Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

whatthewhat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Aalia_A

Hmmm... My first peeve with the show is... What exactly is Muslim about this so-called Muslim/Muslim back-drop of a show? Even a liberal Western Muslim family like mine is more religious than the othordox Ahmed Khans... Islamic naam rakhne se aur urdu ke do chaar lafz zaaya karne se koi show Muslim nahin hota. I'm not saying devote the whole show to religion and culture, just don't outright neglect the conceptual roots. That is all.  

okay, so I never bought the Muslim backdrop selling point. Yeah its about time it happened in contemporary TV. But, look, they take this just about as seriously as they take the rising prices for the the urban poor... πŸ˜†

They wanted to remove misconceptions about Muslims ? (First of all sad that some people still need misconceptions removed). But what have they done but to show that Muslim (TV) families are just as dysfunctional as Hindu (TV) families. Secrets, infidelity, conspiracy, kitchen politics, murder - Jeez! What's different? I'll tell you -  On this show they say "allah hafiz" and on others they say "Jai Shri Krishna" or whatever...

Point being it's a TV show, it'll be driven by the demands of a TV show and not social awareness (as we have ample proof!)

Cynically,
Mira
whatthewhat thumbnail

Seems too good to be true right? Us, getting a free reign, to air our opinions πŸ˜³

πŸ₯³ πŸ₯³ πŸ₯³ πŸ₯³
Aalia_A thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: narangi314

okay, so I never bought the Muslim backdrop selling point. Yeah its about time it happened in contemporary TV. But, look, they take this just about as seriously as they take the rising prices for the the urban poor... πŸ˜†

They wanted to remove misconceptions about Muslims ? (First of all sad that some people still need misconceptions removed). But what have they done but to show that Muslim (TV) families are just as dysfunctional as Hindu (TV) families. Secrets, infidelity, conspiracy, kitchen politics, murder - Jeez! What's different? I'll tell you -  On this show they say "allah hafiz" and on others they say "Jai Shri Krishna" or whatever...

Point being it's a TV show, it'll be driven by the demands of a TV show and not social awareness (as we have ample proof!)

Cynically,
Mira

This cynical side of yours has actually taught me a lot, Mira. My expectations are subterranean on that front but since we've been given the platform to air out our grieviances, I thought what the heck 😳 I think it was the fact that there was a Muslim woman producer, that I allowed myself to hope. What a fool, I was πŸ˜†
whatthewhat thumbnail

This cynical side of yours has actually taught me a lot, Mira. My expectations are subterranean on that front but since we've been given the platform to air out our grieviances, I thought what the heck 😳 I think it was the fact that there was a Muslim woman producer, that I allowed myself to hope. What a fool, I was πŸ˜†

Bitter experience my friend. The last two shows I started to watch promised "mature" (as in grown-up and sensible NOT steamy/sordid πŸ˜†) romance and I was badly let down by both. Regressive female characters, wafer-thin plot-lines, scheming saas, it was all there...I gave up on both in a couple of months...So, yes, I consider I have learned the hard way.

There are only a 2-3 of shows that I've watched from beginning to end (all one season shows)
Aalia_A thumbnail

Bitter experience my friend. The last two shows I started to watch promised "mature" (as in grown-up and sensible NOT steamy/sordid πŸ˜†) romance and I was badly let down by both. Regressive female characters, wafer-thin plot-lines, scheming saas, it was all there...I gave up on both in a couple of months...So, yes, I consider I have learned the hard way.

There are only a 2-3 of shows that I've watched from beginning to end (all one season shows)

QH will certainly go down as a bitter experience in my books... The biggest saving grace here is that the villain (Razia) is actually something to write home about. She is so darn entertaining! I hope the revelation track does not dilute her unique evilness. I know the money and status motive is all so done to death, but I find the character worth watching. I hope she retains her core essence. I. Sincerely. Hope. 
whatthewhat thumbnail
Moving on to other frustrations before I sign off - kinda sick of tacky shirt stripping scenes...really over done...can we get over this????? Llke yesterday?

At least, if you've got have Asad take his shirt off, can they be a tad less tacky and unoriginal about it?
Aalia_A thumbnail

Moving on to other frustrations before I sign off - kinda sick of tacky shirt stripping scenes...really over done...can we get over this????? Llke yesterday?

At least, if you've got have Asad take his shirt off, can they be a tad less tacky and unoriginal about it?

