Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
@Sayanti - Aw thanks hun for always being such a great reader and supporter!

@L - Aw you're too kind, L! Thank you for considering it an 'expert tip' as you put it but I think it's just a simple rule of writing something that's believable and close to reality.  YES!! I noticed that too last time I was reading your FF, Latin titles! High five for that, friend!  And thank you for loving the chapter!  And I'm sorry for confusing you position wise. You know I suck at these measuring units. I must have meant a few feet instead of half a mile. 😳 That's what having too much on your mind does.

@Husna - I do understand what you mean.  Dean's not much of a man of words.  His hugs and actions do the talking for him.  But I'm glad that you understand and appreciate my trying to explore the transformation.  And glad you like the title! 

@Chhilt - Thank you! I love the Latin phrases as well, I feel like they convey the point a lot better than many of the English phrases.

Ephemera thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -Mystery-

@L - Aw you're too kind, L! Thank you for considering it an 'expert tip' as you put it but I think it's just a simple rule of writing something that's believable and close to reality.  YES!! I noticed that too last time I was reading your FF, Latin titles! High five for that, friend!  And thank you for loving the chapter!  And I'm sorry for confusing you position wise. You know I suck at these measuring units. I must have meant a few feet instead of half a mile. 😳 That's what having too much on your mind does.

@Chhilt - Thank you! I love the Latin phrases as well, I feel like they convey the point a lot better than many of the English phrases.

@bold : Haila!!!!😲 one more co-incidence?? it's the EXACT reason gor my choice too😃
i am reminded of Sam's quote "ah..Great Minds think alike Dean!!"😆 from a very supernatural Christmas😳

see again i was floundering to get teh correct word 😡 me..that's exactly what i meant.,."expert tip" it is😃..well as i am new to writing...i tend to absorb good points coming my way!!😳 in that way all the experiences turn automatically into an expert advice😆
well sorry to have highlighted the mistake... but when i read ..it wasn't fitting well with the general "flow" of story which i had come to love with your style of story telling😳 YKWIM? hope you are freed of those lots of issues which is taking up your memory space 😳
flutterby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
wow!!!!!  dean not leaving emery's side for 19 hrs...  wish i got a lover like that... 

norse god?? 😕 what in the world is that?? i read it as nurse god...  me and my eyes..
wow... emery's decision was so heartbreaking... 🥺 she want to leave them... but was hesitant to... this whole para is epic...❤️  i am so jealous of you for invoking such deep feelings in a reader... 😡 but i cant do anything...  wow... the convo between dean and emery... ☢️  every word spoken, emotion felt was epic...

i love you!!!!!!!! from The Dean??? faint smileys photo: faint smiley27.gif

Ephemera thumbnail

Originally posted by: flutterby

wow!!!!!  dean not leaving emery's side for 19 hrs...  wish i got a lover like that... 

norse god?? 😕 what in the world is that?? i read it as nurse god...  me and my eyes..
wow... emery's decision was so heartbreaking... 🥺 she want to leave them... but was hesitant to... this whole para is epic...❤️  i am so jealous of you for invoking such deep feelings in a reader... 😡 but i cant do anything...  wow... the convo between dean and emery... ☢️  every word spoken, emotion felt was epic...

i love you!!!!!!!! from The Dean??? faint smileys photo: faint smiley27.gif

aankhen hein ya button😆
Norse Mythology maane those legens and mythological stories related to vikings and Celtic cicilization..mostly welsh Irish etc...

flutterby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lakshmi_3004

aankhen hein ya button😆
Norse Mythology maane those legens and mythological stories related to vikings and Celtic cicilization..mostly welsh Irish etc...

i knew that was coming...
and that was the sole aim of making the above post... 😳

Ephemera thumbnail

Originally posted by: flutterby

i knew that was coming...
and that was the sole aim of making the above post... 😳

🤣
i thought you dint know what is Norse Mythology 😆
-Mystery- thumbnail
@Flutter - Thank you! Loved your comments as always! And I totally love those button-eyed emoticon 😆

Let me know if you need more clarification on Norse mythology.
-Mystery- thumbnail

Part 19 – Friendship and Loyalty & Lack Thereof

It had only been a couple of days since Emery had left but to Dean, it seemed liked ages.  Every minute that passed made him more and more paranoid.  He hadn't heard from Emery at all, she wasn't answering any calls either.  Dean was barely hanging on and Sam understood that.  Truth was that Sam wasn't doing much better either.  It had been awhile either of the Winchesters had cared this deeply about someone and not being right next to her when she was fighting the biggest battle of her life was excruciatingly painful.  The Winchesters always protected the people they loved and not being able to do that was hard for both of them, almost as if they were going against a strong part of their nature.

