Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

luvera thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: iiDona

Chapter 50. I am not the least bit humble when it comes to Ezra. Meet my official husband. Isn't he wonderful? I just loved him in that movie. This scene (as a whole) was amazing along with the girl who ate Christmas. 

For obvious reasons, that Madhu & Adam kissing fix reminded me of this  scene.

He could be great company... never a dull moment... but looks like he might swing both ways...
Edited by luvera - 11 years ago
DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: luvera

Seriously mannn!!!! Boston Legal - I loved that show... Suits and the current versions of it kinda suck, esp if you have watched the likes of Boston Legal & Ally McBeal...

These two have daddy and mommy issues... they are stuck in a world of confusion... should they shouldnt they?? 
I love Gabriel Matcht & Sarah Rafferty as actors and for a season and half, the show looked promising. Now, it is just getting repetitive. And yes, I would like to see some progress on the personal front. Ally McBeal is an oldie for me😆 But, now that you mention it, maybe I can watch it with renewed interest. I remember being too young for Boston Legal and watching it anyway. If only I had that kind of a liberty during Ally McBeal days. There is always DVD😊

luvera thumbnail

Let's see you flirt with Abby when your junk's all shrunk.

laugh out loud.

Come to daddy.

I was jumping off my seat. OMG!!

Adam is so Ezra. 

I came up with the whole idea and really got creative in terms of dares... Thought back to all the freaking truth and dare games I have ever played in my life and kinda drew inspiration from real life events.. the lap dance was in real life a striptease... where we ended up shouting "Put it back on" instead of "Take it off" caz the guy who got the dare, trust me you wouldn't want to go to the beach with him... EVER!!!!
luvera thumbnail

I think I was 15 when I watched it... But loved it...
luvera thumbnail

Is maya dumb or playing dumb? the girl had a wet dream. that would have been embarrassing, having someone right by your side when you wake up a mess. gosh i love you for writing this😊

Hmmm.. was thinking about what you said about Maya being dumb or playing dumb... Sometimes dont parents play dumb just because they dont want to or dont know how to deal with the truth..
eg. Everyone including parents know what a hicky looks like... At some point in their life they would have had one... but they disregard it and take your word for it when you stupidly say you hurt yourself ...
luvera thumbnail
Note: Just treading on some very deep topics here... You might have varied opinions and that is but natural. You are welcome to discuss your beliefs on the matter. But refrain from putting down another's beliefs.. At the end of the day, if you don't see eye to eye, you must agree to disagree..

Chapter 58

The topic for the evening revolved around same sex relationships and their consequent problems. "Coming out of the closet is the biggest dilemma according to me. Once you cross that street the rest just follows." Adam addressed the issue. "We are brought up with the knowledge that one day when the girl child grows up she will get married to a boy and will leave her parents and stay with her new family. Similarly the boy child will marry and bring home a new wife. There is no scope to think otherwise.Imagine the frustration and hatred a child feels towards himself or herself as he/she grows up because he/she knows that he/she is different but cannot voice that because of ridicule or hatred he/she will face, not just from outsiders but family too. Is it wrong for a person to stay true to himself or herself?"

Abby got up from where she sat beside Akash and walked over to Adam and sat beside him holding his hand. "You don't have to do this. We were just discussing stuff."

Adam looked towards Abby and assured her that he was fine. "I am fine, Abby."

"A person is considered normal only when he or she follows societal norms. Any deviation from the same is like committing a sin. Over time haven't we broadened our minds regarding caste system, religious beliefs, race, colour etc. I think it is high time we except that being different is not a crime or sin. And this difference extends to sexual preferences too. Everyone has a right to live the way they want and be happy."

"Adam sweetie, this change in attitude is slow but sure. I understand that it has been a long fight and there is a still longer fight ahead of us. But you have me and Mom and Dad too right alongside you." Abby assured Adam.

Adam looked around at all the intense and worried faces and smiled. "Sorry guys!! This topic just kinda gets to me. But you know what just can't wait for the time they acknowledge us and legalise same sex marriages in India too."

Rishab listened to them as they talked about marriage ceremonies, dresses, locations for the ceremonies, and a dozen other things, but his attention was focused on Madhu as she laughed and talked with her friends. He was glad that she had friends such as these who understood her and encouraged her to be herself.

