Muslim Social Drama ??????????

hukshila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
This post is not to bash the show "Qabool Hai" but to state the facts, considering my duty as a Muslim. I have not been watching this show before but my friends especially Manal asked me to watch it as she was worried the show may be giving a wrong image of Islam.  4Lions use the words "Muslim Social Drama" on the zee tv's official web site. While they neither advertise geet as "Sikh Social Drama" nor they mentioned IPKKND  as a "Hindu Social Drama" which was giving so much knowledge about Hindu Mythology.

"Qabool Hai" is advertised as a "Muslim Social Drama" so I am here to tell how it doesn't match with its statement just due to that statement people are taking wrong image of islam and many people on "Qabool Hai forum" start bashing every time they show some thing wrong (in-spite of shifali's efforts like
Religion v/s Culture: REPORT or PM the Dev Team ). [Please keep in mind that I don't want them to preach Islam but I don't want them to advertise like "Muslim Social Drama" as people are taking a wrong image of Islam. I personally requested 4Lions to add a disclaimer in the beginning of the show that "the show is not presenting Islam" but their official fb has just deleted the suggestion without realizing what's wrong.  There are lots of issues, and we can't discuss all as the post may go on several pages like this, here is a small list of the issues. Me, many of my IF friends and some personal friends (who are not at IF) are annoyed due to such issues of the show on the name of "Muslim Social Drama".

1.     zoya's way of calling Allah and her annoying sentence
Allah Mian is not a way to call Allah Rab ul Izat as we have been taught in Islam to call Allah only as Allah, Allah Ta'alah, Allah Rab ul Izzat, Allah Azo Jal, Allah Tabarak o Ta'ala or call Allah with other names as Rehman or Rahim. Especially when she says "Allah mian! What's wrong with you" it seems so much insulting way of calling.

2.     Forced marriages are being shown by Muslim families without girl's permission since the beginning of the show; is not taught by Islam and even the marriage is invalid without taking girl's permission.

Allah's Messenger (May peace be upon Him) said: A woman without a husband (or divorced or a widow) must not be married until she is consulted, and a virgin must not be married until her permission is sought. They asked the Prophet of Allah (may peace be upon him): How her (virgin's) consent can be solicited? He (Prophet Peace be upon Him) replied: That she keeps silence. (MuslimBook 008, Number 3303) [supporting the above ahdith can be found by  'A'isha (may Allah be pleased with her) and  Ibn 'Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) in the same book ahadith numbers 3304, 3305, 3306, 3307, 3308, supporting ahadith may also be seen in Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 67, 68]

"A virgin came to the Prophet (May peace be upon Him) and mentioned that her father had married her against her will to her cousin (for their social standing), so the Prophet (May peace be upon Him) allowed her to exercise her choice. (Abu Dawood, Book 11, Number 2091)" (supporting ahadith here (Fathul Bari Sharah Al Bukhari 9/194, Ibn Majah Kitabun Nikah 1/602)

3.    One girl's father is forcing her to marry her rapist. Islam doesn't allow force marriage as mentioned above and the rapist if unmarried and found guilty (as in the show) is punished 100 lashes for his deed (also to warn other for not committing such acts again) and not offer the girl for marriage (Saudia is still practicing Islamic Law).

The [unmarried] woman or [unmarried] man found guilty of sexual intercourse - lash each one of them with a hundred lashes, and do not be taken by pity for them in the religion of Allah, if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a group of the believers witness their punishment. (Surah Noor verse 2) (The order is for guilty one not for the one who is a victim, so the rapist was supposed to be lashed and not married to the girl in the light of Islam)

4.     Burring a girl alive is strictly prohibited in islam.
Prophet of Allah (Peace be Upon Him) said "'Truly Allah has totally forbidden disobedience (and the subsequent hurt) to mothers, burying alive daughters, with-holding the rights of others, and demanding that which is not your right." (Muslim Hadith 4257).

5.    The male lead is slapping female? It's not allowed in Islam.
Ayesha (May Allah be pleased with her) said "Prophet Peace be Upon Him never beat a woman or a servant"  (Abu Dawood 4003)
By Mu'awiyah ibn Haydah (May Allah be pleased with Him), I said: Apostle of Allah, how should we approach our wives and how should we leave them? He replied: Approach your tilth when or how you will, give her (your wife) food when you take food, clothe when you clothe yourself, do not revile her face, and do not beat her. (Abu Dawood Book 11, Number 2138)

6.    Islam does allow bigamy BUT only if someone can do justice with the wives.
The people like Rashid in this serial are not allowed for bigamy as Allah restrict bigamy with justice...Leaving some one after marriage for 18 years is a crime in the sight of Allah as the person is supposed to manage both families together and not like this, to leave one wife and the kids without any support and support the next family and the wife only. Bigamy is not must but an option that if someone can do justice and if someone is having a problem like an orphan girl or the one who is not having a supporter  then if someone can do justice with two wives can marry with the 2nd  girl too.