Dean was returning home after checking around in search of Emery.  He was still regretting the moment he agreed to let her go.  He had a bad feeling about all of this.  Emery shouldn't be alone with Ghazer.  She was strong.  Hell, she as the strongest woman he knew but evil monsters like Ghazer didn't only use strength.  Ghazer was cunning and he didn't exactly play fair, his kind never did.  And Dean just couldn't bear seeing Emery hurt.  Knowing that he could have done something to help her but didn't was even worse.  Upon entering the bat cave, Dean saw Sam working away on his laptop.

"Got anything?" Dean asked hopefully.

Sadly shaking his head, Sam replied, "Not much.  Everything around seems normal.  No suspicious activity that I can detect."  Dean sighed, a bit furiously.  "Dean, Emery doesn't want to be found.  Maybe we should respect that."

Dean looked at Sam incredulously.  He couldn't believe Sam had just said that.  "That was a mistake I've already made, Sam," Dean replied in his deep, no-nonsense tone.

"Dean, I know you're worried.  Trust me, so am I.  I would do anything to help Emery.  But she doesn't want our help.  She made it quite clear."

"Sam, there have been plenty of times we both wanted to do something by ourselves, when "we didn't need any help,"" Dean added exaggerating with the quotation marks gesture.  "But did that ever hold either of us back?"  Dean was referring to the many times he and Sam had decided to solve something on their own, when they made it clear that they would do it on their own, but no matter what, they never left each other alone.  Because they were family.  And family sticks together.

Sam smiled.  "You really do love her that much."  It wasn't a question.  Sam knew that Dean was in this hard but this was the first time he had said out loud in front of Dean.  The fact that Dean didn't flinch or tried to make a joke about it said a lot.  Dean held Sam gaze stubbornly, almost as if he wanted his little brother to know just how much.  After a few seconds, Sam raised his hands in air, declaring defeat.  "We both have been trying to locate her, Dean, but so far we've only hit dead ends.  Cas is who knows where, what are we supposed to do?"

"Where the hell is Cas?" Dean spit out angrily.  Just a second later, the boys heard the familiar flapping of the wings.

"Right behind ya," Sam responded shaking his head.

Dean turned around and gave Cas an angry look.  "Cas, man, where have you been?"

"I was doing exactly what I said I would," Cas responded, then added with a proud smile, "I've found a way to end Ghazer."

"Good.  Now we just need to find Emery," Dean said.

With wrinkles on his forehead, Cas inquired, "Where is Emery?"

"She left," Sam replied.

"What?  She shouldn't have.  It's not safe for her..." Cas would have continued had he not seen all color disappear from Dean's face.  Dean had been trying hard not to think about the worst all these days.  Now hearing the worst spoken out loud hurt.

"Cas, please, you gotta find her.  She's not answering her phone.  We've tried everything but we can't locate her. Please, Cas!"

Cas wasn't very aware of human emotions but somehow he understood Dean's desperation.  He nodded gravely and disappeared while Sam and Dean shared a worried look.

~*~ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ~*~

When Ghazer had decided to pursue the worst and most dangerous task, his pagan friends had quietly shunned him.  Most Norse gods didn't believe in hurting the humans, besides, even if they did, hunters would come after them.  So even more than a morality issue, it was about self-preservation.  So when Ghazer called a meeting after all this while, none of them were thrilled.

Freyr, one of the gods known for bringing peace and pleasure to mankind, was particularly furious.  "What do you want, Ghazer?"

"Oh, Freyr, that's no way to welcome a friend," Ghazer replied sarcastically.

"We are not friends, Ghazer.  And you know that. Why are you?"

"Well, I've run into some problems and could use my kinds help," Ghazer responded with a lot of pride.  No matter what happened, he never felt anything but.

"You failed.  That's your problem.  We warned you before."

"I have not failed, nor will I.  In fact, I found some sigils that will keep the angel out.  He's the main road block and I've taken care of him," Ghazer said almost like a spoiled brat.

