Episode 197 Discussion: 16th Feb 2013

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Episode 197 Discussion: 16th Feb 2013

Welcome to the Episode discussion thread which we call as Viewer's and Reader's Respite.  That's very apt, don't you think ? πŸ˜‰. And that proves our objective.

Objective behind the thread is 
  1. It helps in keeping the forum clean without much litter. People just need to fall in a habit.
  2. We can have it like breathers at first followed by analysis. 
  3. It also helps like-minded souls and pals bond and gel together to drop in their thoughts for themselves as breathers and for their friends as a peep into the episode and for others to post their reviews. 
  4. And those from different time-zones, who do not get to watch the episode at this time of telecast (Indian 8:30 PM), without any worry to trace or keep track of all their buddy's posts, they can come here, read with leisure and later post their analysis after watching it from their Time zones. 

For those who cannot watch can have the Live/Written Updates.
Today's LU from : Armu4eva
  • There are various other threads all over the forum. Please check out those as well. This is just one choice out of so many.
  • Readers are encouraged to post links of other members posts which had been "delightful read" towards analysis of episodic event/s or character analysis. It becomes an easy navigation in the myriad of posts and pages and can easily be overlooked.
  • The link to present day ED thread is always provided in the previous one discussed.Those who participated in previous thread can go to my posts and check the previous thread to get access to new link. 
  • The link to Previous Episode thread if anyone wants to trace and post thoughts there. https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3439123

Cheers,
SD

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Episode 197 Discussion - EOD Summary

Bittuji-Madhu become Bhai Behen and Bittuji Returns to Chief on Behana's command

Events of the Episode
  1. Dips tries to avenge her toe nail cut by having Media hound Madhu at her parlour by giving the breaking news that RK and Madhu have split.
  2. Madhu handles the media questions defty, terms the split between RK and herself as separation of love from the relationship. She also leaves the job because the centre of attraction she has been to the parlour on her Day 1.
  3. Bittuji is waiting to see Madhu at Chawl. Padmini tells him she will come in the evening and is shocked to see Madhu come home early. She tells her she left the job.  Sees Bittuji and they have hearty talk about the turn of events. Madhu makes him her brother as him calling her Bhabhiji does not sound well.
  4. He tells her that he also left his job. Madhu does not like it that Bittuji left RK as he will be all alone. She makes him see sense that he and RK both need each other and therefore he go back for his job. Bittuji then says it is his responsibility to find a job for his sister.
  5. Bittuji goes to RK Mansion and tells about all this to Radhaji, who sees the opportunity of getting the Madhu and RK face each other so that icy break between them is thawed for all that it has gone wrong. The challenge is for Bittuji to get back his job.
  6. When RK returns home, Bittuji begs for his job. With a lot of air and attitude and warning, RK accepts Bittuji. Radhaji and Bittuji are happy that this part went well.
  7. RK goes to his room and sees Dipali exercising in his room. And on the TV the media is actually showing Madhu's interview. RK hears it, is unfazed and inscrutable as ever. As Dips goes about trying to have a small chit chat on Madhu by demeaning her, RK lifts Dipali and indulges her so that she loses herself in him and he takes her to her room, drops on her bed. As she gets sense about her surroundings, she is knocked sense a second time as RK splashes water on her face in hard way. RK then threatens her not to ever think of insulting Madhu as that right is only his.
  8. Madhu at her chawl, is steeling herself, by putting her saree and mangalsutra safely in storage and telling Padmini and Trishna that she will move on, and that saree and mangalsutra, which has lot of respect for her, will teach her not to ever get cheated again.

Episode Reviews
Page 1 - Mayu, Angeena, Leela
Page 2 - anastasia21, SD, vkk2429
Page 3 - pnars, Charu, Sub_Ram
Page 4 - MarathiMulgi
Page 6 - apolloartemis
Page 7 - SD
Page 10 - SD
Page 11 - Savz_Uniqueblis
Page 13 - dramacrazy12

Pictorial Commentary
1st half of the Episode
2nd half of the episode

Originally posted by: zorica

Can be seen that she is boring to him, RK disgusts her, 
and he wears her like a sack of potatoes!

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 11 years ago
-Mayu- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Episode Analysis

Great Episode, I loved it totally High! The CV's have really given us the edge for each and every episode since the RK revenge track started! And Man, they have made us look for Flawless episodes! And everyday they manage to give us Dhamakedar Episodes DailyπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

The starting scene was with the Media, and I loved Madhu's poignant and mature handling of the press. I loved her dialogue, "Insaan alag nahi hote, rishte se pyaar alag hua hai." The entire sequence with the media and her apology to owner,  melted my heart!

