Hot off your television sets-vd

anjucool thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

VIVIAN DSENA
Vivian Dsena started his career on TV with a role in the serial Kasam Se, comes from a family of engineers and doctors and had himself opted out of engineering to try his luck in the world of modelling, something that his mother was quite shocked to hear at that time. It was his role of a vampire in the serial Pyaar Ki Ek Kahaani that made Vivian a household name. Unfortunately, the popularity of the show on Star One was not reflected in the TRPs. In fact, it was his huge popularity on Pyaar Ki that acted in his favour and Vivian clinched the role of superstar RK in Madhubala, the show he is currently seen on Colors.

What makes them hot? 
Most people compliment me for my prominent jawline, my stubble and even my complexion. I also feel that people quite like my wide shoulders.

What your fans say - good and bad, what do you get blasted for?
Honestly, I have never kept a track of what people say about me or my work. Whatever serial I am doing, I just believe in giving my 200 per cent on that. When I was doing Pyaar Ki Ek' people used to just call me vampire and were even scared of me. Even today, most of them still call me a vampire. Thankfully, a few of them refer to me as RK and ask me why am I always scaring poor Madhu!

The kind of role you would love to see yourself in?
I prefer to go with the flow and see where destiny takes me. At the same time, I must say that I have lucky to have had the chance of playing a variety of characters in my serials.

Three things you do to look hot?
While working for Pyaar Ki' I had maintained a very good physique as vampires are supposed to have lean bodies. However, the long shoots that continued late at night led to a lot of irregular eating that resulted in weight gain. For Madhubala, I was asked to lose weight but not muscle. I achieved the same by playing football some four times a week besides doing circuit training for the full body besides opting for a healthy diet. As far as grooming is concerned, I feel that one needs to definitely take care to look nice and proper in every aspect as most times people tend to idolize us.

What makes that role interesting?
RK is a superstar who is supposed to be idolised by everyone and he always gets what he wants. He is an intense, calculative and composed star who cares little for emotions and can even be ruthless to get his work done. In real life also, most of us want to be superstar, isn't it? A larger than life character.

Any previous serials?
I debuted with Kasam Se followed by Pyaar Ki Ek Kahaani.

Favourite co-star?

It has to be Indresh Malik (Bittu ji) of Madhubala. As for female co-stars, I have been lucky to have had a very good relationship with all of them.

One way in which you think you can improve?

That's a secret. I will improve in areas where I feel I lack but that will be only for my knowledge.

The best and the worst critical comment they got
I had just started with Kasam Se and I hardly knew acting at that time. Someone wrote that ab acting katag lag gaya hai to acting bhi kar lo. The best comment I got from the producer of Madhubala, Saurabh Tiwari who said that I'm acting better than his expectations.

Who are the other guys that they think are hot?
Karan Tacker, he looks good. Karan Wahi has a good body and even Gurmeet Choudhury has a good body.

Do you have any fear or regret about the fact that they are completely recognized by the character they are playing?
Not at all. I feel on top of the world whenever people appreciate my character as in effect it's me they are appreciating.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Brunch/Brunch-Stories/Hot-off-your-television-sets/Article1-988762.aspx

Edited by anjucool - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tfs, vivu is my role model
anjucool thumbnail
 welcome dear