And if you fear that you will not deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry those that please you of [other] women, two or three or four. But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one (Surah Nisa verse 3)

7.    Shirin's demand for leaving / divorcing Dilshad? The woman is not allowed to demand of leaving / divorcing the first wife.

Prophet (Peace be Upon Him) said, "It is not lawful for a woman (at the time of wedding) to ask for the divorce of her sister (i.e. the other wife of her would-be husband) in order to have everything for herself, for she will take only what has been written for her." (Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 82)

8.    Nighat's mother in law is asking not to get further knowledge is a contradiction with Islam.

Knowledge is so much important in Islam, we can know the importance of knowledge by the first revelation of Islam on Prophet Mohammad Peace be Upon Him, when Angle Gabriel brought Allah's first message he said
Recite in the name of your Lord who created -Created man from a clinging substance.Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous -Who taught by the pen -Taught man that which he knew not. (Surah Alaq Verses 1-5)

9.     Zoya entering in Asad's room alone, spending time with him / ayaan or humera going to each other, spending time alone'..other romantic moments are not allowed in Islam if the person is Na Mehram (i.e. not the husband of the girl). [Here I know that for their show they want to show the romance as per demand but the objection is due to mentioning "Muslim Social Drama" as it is not a Muslim Social Drama and its not allowed in Islam]

Allah's Apostle (Peace be Upon Him) said, "Beware of entering upon the ladies. (Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, part of Hadith Number 159)

Prophet (Peace be Upon Him) said, "No man should stay with a lady in seclusion except in the presence of a Dhu-Muhram." A man stood up and said, "O Allah's Apostle! My wife has gone out intending to perform the Hajj and I have been enrolled (in the army) for such-and-such campaign." The Prophet said, "Return and perform the Hajj with your wife."(Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 160)
10.    While saying prayer, Ali moula in back ground

The background music was  ali mola while zoya was saying prayer it seemed she was saying prayer for Ali (May Allah be pleased with Him) to cure Dilshad. Allah is the only one to cure and we say prayer only for Allah not for Ali (May Allah be pleased with Him) and the background singer was saying ali mola, hakumat e parwardigar. 

Say, "Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah , Lord of the worlds. No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first [among you] of the Muslims." (Surah Al-An'am verses 162-163)

And when I am ill, it is He (Allah) who cures me. (Surah Ash-Shu'ara verse 80)

11.    For showing some one religious, only showing visiting to shrine and not saying prayer which is obligatory 5 times a day.

Islam doesn't allow asking anyone else accept Allah, not to go on graves / shrines to ask for help or the wishes as Allah said that Allah answers our prayers when we call Him.

They are, [in fact], dead, not alive, and they do not perceive when they will be resurrected. Your god is one God. But those who do not believe in the Hereafter - their hearts are disapproving, and they are arrogant. (Surah Nahel 20-21)
Or have they taken other than Allah as intercessors? Say, "Even though they do not possess [power over] anything, nor do they reason?" Say, "To Allah belongs [the right to allow] intercession entirely. To Him belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. Then to Him you will be returned." (Surah Zumar verses 43-44)
example of those who call anyone else except Allah in prayers
The example of those who take allies other than Allah is like that of the spider who takes a home. And indeed, the weakest of homes is the home of the spider, if they only knew.   (Surah Ankabut  verse 41)

for Ahadith, check Chapter 47 (: FORBIDDANCE TO BUILD MOSQUES ON THE GRAVES AND DECORATING THEM WITH PICTURES AND FORBIDDANCE TO USE THE GRAVES AS MOSQUES) in the following link

https://qurango.com/muslim/004.smt.html

Still if people goes to shrines / graves of walis (pious people) for seeking help or praying it has nothing to do with islam and its an Bidah(invention), which is strictly forbidden by Prophet Mohammad Peace be upon Him. Going on grave is not forbidden but praying there or seeking their help considering them they can help them beside Allah; is Shirk.
We can ask someone to pray for us if he/she is alive but can't go to shrines or some place like that as its Shirk (making partners with Allah) and Allah said in Quran

Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly gone far astray. (Quran 4:116)
Shirk can only be forgiven after repentance and no one is allowed to make partners with Allah...when people go to shrines, that's due to believing that those dead people are listening and can sort out their problem.

