Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xMidnightStarx thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Addicted87

I hope Khushi knocks some sense into Aakash's head and he proposes soon...n arnav and Khushi meet soon...😊

Thanx for the PM 

esamoe thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
sorry for the late update was not on IF for a few days.

CHAPTER 6
awesome chapter. ARHI would have sat next to each other if it was not for Payal.lol if Arnav knew it would have been Khushi sitting next to him he would have not mind the strangers 😉love how Arnav was fussing over Anjali. Love Khushi,Lav and Karen's bonding.

CHAPTER 7
loved the filler update and the introduction of all the family members. The bond between the families is very sweet. Felt bad for Arnav wonder what's his past about. Poor Payel hope the suitor is Akash  or if not hope Khushi is able to convince Akash. Cant wait for Arhis meeting in the next chapter update soon.
xMidnightStarx thumbnail

Originally posted by: esamoe

sorry for the late update was not on IF for a few days.

CHAPTER 6
awesome chapter. ARHI would have sat next to each other if it was not for Payal.lol if Arnav knew it would have been Khushi sitting next to him he would have not mind the strangers 😉love how Arnav was fussing over Anjali. Love Khushi,Lav and Karen's bonding.

CHAPTER 7
loved the filler update and the introduction of all the family members. The bond between the families is very sweet. Felt bad for Arnav wonder what's his past about. Poor Payel hope the suitor is Akash  or if not hope Khushi is able to convince Akash. Cant wait for Arhis meeting in the next chapter update soon.

Aww, thank you for your sweet comment :')
flowers4u thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
loved the story absolutely amazing...continue soon...
xMidnightStarx thumbnail

xMidnightStarx thumbnail

Originally posted by: flowers4u

loved the story absolutely amazing...continue soon...

Thank you :)
MesmerizingSanz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
wow, its an interesting story , read all parts in one go , would like to read in future as well , so if you could pm me next time you update
xMidnightStarx thumbnail

Originally posted by: khoshidarling

wow, its an interesting story , read all parts in one go , would like to read in future as well , so if you could pm me next time you update

Thank you and will add you to my PM list :P
xMidnightStarx thumbnail
Hey everyone! Awaited update for most people! A new character being introduced, so the character sketch is updated on Pg 1! Enjoy the update and thank you to anyone who has liked or commented :)

Chapter 8

5:58am

The alarm rang with its annoying, shrilling sound. Arnav woke up from his deep slumber. Even though he had just arrived yesterday, Arnav wanted to see how AR Designs is doing under Akash and his Mama's control. Also it would only be Akash in charge today, as Mahendra is attending a convention. While Arnav was here staying in Delhi, he decided to work via AR Designs in Delhi to New York. That way Aman didn't have to handle everything on his own in New York.

Arnav let out a big yawn and stretched out his arms. He could see the beaming rays of the sun, peeking out from his curtains. He got up from his bed and made his way to the bathroom to get ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The whole Raizada family were seated at the dining table. Arnav made his way down the stairs and took his place at the dining table. Arnav was wearing a light plaid shirt, with a patterned tie and black suit jacket/trousers.

"Hello Chotte, hope you had a good sleep?" Anjali said, while handing him his usual breakfast, toast and juice.

"Yes I did Di." Arnav replied.

Akash shortly came, walking down the stairs. He was dressed in a checkered shirt underneath his maroon cardigan, with a grey tie and a beige blazer/jacket. He was wearing plain black trousers and his glasses settling firmly on his face.

"Good morning everyone." Akash said.

Everyone smiled and greeted him.

"Are you sure it's wise for you to go to work today? I mean we did just arrive yesterday, you must be feeling tired?" Anjali said with concern in her voice.

"Don't worry about me Di. Your worry about yourself, I will be fine. Jijaji, how will you handle your work load when we go back to New York?" Arnav said, trying to change the subject.

"I have already sorted that out. The hospital have organised me to work here on some cases in a local hospital. Most of the work I can do at home, just researching. But I will have to go to the local hospital now and then. It's more relaxing, as I am on my leave." Shyam replied.

"Okay, that's good." Arnav stated.

"Shall we get going now Bhai?" Akash asked.

"Hmm, yes let's go." Arnav replied.

"I will drop you both off; I will be passing AR Designs on my way to the convention." Mahendra said.

Both Arnav and Akash had nodded their heads and the three said their goodbyes and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bright sunlight shone through the window of the sister's bedroom. Khushi was tossing and turning, she covered her eyes with her arms, in attempt to shield herself from the sunlight.