"You have no idea but you're in it way over your head," One of the older, wiser gods added.

"Really? Who's gonna stop me? Those useless humans?"  Ghazer's over confidence was one of his worst flaws.

"If you had even spent half the time watching 'those useless humans' as you did watching that little witch, you would know that they are THE Winchesters."

"SO?"

"SO?  The Winchesters are the best hunters.  They have killed several of our kind without blinking an eye.  Anything that hurts their family doesn't live long to tell the tale.  And you, you have hurt his brother and the girl he's obviously in love with.  How long do you think you have?"

"Even if they are as good hunters as you're making them to be, they can't do me any harm.  I'm far more powerful!"  All reasoning was lost on Ghazer when it came to his pride.  He thought he was unbeatable. 

"But we can't risk it. You are on your own."  Everyone in the room nodded and muttered in agreement.

"FINE! I don't need your help anyway.  I'm far more powerful than all of you combined.  But you will regret this decision."  Giving them a last menacing look, Ghazer disappeared.

~*~ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ~*~

The sun was just waking up and Emery was looking at it sitting on a bench in a park.  She felt a familiar energy before Cas materialized.  She was used to his sudden appearances and hence, wasn't startled.  Her eyes were still focused on the sky in front of her when she said, "Hi, Cas." 

"Emery," Cas said nodding.  Then, he too focused on the sky in front of them.  "Sunrises are beautiful."

Emery's lips turned up in a weak smile.  "Dean asked you to come after me, didn't he?"

"I... Um..."  Cas knew about Emery's decision to face Ghazer alone and didn't really know what to say.

"Don't even try to lie, Cas.  You suck at it."

Sighing, Cas nodded, "Even if Dean hadn't asked me, I would have come."

"Why?"

"Because that's what friends do, right?"  Cas asked, looking in doubt and Emery had to smile.

"Oh, so we're friends?" Emery teased.

"I wasn't aware we weren't," Cas responded gravely and Emery had to laugh.  Still not understand the teasing, Cas looked doubtful when he added, "I can help."

"No, you can't, Cas.  Ghazer knows about you now.  He's too smart to not have implemented any sigils against angels."  After a few moments of silence, Emery added, "Besides, Ghazer's made a lot more enemies than just me.  And one of them revealed a very important secret to me.  I know how to kill him and you were right.  I have to do it."

Cas looked at her a little surprised.  "Then I can help you get whatever you need."  Emery was about to argue when he added, "I know what you need and I also know that it'll take you a very long time to acquire everything.  I promise I will only help you prepare and not interfere afterwards."  Emery looked at him and seeing how serious he was about it, she hesitantly nodded.  Both focused their attention back on the sky which was turning in all sorts of beautiful colors as the sun was trying to break through the clouds to start another day.

-Mystery- thumbnail
PM List for New Updates

Following people are on the PM list.  I will only PM you if you are on the list.  I do not want to bother anyone who isn't interested.  And if you're busy and/or not interested in receiving the PMs anymore, please do let me know. I really don't mind :)
  •  -najmeen-
  • beyonddarkness
  • chhilt
  • flutterby
  • herms_angel
  • juliet7dead
  • jyotimeena
  • lakshmi_3004
  • Prekshagupta
  • sayanti_ashiuv

If you'd also like to receive an Update PM, please hit like on THIS post.

Thanks,
M
sayanti_ashiuv thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
unres

so, ghazer is the stupidest among his kind😆😉 he did not listen to the advice which will obviously lead to his downfall..wow...norse gods...loved the pagan elements you incorporated here...and thank god, emery accepted cas' help...and i loved their conversation..how cas, still not being so well versed with the ways of human, reluctantly trying to converse with emery about a friendship between them and reminding how friends help each other in distress😳 aww..i am proud of our angel and dean dean dean😲 you amaze me with the way his character is evolving😲 so much change...his face became pale hearing a hint about emery's danger from cas..what they say? love changes a human..but i believe that this change was always hidden inside dean who nurtured deep inside a desire for having a own family of his and probably of having kids too...i remember lisa and ben here☺️ dean was a perfect father to ben..a perfect family man😳 sam was equally worried too and they now consider emery a family member😃😃 awww😳😳😳😳😳 do continue soon mahi..and i agree with L here this is the calm before the storm..something is going to happen really soon...

Edited by sayanti_ashiuv - 10 years ago