"I don't know if I wanna even get married," Abby confessed.

Akash turned his head to the side to look at her. "No?" She shrugged. "I just think it's a little overrated."

"Why's that?" "Well, why would I need a piece of paper that tells me I belong to someone?"

"It's more than just a piece of paper, Abby. It's a symbol of commitment and it lets the whole world know that two people belong to each other and that they're committed to making their relationship work."

"But you can commit to those things in other ways... and it would save money if you break up."

Madhu could see the hurt in Akash's eyes and she shook her head. "I don't wanna spend my whole life with someone who isn't willing to marry me."

"Well, yeah, I guess that's true, and if you're with someone and you don't trust them to stick around then I guess you shouldn't marry them or have kids with them," Akash said slowly.

Madhu nodded. "Marriage isn't just a paper, Abby. It's wearing his last name, feeling that you belong to someone. Hell, it's even safer for your kids just in case something happens to you or your husband." 

Abby felt trapped all of the sudden. The conversation had suddenly thrown her changing relationship with Akash into an entirely new light. He seemed to believe in marriage, he wanted the wife and kids, and all the entrapments that came with it. She didn't know if she was ready to even think about that stuff. 

Akash didn't know what to think about Abby's opinion. Maybe it was just something that would pass after a while, or maybe she really didn't believe in stuff like this.

"Well, it's not like it's something that has to be decided today," Rishab said, recognizing the look on the Abby's face. "I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm starving."

Madhu glanced up and suddenly realized that Rishab had probably heard everything she had said. Oh, shit,she thought, we are taking it slow and out of nowhere I talk marriage. I can count myself lucky if he doesn't run from me after this trip.

"I'm never getting married, even if they legalise it," Adam announced as he started mixing hot water into his dinner. "Don't say never," Akash told him and tapped his shoulder while moving past him.

"Whatever. Seriously, people get married and more than half of them get divorced, and the ones who don't get divorced, man, you know they're just cheating on each other. What's the point? Stay single and that way you've automatically got a get out of jail free card at any time."

"You're gonna be very lonely when you get old," Madhu said with a smirk.

"Nope," Adam denied, "'cause I'm still gonna be hot and I'll still have them chasing me down."

Rishab snorted. "Shouldn't be hard for them to catch you since you'll be using a walker or sitting in a wheelchair... and they'll be in the same condition."

Abby stood up and walked away from the group silently. Akash and Madhu both saw it and frowned. Madhu shook her head at him when he was about to get up and stood up by herself to see what was wrong with her friend.

She found her sitting on a rock around a little corner where no one from the fire could see her. "Hey, girlfriend. Why're you hiding?"

"Kind of a heavy conversation, you know?" Abby said quietly.

Madhu took a seat next to her, carefully nudging her friend so she would made a little more room for her to sit. "Don't really think that far ahead right now, huh?"

"It's just... What was I thinking?" she muttered. "Akash just caught me off-gaurd. I didn't expect him to be Mr. Reliable. I mean, he loves to go out and have a good time and he can be a jackass at times, but he believes in all of that forever crap!!"

"And that scares you," Madhu stated. 

Abby snorted. "Hell, yes, that scares me!" She bit her lip, worrying it for several seconds before she took a deep breath. "He isn't just interested in me as a... a casual thing or a fling, Madhu."

Madhu lifted one eyebrow and smirked. "Did you just figure this out by yourself or did he actually say something?"

"No," Abby drew designs in the snow with her booted foot, "no, he said something... something that can't be taken back no matter what happens."

"And what exactly was it? How'd you react?"

"He said he loves me, Madhu. I mean, I wasn't expecting it. At first I was worried about he wanting a casual thing. Then I was worried about it not working out. And now I am worried that he might want me more than I want him. When he first told me my flight or first response was kicking in. But I didn't run away and I didn't push him away." She threw her hands up in the air as she got up and started pacing. "Anyway, I told him that it scares me, that I've got concerns about what'll happen to us if it doesn't work out, and that we need to take it slow, but not tooo slow, if you catch my drift."