The Madhu-Bittujee meeting surely melted my heart, such a pure and heart warming relation and bond they share. Epic! And that's what I love about Madhu and his relation, Bittujee is always and shall in the time to come, support his Bhabhijee! I loved how they made the deal and are now more than just Bhabhi and Devar, Its of Sister-Brother! 

I wonder what is Madhu made of? This girl amazes me every single minute, every single second and every single moment, even after so much drama, all she cares is about RK! And hence she made Bittujee made go back to RK! Madhu is amazing⭐️

The Highlight of todays Episode were, RK breaking Dipali's dream, and reminding her that even after this happened, Madhu is his Junoon and his Ishq! And only he has rights to Love her, Hate her or take Revenge!

Madhu-Trishna-Padmini scene was again heartwarming. Its very happy to see that their bonding and their moves to make Madhu move on in life is great! Madhu's statement regarding that when she sees the old saree and her mangalsutra, it will make her more strong, speaks that she is a woman of great strength! She is a wounded Tigress and she will rise like a Star and She will climb the ladder of success and RK's move towards his destruction!

The Precap seems interesting, both Titans clashing again!

Kudos to the entire MB team and DD and VD!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Also, nowadays, Aarti, Seema and Indresh are doing a Great Job!πŸ‘And I am glad that apart from the leads, the supporting actors are equally Fab!

Overall a Exciting and power packed Epi!

Love,
Mayu
Edited by -Mayu- - 11 years ago
Angeena thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Another good episode. πŸ‘πŸΌ The CVs should be careful. They have raised their bar so high that even a slip below it will be pounced upon.

The show started with the paparazzi asking questions to Madhu. Loved the the way they went after her. It felt so real. And Madhu handled them as well as they could be. She did not give them any such byte which could be twisted around. But she should've listened to RK. She is in no way mamuli. She is special. A pity about the job however. I wish she gets a new one soon.

The conversation between Madhu and Bittooji was so touching. 😭 Even after everything that RK has done, she still cares about him. Her first thought when she learned about Bittooji resigning was for RK, for his health and well-being. Truly .. this woman unique. She really loved him with her whole being.

Radha and Bittooji team up to get Madhu and RK together. πŸ₯³I found their optimism infectious. No matter what, I'll support them all the way. Hopefully, along the way, they'll hammer some sense into RK.

The way RK took Bittooji back was just so typical RK. He finally showed some of that arrogance and swagger, which makes Rishabh RK. I think that RK took it to mean that his world is still behaving as it should, that it is still revolving around him. All is well in RKland.

Dipali and RK's scene was just ... When ever she comes into the screen, I tune out. But today I kept watching in morbid fascination. 😲 RK first ignored her in his room, then went on to give her his signature smirk, he then lifted her in his arms.. All I kept thinking was, πŸ˜‘ What the hell is RK doing? And now The RK made a complete come back. He threw her on the bed, and then threw some water on her. πŸ˜† He then continued to tell her that Madhu was his, be it in hatred, anger or revenge. A highly possessive guy, isn't he?

The final part of the episode was for Madhu. She didn't throw away the mangalsutra or the sari. She kept them because they would give the strength to continue on. The experience which she had has made her more jaded, but also more wise. This will only benefit her in the long run. She isn't letting anything hold her back. She kept the mangalsutra and sari as a reminder of what happened. As a reminder of what she went through and what she survived. πŸ‘

The precap is the valentine sequence which we were promised. Can't wait for their confrontation. How will they react?
Special mention -- when this song first came out I thought it was perfect for Madhu and RK because of the name -- be intehaan. That's what I always thought of their love.
Edited by Angeena - 11 years ago
leelaa9 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
An excellent ep.⭐️

Firstly, Madhu stated with clarity that she and RK did get married *and* lived together as husband and wife, but were now *living apart*.
So legally, they are still securely married.😊

But the series needlessly stuck to its usual habit of muddying the waters by having RK refer to Madhu as his 'ex-wife' while speaking to Dipali.πŸ˜•
Sincerely hope that is passed off along with his unfortunately misleading previous jibes about the standing and validity of his marriage.

I found myself increasingly reassured in this ep as I have not been in the past few eps that RK is indeed knowingly putting on an act.

But that moment when Madhu flashbacked on RK cherishingly reprimanding her for calling herself ordinary, and then steadily in the present referring to herself as ordinary was deeply hurtful.😭

There are so many things RK will have to do to make this nightmarish mess right - not just the terrible hurt of vicious words that he knowingly dealt out, but also the hurt he may not have considered he was causing, that the countless precious adoring moments they shared have now become as a wound to Madhu's heart.😭

RK is getting more and more vicious with Dipali every time she speaks insultingly about Madhu.😑😊

Earlier, he would simply be openly hostile.

