Arhi FF: Unforeseen Love! Upd: NOTE, Pg 66!

Posted: 11 years ago
Hiya everyone :)
My name is Sharna :P
So this is my first FF I have ever done. I was contemplating whether to start one or not. But I decided to, after much convincing by someone ;) Arnav and Khushi will always be my favorite Jodi, hence my first story being based on them! I am a new writer, so please bare with me! 😳
Anyways, enough of my chatter! Here is the prologue of my first story, enjoy and leave your likes and comments!

Prologue

February

It is a warm, sunny day in New York. The busy streets, people late for work, taxis horning every second. This is what Khushi expected New York would be. Khushi Kumari Gupta was new to the American way of doing things. She was originally born in Lucknow, but spent her childhood in Delhi. Her parents had died in a tragic car accident. She was only young. Unaware of what was happening; Khushi could only count on the only family she had left. Her uncle and aunt, Shashi and Garima Gupta. They adopted Khushi as their own child. Always treating her as their own daughter, never making her feel less. Garima and Shashi had their own child, Payal Gupta. Payal welcomed Khushi as soon as she entered their house. They were cousins, but more like sisters. Khushi and Payal shared everything, just like sisters would. They would always share any worries they were having. Both sisters were living life with a smile on their faces.

Khushi was sitting at one of the many tables in Bryant Park. She found out from the locals that it was a well known park. The park attracted many families and tourists. It was always bustling with activity. Khushi loved the happy atmosphere she felt here. She sipped her coffee and sat cross legged on the chair. She looked like an innocent child. Dressed in a light, yellow sundress with white ballet pumps on. Her hair styled into a braid and the emerald butterfly pendant that always stayed around her neck. Khushi was watching all the people. She would always do this when she came to Bryant Park. She felt lost amongst the people. Everyone with their loved ones and there she was, sitting on her own.

Khushi was a lawyer. Her real dad owned a Lawyers firm, named Gupta's Firm. He stated in his will, that his business would be passed down to Khushi. His only daughter. Khushi could only take charge of the business when she was 20. Until she was, her uncle Shashi Gupta was taking care of it. For many years he had maintained the firm and it had been one of the top ones in India. Shashi had made a business deal to develop the firm into New York. This was a great opportunity for Khushi to finally take over the business. At 24 years old, Khushi was one of the most famous lawyers New York has ever come across. 4 long years she never gave up. She had to build herself. As a person, but also as a business woman.

She threw her empty coffee cup into the nearby trash can. Khushi continued sitting in the park, enjoying the atmosphere. She always savoured every minute of her lunch break. She did enjoy her job, but she loved her 'me' time. Who doesn't? Not one day passes when she doesn't think of what her family would be doing now in Delhi. She was happy her sister Payal was with her in New York. But she did miss her parents. Khushi wished she could jump on a plane and go to Delhi. Seeing their faces, tears of happiness, Buaji calling her crazy. She missed her home. Khushi would often stare into deep space and go back in time to the care free moments. She was a happy girl and she loved life. But she always felt like something was missing. Little did she know, destiny had so much more in plan for her.

Khushi was oblivious to her surroundings. Especially the pair of chocolate, brown eyes boring into her. He was sitting on a nearby table. He was fascinated by her. Out of all the people in the park, her. Dressed in a black business suit, he looked like a man of importance. Arnav had spent 8 years living in New York and he had never actually sat down in Bryant Park. He laughed. Now he knew why his Di loved to visit Bryant Park. Arnav continued to stare at the girl. He didn't know why, but he had this nagging feeling that he would come across her again. He brushed off this thought as he saw his Di coming. Little did he know, destiny had so much more in plan for him.

Index

Edited by xMidnightStarx - 10 years ago
Character Sketch

Khushi Kumari Gupta:
24 year old business woman. Successful lawyer and very determined. Born in Lucknow, but brought up in Delhi. Lives in New York now. She owns Gupta's Firm in New York and co-owns the one in India. Her real parents died in a car accident when she was 5 years old. Her uncle and aunt (Shashi and Garima Gupta) adopted her. She has a cousin called Payal, but treats her more as a sister. 

Arnav Singh Raizada:
28 year old business man. Very successful in the fashion world and very determined. Born in Lucknow, but brought up in Delhi. Lives in New York now. He owns AR Designs in New York and in Delhi. His real parents are dead, so he is an orphan. He will do anything for his Di. Arnav spends his time working, occupying his time. He finds it hard to trust people, so he keeps to himself.

Payal Gupta:
25 years old. Works as a nursery teacher. Quite shy and reserved. Lives in New York. Her parents are Shashi and Garima Gupta. Payal's cousin is Khushi but treats her as a sister. Very protective of her. They live together and have a loving relationship. Payal is very easy going and is a good listener. She has a very pure heart and will always look at the brighter side of things.

Anjali Jha:
30 years old. Works as a painter at home. Very loving and loves to meet new people. Born in Lucknow, but brought up in Delhi. Her real parents are dead, so she is an orphan. Lives in New York with her husband. She wants her younger brother to settle and explore other things, not just work. Anjali is still traditional but modern. She makes sure that her parents and Nani's teachings are with her forever. 

Shyam Jha:
31 Years Old. Works as a doctor in a hospital in New York. A very caring husband and honest. Born in Delhi and is a only child. Lives in New York with his wife Anjali.