Madhu shook her head at that. Only Abby could find humour in times like this. "But you're not totally freaking out at the thought of Akash being your boyfriend, right?"

"Well, not totally, no. I mean, you don't tell someone you love them unless you have certain expectations, right?"

"Did you tell him you love him?"

"No." She winced. "Was I supposed to? What, is that like standard protocol or something?"

Madhu shook her head. "It's not standard protocol, Abby. You shouldn't say it if you're not sure of yourself and your feelings yet."

"See? I don't know what the rules are." She rolled her eyes. "And I'm the one who was giving you advice at the start of this trip? I hope you haven't been taking it."

"Um..." was all she said.

"You have, haven't you? If there was a wall in front of me I'd be banging my head on it. What? Which bit of brilliant advice did you take?"

"I don't remember the exact words but the gist of it is - I should take the risk since the worst that could happen would be that we go our separate ways after this trip again. It would be worse if I didn't even try. And that I love him too much not to give him a chance. Something around those lines..."

"Wait." Abby sat down next to Madhu. "You're really gonna go for it with Rishab?"

The other girl shrugged. "Maybe, yeah. We talked about it last night and we... we wanna be together."

"Madhu, that's great!" Inside she was totally doing the happy cheerleading dance and singing 'Whoa-oa-oa GO CUPID!!' 

"Don't be too happy about it, okay? I need someone who sees things as they are. Realistic, you know? So whenever I'm too blinded by love to see what's in front of me, tell me."

"Well, I don't really know him, but I like him a lot. But, I promise, if you do something stupid or you can't see things clearly because you're blinded by love, I'll let you know."

Madhu nodded. "Thanks."

"So... are you gonna tell him about your parents?"

"Ungh, yeah."

"Madhu, this's big!"

"Uh-huh, and he too has started opening up to me a little."

"So, you guys are really serious about this." Abby thought about that for a few minutes. "Your sure about this, Madhu?"

"Huh-uh, that's the scary thing here, Abby. Tell me that opening up to him is not crazy."

"No, its not crazy. You love him, right? You're ready to take a huge leap of faith, so that implies that you trust him enough to open up to him in this relationship." Abby hugged her friend. "If you've got enough faith to talk to him about it, then have faith in his ability to understand and support you. If you can't, they why risk it?"

"If he can take a chance on me how could I not trust him in the same manner, Abby."

"Then believe in him."

She rolled her eyes. "Weren't we talking about how great this trip was gonna be because we wouldn't have anything heavy to deal with?"

Madhu snorted. "Yeah. Great how that turned out, huh?"

"Oh, please, girl! Tell me you'd want a vacation without complications over one where you have Rishab around."

"I really want him, badly," she admitted.

"Sounds to me like you've got him."

"He's the one for me, Abby. I know it, I just do."

Abby tossed her hair over her shoulder. "Great!! Now...," she made a rolling motion with her right hand, "solve my problems."

...Seema... thumbnail
v well written.i really liked da way u described contrasting and varying emotions.thanx for pm and continue soon.
DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Sexuality is not a square box to sort yourself in; there are overlapping circles. That is all I have to contribute about the LGBTQ issue. As far as marriage and kids go, that is a personal call affecting on you and your partner. Therefore, exclusively your & your partner's decision. I do not appreciate judgement for or against having children & marriage,etc. Coming to your story, I felt as thought, all of a sudden, these kids have grown up and starting pondering over the future. It was unexpected and shocking almost to have them mature over night. 
Equivalent to having a peak experience (thought not exactly) with a group of friends. 
saijahnavi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
wow nice update continue soon😊
marriage is a best thing.it gives a some sweet and bitter memories.

Saumya19 thumbnail
Homosexuality and India???? we hardly even say the word out loud...it was a criminal offence before 2009 under IPC of India...In 2012 the supreme court called upon the legislature to frame statues in order to de criminalize Gay relationship...to which the center denied to saying It is iMMoral unnatural and against indian social fabric...funny huh...anyways comming to FF ,,,,,I was actually expecting this lGBt talk sooner than later given that you had Adam ...I liked the way Abby stood upto him... not many under her circumstance would do that in US .India is a far cry...why this talk of marriage out of the blue r u planning to wind up the FF???