Dipali had probably gotten used to it - the verbal taunts, the "Out!", the openly contemptuous look he would give her.

All the times he told her to stay in her bounds didn't work.

His reminders that she is his bhabhi have always had nonexistent effect.

She uses that relation as a shield in between transgressing that boundary in repugnant fashion.

RK has *finally* starting to treat her not as a bhabhi but simply the woman who betrayed him in a gamble for success and wealth that failed her abominably and left her living off him with every point of her failure at hand.

Today, it felt as if he was finally withdrawing the power that he had left in Dipali's hands - the immunity with which she would intrude her presence and advances on him, taking it for granted that he would either accept her and she would have everything she thinks she deserves, or he would reject the advance but not expose her.

He was finally unmindful of who might see this 'bhabhi' of his in his arms.

This time he was not defensive but on the attack in the smoothest most finessed way.

Now, as each day marks Madhu's absence and Dipali unwittingly salts his wound by mocking at Madhu for being fooled in love, he responds with increasing ruthlessness.

Once when Dipali had told him that Madhu only loved him for his wealth and fame, he had gotten physically violent and pushed and held her against a wall.
But it had been she who was in control and he who had been clearly vulnerable and hurting.

But when she came and commended him for playing and discarding Madhu, he reacted by grabbing her hand with a knowingly painful grip.
And that time, she was cowed at least momentarily, by the fact that he was willing to hurt her even without being emotionally overset, and by the threat that he would be willing to do worse to honour the hate he bears her.

This time, Madhu's gentle visibly loving response seen on TV stoked the fire.

Going by the reasoning that he is deliberately pretending, he may have felt divided against himself by the warmth that after everything Madhu still loved him and was unmindful of letting it be seen, as against desperation of what more he might have done to turn Madhu against him.

The brief jab of pain Madhu caused Dipali at the parlour in retaliation for the taunts and gloating was perhaps as nothing compared to the humiliation RK caused Dipali today.

Dipali has deluded herself for years that she can have RK back.

His telling her to back off never worked.

And he endures Dipali just as he endures Kukku Bhatia - with bitter resignation and contemptuous disgust, because he believes that the day he cannot avoid a decisive confrontation with them, he will be forcing his mother to choose, and he fears that Radha may not choose her son.

This time, he led Dipali on, like a predator.

Letting her believe she had won him back at last, letting her bask in his warm smile, and then letting her see just how easily he could inspire such a foolish hope in her, and finally again reminding her that she was not even remotely in Madhu's league.

And seeing Madhu's, Bittuji's and Radha's reactions throughout today's ep convinced me that RK is most extremely fortunate in the depth to which he is loved by these three people.

Only hoping now the CVs may honour RK's characterization as it was prior to this 'twist' track, and soon give a better reason for his conduct which has wrecked this past week for so many of us viewers.

Each of the three - Madhu and Bittuji even more so than Radha - completely and absolutely prioritize RK to the extent of being unmindful of the effect on others.

We saw that facet in Madhu when she did not permit the fact that she would be taking RK away from his mother for an indeterminate duration to shake her in her intent to leave with RK because he needed it.

We are now seeing that same facet in Bittuji and Radha as well.

Madhu has always struck me as loving RK so absolutely powerfully beyond reason or logic that she may let herself be cut to the heart repeatedly.

But since we are not such grand fictional characters, some reasoning for the torment we have endured in the episodes this week would be greatly appreciated.

Radha was certain to do whatever was needed to bring Madhu back into her son's life.

She tried the direct approach repeatedly and failed to get through to her son.

The reconciliation Madhu engineered has maintained itself. RK has not again turned away from his mother.

But the fear of having her son even unintentionally become cooler to her as the warmth Madhu brought into his life seeps away...
It may be proving a powerful motivator for Radha.

She showed in her happy conversation with Padmini her absolute determination to not lose her son.
And if not even for his happiness or peace of mind, then for no other reason in the world.

And Bittuji's whole world has always revolved around his 'Chief'.
He would arrange any harm to avenge RK. And he would also endure anything, blame and debase himself for his Chief's sake.

Madhu had won Bittuji over by her efforts for RK after the visarjan shot, and by her devotion and love for her husband.
She offered Bittuji something that was priceless to him - a person who loved and understood his Chief even more than he did.

And today finally, the knowledge that her loyalty and concern for RK is still paramount despite everything induced Bittuji to cross his last line, to claim her as sister... though whether he will address her as other than 'bhabhiji' - this girl who is younger to him and is the wife of the man he worships - is a different sort of minefield.

The knowledge that neither RK nor Madhu are happy without each other means that Radha and Bittuji can forge ahead with determined zealous subterfuge to bring them back together.
Which may get an unfortunate reaction from RK if his bitterly executed efforts are thus laid seige to.