"Di, go and close the curtains. The sunlight is bothering me." Khushi muttered.

She heard no reply, so Khushi went over to Payal's side of the room to scream in her ears. Khushi was getting ready to scream until, she saw the dried up tears on the surface of Payal's cheeks.

"She has been crying all night it seems." Khushi whispered to herself.

Khushi lightly kissed her Di's forehead and brushed away her hair from her face.

"I will sort out everything Di. You deserve a happy future and I will make sure of it." Khushi whispered and made her way into the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6:30am

Khushi made her way down the stairs. She was wearing a simple knitted white plain jumper, with dark skinny jeggings and a pair of black ballet pumps. Her hair was lightly curled and left out. She grabbed her brown business satchel case and put on her flared, grey coat.

"Chutki, where are you going so early in the morning?" Garima said while serving her husband his breakfast.

Khushi quickly thought up an excuse and replied, "Erm, I was going to meet a friend before I go to work."

"You're going to work today Chutki? Why? I am here to handle things like I have always done." Shashi questioned.

"Yes, I know Papa. But I want to help reduce your workload and you know me, I like to stay busy. I promise I will come back early today." Khushi pleaded.

"Hmm, okay. Don't forget to eat lunch and make sure you are back before it gets dark." Garima stated in a stern voice.

"YAY! I love you Amma." Khushi squealed and hugged her.

"Where's my hug?" Shashi asked.

"Aww, I never forget to hug you Papa!" Khushi replied and hugged him.

"Pagal! Have a piece of toast while going, otherwise your stomach will be rumbling." Buaji said while coming out of the kitchen.

Khushi took a piece of toast from her Buaji and gave her a quick side hug.

"Okay, I really have to go. See you later, love you all! Don't wake Di, she always has a serious case of jetlag." Khushi said quickly and shut the front door.

Buaji, Garima and Shashi chuckled lightly. They had truly missed their Sanka Devi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mahendra dropped off Arnav and Akash outside AR Designs. The duo made their way into the mighty, huge building. As they both entered, the staff were there to welcome their ultimate boss.

"Welcome back Sir. I hope you enjoy your short stay in Delhi." One worker said.

"Everything is how it should be, in order and organized to your standard." Another worker quipped.

Arnav nodded his head to all of them.

"Okay, everyone get back to work. We have deadlines to meet and standards to uphold." Arnav stated.

All the workers scuttled away to their cabins.

Arnav and Akash made their way into the lift to the 6th floor, the very top one. This only had Arnav, Akash and Mahendra's office situated.

As the lift halted to the desired floor, the doors opened.

"Bhai I have some files in my office which Aman sent from New York. Also there are some major fashion shows coming up, which you may want to overlook or link to any in New York." Akash stated.

"Yes, that would be good." Arnav replied.

The duo made their way to Akash's office. A woman was seated at the receptionist desk of this floor. She was also Akash's secretary.

"Good morning Sir." Akash's secretary said.

"Good morning Aisha, could you please get a coffee for both of us please?" Akash asked.

"Of course Sir, nice to have you here ASR." Aisha said while looking shyly at Arnav.

Arnav nodded his head in reply. Akash and Arnav entered Akash's office. As the door closed, Aisha breathed a sigh of relief. Everyone knew what ASR's temper and attitude was like. His dashing looks didn't help the situation either. Aisha left to get the daily coffee run.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The driver stopped the car outside the grand building.

"Thanks Rohit, you can leave now. I will take a rickshaw to the office. If Amma and Papa ask where you dropped me, tell them you dropped me at Meera's house." Khushi said.

"Okay Khushi ma'am." Rohit who was the Gupta household driver said.

Khushi left the car and closed the car door shut. She watched the car drive away into the distance. Khushi turned around to look at the entrance of the building. Yesterday night she had to wait till Payal was asleep. She called Meera who was a childhood friend of the sisters, enquiring about where she could find Akash. She found out that he co-manages the Delhi brand for his brother's business. Meera didn't know where Akash lived, so Khushi had to settle confronting him in his work place. Khushi stood for professionalism, so she decided to take her plan in action carefully.

"AR Designs, fancy name." Khushi whispered to herself. She began to make her way inside the building.

A large, circular reception desk was placed in the centre of the 1st floor. Khushi made her way to the desk.

"Hello Ma'am, how may I help you?" The woman at the desk asked her.

