Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

light_dark thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
I couldn't help but overhear two guys in their mid-twenties while sitting at a bar.

One of the guys says to his buddy, "Man you look tired."

His buddy says, "Dude I'm exhausted. My girlfriend and I have sex all the time. I just don't know what to do."

An elder fellow sitting a couple of stools down had also overheard the conversation.

He looked over at the two young men and with the wisdom of years says, "Marry her. That'll put a stop to that!"
ap.meena thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for the two chapters Sathish..
I enjoyed reading... And the Aashrita name revealed...
But I feel like the story will end soon.. hope we have some more interesting  twists and chapters to enjoy...
light_dark thumbnail
Hi meena,
                       I have already mentioned the name aashritha and a little bit of her story in chapter 2 3rd paragraph.
light_dark thumbnail
                             Things we humans do

There are times when i wish the human race had not flourished and thrived and seated itself at the top of the food chain or rather sit where god should be.A position from where one dictates who lives and who dies.A position from where humans proclaim i,only i exist and every other life be damned.I know that you might wonder about the reason behind this outburst and there is a good one,many good ones.

All of us view this world we exist in with their own set of eyes,the physical and the ones that we gradually grow out of stimuli.and the stimuli comes from our emotions and judgement.I too have  my own set of eyes and i know it is weird for ones to whom i share my thoughts and visions but i am okay and safe and comfortable in my head.Well this is not what i want to write about,but about how many of us view this world.

The weekends are  a busy time in besantnagar for come saturdays and sunday mornings the roads are filled with spandex and lard of different shapes and sizes and of varying ages.Yup the people of chennai start on their pilgrimage to besant nagar as if it is beverly hills.people wearing brands of sportswear,shoes,caps and cars strut around,when all the while the aged and permanent residents of besant nagar look on,some with a wow that's a nice piece of arse but mostly in shock and disgust.shock and disgust because twits and twats with tom,dick and harry without any hair sit next to them smoking and stroking thrusting their non existent bosoms and swirling their non existent booties.

But come weekend it is destiny and destination time for many four legged friends of man.yes saturdays and sundays are the time the when many A...S living in chennai decide to abandon their dogs.Dogs of all ages and breeds,dogs in all conditions and mainly they are being abandoned for purely reasons which apply to their masters.I am sorry but the majority of people who own pets do so for selfish reasons.most get big macho dogs because
their D...S are small and cos they cannot perform and when you happen to pass them you should hear the english commands they throw at their pet.sit simba,stand up jhonny,shake hand leo when in all probablity the dog really wants to shit on its owners head.now that is a nice thought.

About ten days back i saw an abandoned dog running around trailing a long leash and tried calling it.but the poor thing was so scared that took off tripping over its leash and with other resident dogs chasing it.later that day i went searching for that dog  with water and biscuits in my car.but couldnt find it.but everyday  just as i am on way back from the gym i see that dog and when i try calling it,it runs away in fear.what do you do or what do you
think i feel like doing if i lay my hands on those that abandoned that dog and not even bothering to remove the leash for they must have obviously tied it to some pole somewhere and that dog must have freed itself and now runs around searching for its master or the asshole who did this to it.well

i saw that dog lying near the bus stand a couple of days back ,dead after ten days of experiencing fear,hunger and far away from the place it once called home.

I really do wonder if there is a god for dogs or any angel that is there to look over the poor animal.There are a few angels like shashi mohan,vatsangam and family who do their best and yet more is required.Funny the day the dog died a man also died in an accident near food world,besantnagar.Now you will either laugh and say the guy deserves it or say what the f..k.anyway this is what happened.a guy who happens to live in the slum area near the church got totally drunk and not finished with that bought a bottle of beer and shoved it into the front of his pants.probably he wanted onlookers to think that he had something big leaping out of his trousers. Well as fate would have it totally drunk he rode his bike rashly and entered the road near food world from the wrong lane and smashed into a car.well it was not a big or nasty accident but for the beer bottle which broke and entered his gut and it was all over for him.he left behind his wife and two children aged four and one.now what
do you say for this,

At some point of time people of chennai have decided or have concluded that besantnagar is the mecca or kashi for the dogs that they have decided to abandon.They think that their old,weak and blind dogs need a breath of salty air and leave them to the care of the streets of besantnagar.

A pet is a life,a life which places its trust in you,thinks the world of you and even when you beat it or starve it still manages to shake a tail for you and flop on its back in total surrender.And this is the relation and a friend people decide to abandon.The reasons people give for abandoning their pets are many and most of them are silly and selfish.

oh i am going abroad.if you are going abroad why dont you pay cash and get a place for it in a kennel or blue cross.

oh my neighbours are making a fuss or protesting .what the HECK where you thinking when you got the pet home.

oh the dog is losing hair.oh you bald B...D,even you lose hair  and everyone loses hair due to old age or some skin problem,take it to a vet and treat him you lazy and miserly son of a bitch.

oh the dog smells. IDIOT give it a bath even if you dont bathe or brush your teeth.or simply hire a person to do this simple chore

oh the dog shits and pees inside the house. DUMBO,have you thought about taking the dog out for a walk morning and evening.and probably the dog is shitting in fear of smelling you or because you have been molesting the poor thing.

oh the dog has become old.NITWIT you still wear the same underwear with holes in it and you are an old fart.so what the hell are you complaining about the dog getting old.that is the way things work.

oh the dog is randy and keeps trying to hump my leg. for gods sake have you thought of sterilizing it or have you been watching any po*n with the pet nearby you pervert.

now there are lot more reasons i could give but by now you got my drift.what better can one expect from humans who abandon their own old and young,molest their own children and rape anything that moves.oh you humans,what more are you going to do before the next pandemic wipes us out of existence.
light_dark thumbnail
"Lexophile" is a word used to describe those that love using words in rather unique ways,
such as "you can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish", or "to write with a broken pencil is
pointless." A competition to see who can come up with the best one is held every year.
This year's winning submission is posted at the very end.