Madhu's responses to the press were magnificent. Like her being from a chawl, her marriage too she does not permit anyone to make her feel demeaned by.

Madhu proves in every situation that her dignity raises her to a higher level than anyone that may seek to slight her.

She has only once been shaken, and it was not by RK's insults but by his very convincingly delivered but pointwise very dubious claims of playing her false.

Madhu's scene with her mother and sister seemed a rather strong case of Padmini and Trishna hearing what they want to hear.

Padmini's equating Madhu's advice to her mother with the situation vis-a-vis Madhu herself simply proved that as Madhu fell more and more in love with RK, she has become someone that her parents no longer know or understand fully, and are yet unaware of this - Shamsher perhaps less so than Padmini after his three murder-attempts and the aftermath effect.

Would have expected Padmini to be more wary from the very moment that she saw Madhu's panicked reasoning to Bittuji for why he had to be with RK.

Instead, her maternal desire to have her daughter's every hurt set to rights as quickly as possible may have caused her to deliberately forget what she could not see a way of dealing with.

The precap was dreamy - a visual and emotional pleasure to tide through until the Monday ep, very unlike last Saturday.😳😊
RK in black suit and red shirt, Madhu in white salwar-kurta and red-and-yello
w dupatta, and the white gauzy drapes falling over them just as they came face-to-face.

The very latest promo late this night 16th Feb. 2013 (Narrator: "Apni zindagi sey RK ney Madhu ko nikaalaa. Par kya apni yaado sey mitaa paayegaa?") has the tone remaining hopefully ambiguous, pointing out that RK removed Madhu from his life but stating nothing of his motivation in doing so.πŸ˜•πŸ˜Š
RK's expression is tender and not at all conflicted as he reaches out to a dream vision of Madhu while standing by an open cupboard which seems to contain some of her clothes.😳
It is only when the vision Madhu vanishes that RK draws himself back, visibly pulling himself together.😳
He loves her, yes. But his expressions in this promo indicate that he *knows* it and is at ease in admitting it to himself.πŸ˜•

RK's expressions in this promo have been the first even remotely clear confirmation of the CVs statements supporting RK and asking us to be patient for everything to sorted.😊

CVs, could you please maintain the hopeful tone of this promo, and give a really good reason for this 'twist' upheaval.😊
Because if it turns out to be ego and fear of vulnerability, it's going to be an absolutely wretchedly non-epic reason. Addicted enough to this show that would swallow even that.
But would be beyond thankful if you do give a reasoning that might make us glad to be wrong in doubting the sense of this 'twist'. Please?😊
Edited by leelaa9 - 11 years ago
Ananya05 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Poor bittuji has cried more since yesterday than madhu has since last saturday... πŸ˜†
Ananya05 thumbnail
Here we are trying to forget our disgust towards RK and move on with the story, but CVs keep throwing such scenes that it is impossible to bear this man at times. 🀒
WTH was he doing with Deepali today? It disgusted me to no end. In a way, he is provoking her advances towards himself. There his wife is being hounded and pounded by the media, he watches with indifference and lifts Deepali in his arms. 🀒 takes her to her room and does some useless dialogue baazi. 🀒 One of the most disgusting scenes ever in MB. 🀒

Do we really ever want this man to be around Madhu ever? Edited by Ananya05 - 11 years ago
Angeena thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ananya05

Here we are trying to forget our disgust towards RK and move on with the story, but CVs keep throwing such scenes that it is impossible to bear this man at times. 🀒
WTH was he doing with Deepali today? It disgusted me to no end. In a way, he is provoking her advances towards himself. There his wife is being hounded and pounded by the media, he watches with indifference and lifts Deepali in his arms. 🀒 takes her to her room and does some useless dialogue baazi. 🀒 One of the most disgusting scenes ever in MB. 🀒

Do we really ever want this man to be around Madhu ever?

I think he enjoys this. It probably stokes his ego to have the woman who left him for money come begging to him. It must make him happy to taunt her like this. True he encourages her somewhat, but the point I think is to show how low shameless she is. Maybe he tells himself, what did I see in her? 

Or maybe it is just a way to compare her and Madhu?
Edited by Angeena - 11 years ago
EnchantedForest thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Ananya05

Do we really ever want this man to be around Madhu ever?

He is beggining to disgust me completely.
Ananya05 thumbnail
Of course he does it to stoke his ego. But stoking your ego at the expense of poking fun at your ex-flame, implies that you are still stuck and failed to move on. Besides, IMO, he is truly vulnerable in front of Deepali and has no other means of tackling her. That again is a big question mark on his manhood. Shri, I and others have had a good amount of discussion on this.

But today's scene was just beyond my comprehension.Edited by Ananya05 - 11 years ago