"Could you please tell me where Mr Akash is?" Khushi asked.

"Do you have an appointment?" The woman asked.

"No I don't, but he knows me." Khushi replied.

"He is in his office, which is on the top floor. There will be a receptionist also on that floor, which you will have to talk to." The woman stated.

"Thank you for your help." Khushi replied and left towards the lift.

Khushi pressed the lift button and stepped in. She pressed the "6th floor" button. The lift set off in motion and Khushi prepared herself to bring the glow back to her Di's face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The lift terminated at the 6th floor. The doors opened and Khushi exited the lift. Khushi saw the receptionist of the floor talking to someone on the phone; she made her way towards the desk.

"Yes, he is back Sheetal. But only for a temporary visit, he is here to visit his family. I just gave their morning coffee to both. I will keep an ear out if he mentions you, I am sure he will." Aisha said into the phone.

Khushi cleared her throat as politely as she could.

Aisha looked up to the woman on the other side of the desk.

"Sorry I have to go now; will call you later on Sheetal." Aisha said and ended the call.

"Hello Ma'am, how may I be of assistance?" Aisha asked.

"Could you please lead me to Mr Akash's office?" Khushi replied.

"May I ask who is enquiring?" Aisha stated and gave her a wary look.

"He knows me; just tell him he has a visitor." Khushi stated.

"If you wish but I don't know if he will let you in. He doesn't invite anyone in, let me just tell Sir he has a visitor." Aisha replied.

Khushi nodded. Aisha made her way to the far end of the floor. She knocked on the door and waited.

"Come in." She heard a voice say.

Aisha stepped in and saw Arnav and Akash sitting on the sofas going through files.

"Sorry to disturb you Sir, but you have a visitor." Aisha politely said.

"Oh right, I have no appointments though. Just tell them to come in." Akash replied.

Aisha was surprised but quickly recovered and left the room. She walked towards where Khushi was standing near the receptionist desk.

"Sir said you could come in." Aisha said in an annoyed tone.

"Thank you very much." Khushi replied and made her way to Akash's office.

Aisha muttered something under her breath and went back to her desk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Khushi lightly knocked on the door of Akash's office.

"Come in!" A voice said.

Khushi opened the door and shut it behind her. She turned around and saw a figure near a large desk with his back towards her. Khushi paced towards him and placed her hand on his shoulder to make him turn around and face her. What she didn't realize was the figure sitting on the sofa around the corner of the room.

Akash's body followed Khushi's action and he was suddenly face to face with her.

"Chutki, what are you doing here? I mean, you're supposed to be in New York?" Akash asked. He was thoroughly surprised by her presence.

"Don't you dare Chutki me?! The only people who call me Chutki are my family. You are not. You don't even have the courage to become a family member of the Gupta's!" Khushi yelled.

Arnav was sitting on the sofa, utterly confused about what was going on. He couldn't see who had entered the room, as the way the office was designed half of the corner wall was blocking him of the two figures. He decided to go up to the two and ask them what was going on. Arnav walked around the wall to see Akash looking really shocked and a woman with her back towards him.

"What are you talking about Chut-I mean Khushi?" Akash exclaimed.

Khushi? Arnav thought. No...It can't be…I mean these things only happen in those ridiculous films Di watches. She is supposed to be in New York, not here.

Khushi pointed her finger at him and said, "Don't act all innocent and shy in front of me. My Di is in bits, she is going to get married to a total stranger because you don't have the guts to propose to her! You have known her for so long and you have admitted your feelings about her to me, so why can't you to her?!"

"What…she's looking for other potential grooms? But...but...she can't." Akash stuttered.

"Yes she is. Look I don't mean to get angry Akash, but you should see my Di's state. Only you can sort out this mess. I am not going to tell you what to do; the rest is in your hands. Deal with it at your will; I just thought I should tell you that time is running out." Khushi said calmly.

Akash stared at Khushi, he could see the worry etched on her face. If Khushi was like this, Payal would be twice as worse.

"Akash? What exactly is going on?" Arnav said, interrupting the two's ongoing conversation.

Khushi turned around to the demanding, husky voice. Her eyes were so wide and her mouth formed a perfect 'O' shape. I must be dreaming she thought.

Why oh why does destiny land me in tricky situations? Khushi thought.