Veering off into uncharted waters are we now, Mira πŸ˜‰ I think as well as the obvious oomph factor, they wanna provide unintentional comedy as well... I almost fell off my chair laughing when I saw how brilliantly executed the said scene was... Flawless perfection! Yes, I'm trying hard to be nice here πŸ˜ƒ Btw, those security guards could not hold their smirks too... πŸ˜†
KunwaariDaayan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Let me first bang me head on the wall,rip a few hairs out,scream out loud,shoot the blasted TV screen,till it's shattered into a gazillion pieces,let all ma steam off...then I'll be ready to fire away!
                                      ... Ok done...

1) Show with Muslim backdrop has lost the Muslim backdrop altogether.THe creative team seem to have forgotten to do their homework...only going by on certain ideologies,myths and sterotypes...aur koi chara nahin tha toh Google uska kam se kam  saath dehti..πŸ€ͺAsslalamualaikum ki jaaga sala laikum kya cheez hoti hain?Many a times I've heard Zoya say this and me being Muslim myself can  safely say that,that is no way to pronounce it!

2)Love angle,direction,plot,chemistry,shizzle fizzle everythings just gone out the window somewhere.THe vamp of the show is making for better viewing and is hotting up our screens with her shizzle more than that of the leads.

3)repetition of mannerisms...
especially of Asad's...what's with the whole forehead holding thing that he does?He seems to have a migraine all year round or is it constipation...cos it sure looks like that.Nearly all the time and than that ever so famous eye roll!There's only so many times one can roll their eyes and then the eyes would start to pain..I sure, feel my eye paining the amount of times I have to see Asad roll his eyes. Creataive team please find some other nuances/mannerisms for Asad when he is annoyed with Zoya as this is really worn out and irritates the life out of me! πŸ˜‘

3)Zoya needs a wardrobe change along with makeover(hire a new makeup artist if possible!)High time now Zoe gets atleast half decent outfits to flaunt off..cnt have her forever in uniform,the jeans and grannyfied frumpy shirts are a sight fro sore eyes...🀒...why cnt we have her dressed more femininely and if not that, then teeny weeny bit more stylishly wouldn't hurt.I'd love too see her in elegant,pretty traditional attires too...Just cos one's a NRI...dnt mean us foreighners are all tabboed from donning traditonal wear πŸ˜ƒ...another stereotype in the show...cliched to say the least!
Also Zoya needs something done about her makeup,it's getting hideous by the day...some days it looks like she's going to a kids party to entertain as a clown...πŸ€ͺ...comeon...being the female lead she deserves a decent bit of makeup!

4)Saazish Track 
Just not working for me!Lost the initial thrilling suspense...my thoughts are that it could be going along the lines of predictability...need more of the suspense quotient there to keep me engaged!This Chuckie the doll thing is freaking me out!πŸ€ͺ

5)Bloopers galore

Silly bloopers that dnt have to be repeated for eg...Asad shown with beard in one scene clip,and the very next minute,he's mairaculously clean shaven in the space of like two mins...πŸ˜•...what was that supposed to be about?Scene continuation is the least they can do...I'm sure a razor wouldn't have been hard to come by on the sets before final scene execution!πŸ˜› or just stick to the beard!Must admit...the bearded look, was pretty hot!☺️

6)Rashid

This man seriouly needs to stop being stupid!As lame and cowardly as he is, needs to stop this stupidity.Today he looked like he'd been zombified and hypnotised by Razia all these 17 yeasr, to just obey her command..
"Rashid Miyan, you cannot sway,I Razia am your eternal master and you are my eternal servant"..(.freak!)

Ok folks thats about it for now...got work in the morning,will be back soon with loads more frustrations,frustrations and more frustrations...the list just goes on!πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by shaz2009 - 11 years ago
whatthewhat thumbnail

Veering off into uncharted waters are we now, Mira πŸ˜‰ I think as well as the obvious oomph factor, they wanna provide unintentional comedy as well... I almost fell off my chair laughing when I saw how brilliantly executed the said scene was... Flawless perfection! Yes, I'm trying hard to be nice here πŸ˜ƒ Btw, those security guards could not hold their smirks too... πŸ˜†

I only wish they were being ironic...Oh HOW I wish...
yeah they're not so clever...

it was "unintentional" comedy alright! 

The whole thing was so πŸ€ͺ
But that that goes for the episode as a whole i think...the sexy dance was also IMO misplaced...what did you think of that? Not the sexiness per se (though you can talk about that if you wanna πŸ˜†) but the placement...

With these two scenes, the episode felt like a patch-work of unrelated scenes to me. It was like Happy Valentine'd Day and eff you!
Edited by narangi314 - 11 years ago
KunwaariDaayan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by narangi314

Yay! I think we were all dying for this! Let the fun begin!

The fun and games has begun!πŸ˜‰