Lavanya Kashyap:
24 Years Old. Works as Khushi's assistant but also her best friend. Originally from Delhi, but moved to New York for her previous job. A bubbly girl and quite glamorous. Married to Karan. Lavanya is always bugging Khushi, because she is still single.

Karan Kashyap:
25 Years Old. Works as a Solicitor in Gupta's Firm, New York. Originally from Delhi, but moved to New York to progress his occupation. He is a care free guy and loves to irritate Khushi. He is married to Lavanya and calls her Sweetie. 

Sheetal Kapoor:
24 Years Old. Works as a model for AR Designs in New York. Born in New York and has stayed there ever since. She is Indian, but very modern. Her parents have settle in Sydney. Sheetal is a very selfish woman, she cares for looks and money. Status is everything for her and she loves the attention.

Garima Gupta:
47 Years Old. Married to Shashi Gupta. Both are Payal's real parents. Garima is Khushi's mothers, elder sister. Garima adopted Khushi when her parents died. Garima treats Khushi just like Payal, equally. Garima is kind hearted and values family relationships the most. Garima resides in Delhi with her husband and her husband's sister (Buaji). 

Shashi Gupta:
50 Years Old. Married to Garima Gupta. Both are Payal's real parents. Shashi takes care of Gupta's firm in Delhi for Khushi. But Khushi is the main boss. Shashi has developed Gupta's firm in New York, which Khushi overlooks. Shashi is very close to Khushi, their father/daughter relationship is very loving. Shashi and Payal also share the same bond, but Payal is closer to Garima her mother. Shashi is a hard working person and will do anything for his loved ones happiness.

Devayani Singh Raizada:
64 Years Old. The grandmother of Arnav and Anjali. When Arnav and Anjali's parents died, Devayani took care of them and became their mother and father. Devayani is a kind and sweet woman. She is very traditional and is an old romantic at heart. Her husband died 8 years ago, of old age. Devayani's aim is to make sure Arnav is settled in life and then her life is complete, as Anjali is already having her family.

Manorama Singh Raizada:
48 Years Old. Manorama is married to Mahendra and together they have a son called Akash. Manorama is a very glamorous person and values fashion. She also helped raise Arnav and Anjali to be the people they are today. Manorama has a tendency to speak before she thinks. Manorama at the moment is trying to find a perfect wife for Akash. She doesn't want anything less from perfect.

Mahendra Singh Raizada:
51 Years Old. Mahendra is married to Manorama and together they have a son called Akash. Mahendra is a very loving father and is a simple man. He also helped bring up Arnav and Anjali. Mahendra worked along with Arnav to build up AR Designs. Mahendra works along with his son Akash over the branch in Delhi, while Arnav overlooks the one in New York. Mahendra wants Akash and Arnav to settle down soon.

Akash Singh Raizada:
26 Years Old. Lives in Delhi and helps manages the AR Designs in Delhi. He is very shy and keeps to himself. He wants to settle down, but is worried that his Mother may go overboard about it. Akash is very hard working and does all his jobs with all the effort he can give. He has a good relationship with his cousin Arnav, but they are more like brothers. Akash forms a friendship very easily with people, but finds it hard to communicate with them. He doubts himself too much.

Madhumati Gupta:
60 Years Old. Lives in Delhi along with her younger brother and his wife. She is the aunt of Payal and Khushi and treats them as her own. Madhumati's husband died 6 years ago, of a heart attack. Her strength and will to live life is because of her family. Madhumati will always do right behind Payal and Khushi, their happiness is her strength. Khushi gets her crazy antics from her, hence their loving/scolding relationship.

Aisha Malik:
24 Years Old. Works as Akash's assistant/receptionist in AR Designs Delhi. Born in Delhi and is from the middle class. She is Sheetal's best friend and both crave for the high class living of life. Maya has lost her kind, rooted personality due to an incident. Sheetal has manipulated her into helping her become number one.

Will add more characters as the story progresses :)
Edited by xMidnightStarx - 11 years ago
A big thank you to my dear friend Krupaa (Forever_young)!
She was the one who convinced me to post my first story and help me loads :')

Note:

Don't buddy me for PM's, just say in your comment if you want to be added to my PM list and I will record you name! I take any criticism, as I am a new writer. Update times will be random, but if I get a good response then I will update quick :')

Edited by xMidnightStarx - 11 years ago
Res!! xD

Bit of a late edit, but yeaa! :P

Absolutely Loving the Start! Completely hooked on to it! Seriously can't wait to read more! :D
And...New York + ArHi = ❤️

It was soo sweet of you to mention me, Thankyouu xo

Ooo, I'm First!! ;) :D 
Edited by forever_young - 11 years ago
Amazing prologue!👏

I am eagerly waiting for first chapter!😳 You said you are a new writer...well, I didn't feel that!😃 Really amazing work!

Love,
Gazal
awesome prologue I love and love the fact that its based in New York any FF which mentions ny I'm hooked lol continue soon and thanks for the pm
Hey Sharna...

on Your First FF...!!

Are You sure of the 'first time writer' part?? 😳

It sure sounds Awesome to Me.👏

Waiting for More and...SOON!

Love,

~~Sabah.
I'm RESing this and saving it to my computer so I can read it when I have proper time!! So excited to get an FF PM from you!! Can't wait to read it! :)