12.     Razia making her daughter sleep with Ayan and accusing for illegal relations. Such people are cursed in both worlds i.e. this world and life after day of resurrection (according to Islamic belief).
Indeed, those who [falsely] accuse chaste, unaware and believing women are cursed in this world and the Hereafter; and they will have a great punishment (Surah Noor verse 23)

I request  4Lions
to please add a disclaimer on the show that "This is only a show and has to do nothing with Islam or Muslims" and a request to all members...DO NOT JUDGE ISLAM ON THE BASE OF WHAT MEDIA IS  PRESENTING. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW PLEASE CHECK QURAN AND AUTHENTIC BOOKS OF AHADITH

PS: Credit of the post to Manal (
.FlawlessSarun., and all friends who were in FB discussion about above issues when 4lions deleted my request and suggestion immediately on 6th Feb 2013.

PS 1: The post is made to protest, please post your comments and protest without bashing / using insulting comments for 4Lions / PH. Though many people also complained that 4Lions is blocking them after protesting on their official FB but we should not loose our dignity for them . They were not listening that's I have to make this post. thank you  for understanding.

Post discussion on the misuse of islamic Term Helala in 4Lions show's concept is here

Helala and its misuse in 4Lions show's concept
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3454409

Forum 32 fb link
https://www.facebook.com/forum32dotcom
Forum 32 Websit link
www.forum32.com
Qabool Hai official fb id, blocking people after deleting their comments πŸ˜‘
https://www.facebook.com/quboolhai4lions

Edited by hukshila - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.YixingsManal. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
RESERVED !! landing in a while

*EDITED* ! 

Asalam Alaikum Sister an thank Q so much for this post <3 !
You know when this show promo's Came out ! I was actually like every muslim i was excited that 'yay makers r muslims themselves n im sure they will show the viewers what Real islam is ! 
n how beautiful love stories can be in muslims too !' cuz its not like Falling in love is haram in Islam cuz its not ! there was love stories earlier too which were clean n beautiful n heart touching without disrespecting the religion ! cuz we all know lately Islam is misunderstood alot ! n even many Qubool hai watchers ! there r few who make fun :/ ! 

1st thing that irks me is when zoya uses ' ALLAH MIYAN' ASTAGFIRULLAH ! this 1 things always annoyes me ! ALLAH has no GENDER ! n Naming it 'MIYAN' which is male' ! just makes u accept he is male ? ! astagifrulllah ! 

n 2nd ! forced marriage ! once i wouldn't have mind ! but SINCE this show started ! ALL THE MARRIAGES were FORCED like NO respect to the women view ! 

believe me ! I can write FF's on how a muslim love story still can be in such a beautiful way :'( ! 

n thn SLAP ! :|

Im planning to forward this post to 4Lions themselves ! cuz when i posted on Facebook page of theirs, they BLOCKED me n deleted my post ! 

Kiran Thank Q sister for this informative post ! 

Edited by .FlawlessSarun. - 11 years ago
falcon.star thumbnail
Thanku so much for the POST

With the Relative Quran Verses u have proved the point! Thanku so very much, As a Muslim I'm in support and Agree to each and every word written! 
Edited by holic_fan - 9 years ago
Hifah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thank u so much!! wat a postπŸ‘
 it really irked me the way they showing n portraying n it n i even blocked on there fb page.
sister i love ur efforts n the way u explained it ..
sunny_sarun thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
I love your post. Every word which you said is correct. The things which are being shown are not what islam actually is. The way they are portraying it is not true. And may i say to everyone that i am in no way bashing any actor of QH. I am just expressing my disappointment and anger that the creatives and writers of this show are not paying attention to something as important as this.

Again thank you for trying to make people aware of this. May Allah bles youEdited by Sana_malik - 11 years ago
..ObliViate.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
okyy i will only commnt on No.5
slapping a girl whom he suppose to fall in love or evnif nt is just nt allowed...!!
Hw did thy show tht i m still nt getting it...:/
it was Insane...!!...:/...
PS:-ignore if dont agree with me just my POV..!!
😊
thnxx for this post...!!.😊
-DeeNaa- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
*Res* 
*Edited* 
Thank you for this post! Its not right for shows to portray Islam in such a way!  Islam does not treat women in such a way (Man slaps her) Infact women are given just as equal right! Islam is a very beautiful religion and showing it in a wrong way is just not right! Once again THANK YOU for the post! 

Producers better edit the Disclaimer! 
Edited by Dina_VirMan - 11 years ago
Sweet_Kandy thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thank you so much for this post, it was needed! M supporting you! I really hope the production house sees this and takes an action. iA
faree thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
bang on post n the way u describe each n everything with reference of QURAN and SUNNAH simply amazing really want to appreciate ur efforts n agree with u totally  
Captain_Pari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
*Bows to you Kiran for such an awesome post!!!!*

I hope we can get others to join us and for 4Lions to give us the disclaimer..!!!!