When fish are in schools, they sometimes take debate.

A thief who stole a calendar got twelve months.

When the smog lifts in Los Angeles U.C.L.A.

The batteries were given out free of charge.

A dentist and a manicurist married. They fought tooth and nail.

A will is a dead giveaway.

With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.

A boiled egg is hard to beat.

When you've seen one shopping Center you've seen a mall.

Police were called to a day care Center where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.

Did you hear about the fellow whose whole left side was cut off? He's all right now.

A bicycle can't stand alone; it is two tired.

When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds.

The guy who fell onto an upholstery machine is now fully recovered.

He had a photographic memory which was never developed.

When she saw her first strands of gray hair she thought she'd dye.

Acupuncture is a jab well done. That's the point of it.

And the cream of the wretched crop:

Those who get too big for their pants will be exposed in the end.
light_dark thumbnail
"My daughter told me that I should get tattoos with the names of my children. I told her that I already have a few of those. They are called stretch marks"
light_dark thumbnail
 "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; 
they listen with the intent to reply"
spain thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for your very nice posts, Satish.😊

I have never owned a dog.
But where I live, people carry their dog's shit in a plastic bag in their hand and happily take their dog for a nice jog along with them.
When a dog or pet very rarely goes missing, the neighborhood is filled with "Missing" posters of the dog's photo and even a reward is offered for the one who can find them first and return them to the owner.

So my view of how people look after their pets is very different here...
and I do hold such people in high respect.

But I haven't spent so much time thinking about the life of a dog until I read your post yesterday.
It was very disturbing and sad to read.

And all of this happens at Besant Nagar (the Beverley Hills of Chennai 😃), huh?

Well, why don't you send the masters of these dogs to the Emergency room...
I'd be more than happy to look after them...
spain shtyle!😉😆

But we need to remember that every dog has its day.
And in the same manner, those who abandon will be abandoned someday too.

Trust me, it's really sad to see some sick people who walk into the Emergency for treatment...
After they get treated and are ready to leave the hospital...
they don't have a single family member or friend to call and ask them to drop them home.
Some cannot drive and a few of them don't have enough money to pay for a taxi.
They come alone, they go alone and they live alone...with disease and illness.

Where I stay, humans do get abandoned too...just like dogs.

But thanks for sharing your thoughts.
By the way, I enjoyed reading your colourful words as much as I enjoyed reading your insightful post!😳

spain thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: s.satishkumar

"Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; 
they listen with the intent to reply"

Oh wow...this must be the coolest quote I've read in a long, long time!!
Thanks for sharing.😳

This is especially relevant to me when I work in the Emergency.
Under really stressful situations, I will ask a specific question to a particular patient to rule out a specific disease.
Time is critical and I can only come to a diagnosis with the answers I get from the questions I ask.

During such times, you won't believe the kind of stupid, annoying stories I get from people.
They will give a long, glamourous story of their illness like they are being telecasted live for a BBC interview.

But some people are ridiculously funny...

I once had an elderly man who came by ambulance at 2 AM in the night because of chest pain.
Keeping in mind that he might be having a heart attack, the doctors and nurses rushed him onto a bed, put him on an ECG monitor and started immediate treatment for him.
When I came to his bedside and asked him, "How long have you had your chest pain, sir?"
He answered, "Only for three years, doctor"...

Oh boy, a heart attack for THREE YEARS, huh?😆😆😆
Go figure...

ap.meena thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
That was nice post about the dogs Satish.. I read it yesterday...
And my dreams were filled of dogs.. two of them.. waiting near me for me to feed them.. they were street dogs.. and I was not feeding them.. I dnt know y.. Then I left in a lift and when I came back and I found the maid dog in my dream still waiting... to have something from me.. Someone/something was stopping me.. That was the the dream...

Spain,
Here in our place, there are people who love dogs more and if it goes missing,we can see posts in FB sharing the missing dogs details... Even cats are also lovable pets.. But certain or may be more people, so this as Satish pointed out... Though I dint get a chance to meet anyone one of those ppl...

I love dogs.. I would never let any dog starve that comes behind me in streets... Even my dad loves dogs.. and after my parents marriage, my mom slowly got attracted towards my dad's pets... and she also loves them..
In my parents place, we had many dogs at different times.. There arouse situation where we cannot have dog anymore, my dad will find a suitable shelter, and give it to them.. the saddest part is, one of our dog starved @ dad's friends place, as he cannot stay away from us...
I have cried for each dog when we depart.. I cry the whole night.. But now we stopped having dogs due to many personal reasons but still me and my dad will stop at any dog in the street, sigh and walk away..

After marriage, it is different for me.. Now we have all facility to take care of pets, but my hubby n inlaws dnt like having those.. I even shed tears for those street dogs, that just crosses our compound when the residents chase them away... They have their own good reasons for not letting them...
But, my hhubby knows my love towards dog.. Whenever he finds a dog at his friends'realtives place, he will take me there, and let me play for sometime.. and he will wait for me and take our (me and the doggie) pics...

I still wonder y i dint feed the dog in my dream.. I think it is the reflection of my helplessness on the love towards dogs and not able to have one...
I really wonder, how can dogs identify genders in human.. Yeah they can.. Recent incident, where a male dog played with me and was showing its love to the extreme, that they had to pull it off, from me.. I can see the difference in him.. So he knew I'm a lady.. How ??? Thro appearance or through some smell?? I keep wondering... But we often laugh at the incident.. I was really caught up in such a situation.. OMG... 😆