Khushi tilted her head up and pouted to Devi Maiyya. Khushi looked at him anxiously. She never forgot what his parting message was the first time they met…

"You're lucky I am letting you go this time, but next time you may not be lucky…"

Arnav's eyes were fixed on Khushi, every little action and ever little movement was precious to him. He saw the slight pout on her face, which melted the insides within him. Arnav was on the brink of losing his self control. Her cherry, pink lip gloss on the surface of her lips. He just wanted to go over to her and…

"Chutki, I am sorry about my behaviour. I will sort everything out, I promise." Akash said.

Khushi suddenly got out of her dazed moment and turned around to face Akash.

Khushi cleared her throat and controlled herself, "I believe you, because you are a very good person. Anyways enough of this chatter, how have you been?"

"I have been good Chutki. But how come you are here in Delhi?" Akash questioned.

"Ohh, Amma requested us." Khushi replied.

"Ahh, okay. Oh, let me introduce you to my brother." Akash said.

"Wait…" Arnav said, holding up his hand.

Akash halted; his day was not heading off to a great start.

"I asked you a question Akash and I am waiting for an answer. Unless you want me to tell the family that you are up to something." Arnav continued further.

Khushi looked at the two men, deciding that it wouldn't be best to interrupt.

"Bhai, you know I valid your opinion and I turn to you when I am confused. However, in this situation I don't think you can help me in any way shape or form." Akash stated in his most determined voice.

Arnav crossed his arms and replied, "Try me."

Akash knew he had to tell him, otherwise he would find out one way or another.

"Well…the thing is…I…like this girl Payal who is this girls sister and I think…wait I know I will be proposing to her soon…" Akash said in a rush.

Arnav stared at Akash in disbelief. He had finally found a girl who might put up with him.

"Then propose to her. What are you waiting for? Unless she doesn't like you back?" Arnav replied.

"LIKE HER? Hold on here, my Di has shown enough signs that she is head over heels with you Akash!" Khushi said in a slightly loud tone of voice.

Arnav moved his gaze to Khushi's.

"You're a little firecracker aren't you? I have seen your shy, nervous and innocent side. But now you seem to be showing your determined, angry and frankly quite frightening side." Arnav exclaimed.

"WHAT?! I am NOT a firecracker and who said I am frightening. I am NOT frightening, tell him Akash." Khushi moved her gaze to Akash.

Akash was feeling uncomfortable and decided to change the subject.

"Do you two know each other?" Akash asked.

"I had the pleasure of meeting her in New York; she is a friend to one of my former employees. Lavanya Kashyap, you remember her. You attended her wedding. Basically, they attended my latest promotion party." Arnav replied.

"Unfortunately…" Khushi said in a low whisper.

"Sorry? I didn't quite hear you?" Arnav stated.

"Nothing, look I got to go to work Akash, Just sort things out with my Di, before it's too late." Khushi said.

"Work? What do you mean?" Arnav asked.

Khushi sighed and turned to look at him, "Papa runs over the Gupta Firm here in Delhi, but I am helping him."

"Is your driver waiting for you outside?" Akash asked.

"No, I sent him away. Let's just say no one knows I am here and I want to keep it that way." Khushi said in a firm voice.

"Oh okay then. Well Bhai can drop you off, as he has to meet a client for some pending work going on." Akash replied.

"NO! Erm, I mean I will be fine nah! I will get a rickshaw." Khushi said nervously.

"No, I insist I will drop you off. We have lots to catch up on and I am sure you remember the last thing I said to you." Arnav said with a smirk.

"That's sorted then, Bhai will drop you off Chutki. I will sort things out Chutki; I need to as time is running out. It's my own fault that I left it too long. Anyways, you two go. Bhai, I will see you later." Akash stated and walked out of his office.

"Why does he call you Chutki?" Arnav questioned.

"None of your business." Khushi said in a frustrated tone.

"Shall we Miss Gupta?" Arnav said motioning his arm to the door.

"Whatever…" Khushi muttered and made her way out of the office.

Arnav stared at her retreating back.

"Now the fun and games will begin…" Arnav whispered and followed Khushi out of the office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arnav's Attire:

Khushi's Attire:

Akash's Attire:

Note: Hey, I hope everyone enjoyed the update! My updates are irregular and I have exams coming up soon. So I am not sure when the next update will be, I will try to update soon :)

Nidsubh007 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Res

Edit:

Fantastic update! I loved there reaction to seeing each other again!  Arnav is enjoying it and Khushi is scared.  ðŸ˜†

I can not wait to see what happens on the drive!

Continue soon.
Edited by Nidsubh007 - 11 years ago