beautiful and there are technical bits which is commendable but I feel PERSONALY that the actors are either under playing or over playing there part.I really like the girl playing Kusum , she is very convincing in her role. Won't say anything about the lead as I would give them more time to grab the essence of there characters . 
At the end some people would love it and some would hate it and there would be some like me who would see something good and something not so good in it :) 
Edited by venture - 11 years ago
atominis thumbnail
This is the first new show I started watching in years. Initially it was good. But now it seems like it's begun to drag or slacken a bit. Also, I feel some really hackneyed stuff is being shown to prove the hero as a good guy (saving the heroine's father or rescuing a boy from drowning).

MAIN thing - the lead actress please STOP being an amalgamation of Nandini and Paro of SLB's HDDCS and Devdas!

I don't know if the makers themselves are doing it or the novel had such situations. But this whole joint family set up, daughter being apple of father's eye, dreamy heroine, hero landing from foreign country, heroine walking around with her lehenga/dupatta/pallu in hands and trying to "sambhalo" it, heroine refusing to show her face to the hero, one or two cheeky/rude older females in hero/heroine's families etc. is so typical of SLB's HDDCS and Devdas!

As viewers we want to see something new and fresh. Not recycled stuff from movies. And I want originality in the heroine's get-up and portrayal. Otherwise the old film featuring Nutan would be sufficient for me to know and enjoy story of Saraswatichandra (it had BEAUTIFUL songs and Nutan ji was an effortless enchantress).

The hero is too stiff. He's good looking but statuesque. And is he confused? If he was into celibacy or even considering/studying that path, why is he attracted or curious about Kumud, that too, so soon? As a viewer, I feel his characterisation is not clear. I am not getting him and his personality, I am not able to form an idea of what the guy Saraswatichandra is about. I hope they flesh out his character properly too. Of late I've felt there's been more focus on heroine than the guy whose name this serial bears. I only see he doesn't get along well with dad and is devoted to his mom. What else? How did he become what he did? What's his thought process? Please unravel it too.

Instead we just see romantic moments!

I want story and proper character sketch to be established before romance/attraction or reluctantly coming close etc. begins.

And sorry to repeat myself but PLEASE DISTINGUISH it from SLB's own movies for GOD's SAKE! I don't want a "I think I've seen this somewhere before" feel while watching the show!

Thanks. Show seems to have lot of promise.