Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

A_Derry_Girl thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Mentality.
clothes,song ,dance,phones are mere excuses. Ones sick and pathetic mentality wont change if a girl is in a sari or a skirt. A 3 year old girl doesn't have a cell phone,  they don't sexually provoke in anyway, they why do they get raped???
 Its matter of showing gender dominance and aggression. 
And then there is our political system and our society. We worship Ma Durga but at the end of the day don't respect a woman, such hypocrisy. Many many rapes cases goes unreported as the victim is scared of the society, that it will blame her and look down upon her. And it does happen. Not only men,  I have even seen women telling that these acts are because of the 'modern culture' and 'modern clothes' ...clothes my foot!!!!!
Then justice does not prevail most of the times, at the maximum  the rapist is kept in jail for few years and then is bailed out...while the girl is scarred forever, mentally ...

and well reserved for now, will comment fully later.  
Edited by -BlazingWater- - 11 years ago
salta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
NEED TO REDEFINE ETHICS AND MORALS...

According to me, it's really really hard to change the overall mindset of people, but I believe that it is possible. Luckily I do have few most wonderful men and guys in my life...my dad, my friends, cousin, my teachers. And all of them believe in perfect equality...in every case. And me and they, all of us got the same environment which teaches us that women are always subjected to men.

Redefine values: Don't take anything just because it happens...everything you learn from society, culture or religion, reconsider it, question it... don't escape the arguments or discussions which follow, face them. It's more for women because as many accepted that the behavior of women is quite responsible for this. They are the one who point a finger on a woman first. Don't let your decisions and judgements based on someone else's arguments...what religion teaches, what your grandma say, let your own thoughts from your conscience...

and just stop even thinking that women provoke men's desires and to fulfill their needs men do rape...it's f**king bullshit, i said it before and i'm saying it now...men and women both do have their sexuality, their desires...and girls if it would had been about desire or look, then a simple example... when we look some sexy or cute guy then we do check out him, so if at night we see a handsome guy with sexy jacket and buttons opened at late night, and drunk would we harass him or molest or rape him...and then say that he provoked us to do this..?
dude81 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
this died out too soon... expected it to continue sum more...
RatiG thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Mentality
because every time all the edicats are taught to girls not boys..
girls are taught
- to wake up early
-not eat before bathing
- bath daily
-to pray daily
-wear cloths properly
-talk properly
-walk properly
-have respect for everyone
-not to say a word when someone say anything to them
-not to react when people pass comments
-to ignore when some guys sees u as if they have first time seen a girl
-to come home till 7
-not to stay at friends home late night
-no late night parties
-not to go out with boys alone
- keep quite even if they feel that someone is wrong
... and the list can go on and on

but boys are given full freedom...girls are taught to keep quite so they do
and boys are taught that they have right to do anything

people learn from their home and friends
no police can do anything if individuals dont do anything

girls are not raped by police or politicians or public they are raped by men ...and men should change...they should learn to respect women

and women should have dignity that they dont complain false complains against anyone under any circumstances 
as because of some every girl's complain is considered same

LoveVivah thumbnail
Girls does not get raped due to her clothes or provocative acts! It's happen due to our society low mantlity. We need to change our mantility. 
amirnasir thumbnail
Its simple yar... girls wants to wear short skirts then let them wear. it is not a reason to rape.
We boys can also wear half-pants & walk on the road.
As far as the word provoking is concerned, they are not coming to us & saying hot words like Sunny Leone.

Although i would also like to add that India culture is a great culture & we should not forget it. 
Modern are those who love their nation & their values not those who follow others.
whitewitch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
indian patriach system who supports female infacticide. they dont want girl child still they need woman to satisfy their needs
spate22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RatiG

Mentality

because every time all the edicats are taught to girls not boys..
girls are taught
- to wake up early
-not eat before bathing
- bath daily
-to pray daily
-wear cloths properly
-talk properly
-walk properly
-have respect for everyone
-not to say a word when someone say anything to them
-not to react when people pass comments
-to ignore when some guys sees u as if they have first time seen a girl
-to come home till 7
-not to stay at friends home late night
-no late night parties
-not to go out with boys alone
- keep quite even if they feel that someone is wrong
... and the list can go on and on

but boys are given full freedom...girls are taught to keep quite so they do
and boys are taught that they have right to do anything

people learn from their home and friends
no police can do anything if individuals dont do anything

girls are not raped by police or politicians or public they are raped by men ...and men should change...they should learn to respect women

and women should have dignity that they dont complain false complains against anyone under any circumstances 
as because of some every girl's complain is considered same

Wow!! ğŸ˜² This is what my mom expects of me!! Most of it is correct!! ğŸ˜Š And I hate that!! 

Shreya
bhavis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

Rape- the definition itself tells that it is an act to show power. This act just does not harm any lady physically but also mentally and morally. She starts cursing her own self for the act in which she was not responsible at all.

The big question is what is the driving factor here? Westernization, alcohol, media, clothes or mindset.  But there are factors above and beyond those along with the factors stated here.

Inequality along with mentality/psychological issues/media –

India is one of the countries where equality between men and women was given importance before the modern times. If you look at our epics and history- women were treated equal. I know one of my friends has brought in the points from Ramayan here but that is another debate and hence will not respond to that here.

Somehow with time when did boy become more important than girl no one knows. With this mentality of higher importance all their mistakes were considered as pardonable. Since childhood families had put this seed in mind of the kid that boy or male child is more important than girl or female child. This seed nurtures up depending on the environment it gets.  Due to this importance he starts developing the ego.  This ego is shattered once that individual goes out in real world and faces the hardship and failures. Failure be it of getting admission in his fav college, doing what he wants to do, losing chance to excel, etc, etc.  Even our government is doing enough harm to these individuals in the name of reservation, politics, etc.  and media – unki to baat hi niralee hain – they make sure that people wake up with the negative news and instead of debating positives of society they start discussing negatives and failures.

Instead of fighting  with outside world that individual becomes a failure. Ab mard hain mardangi to jatani hain – to kya kare?

With women in power and at many places ahead of men; they take out all frustration be it under the influence of alcohol or in the name of clothes or even worst at times they just want to show women their place since they think them as a threat on their manhood.  

Skewed Gender Ratio:

In order to have male child more and more girl child are aborted. The result – more and more man are deprived of wives. This imbalance in society has brought in big issues like passing comments as a road side romeo or harassing women. It's a stated fact that sex too is an important part of any living being. Since we do not follow jungle rule we have society in which a man and woman are married in order to satisfy their natural need. Even between couples when they do not indulge in this activity for long they are frustrated and they will indulge in activities that are not acceptable as husband or wife. So think of those who are totally deprived due to the fact that they do not get a woman for marriage. How frustrated would that man be?

So what does he do? The man who is a weak individual will give in to his instinct and will make prey to the first woman/lady he finds.

Is this acceptable? Absolutely no? Am I defending them? No? 

Media, alcohol and westernization may be held responsible but not sole responsible for this act. If that is the case then the most rape should occur in the bars and in high society where in name of fashion woman shows more skin then their brains and last but not least it should occur in the cinema halls or at home after watching those scenes. 

Parents need to teach their girl child to defend them and make use of their sixth sense.  Proper use of pepper spray should be taught to them as well. Instead of telling them that they are abala nari and this is their fate make them stand up for themselves as well.

RatiG thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: spate22

Wow!! ğŸ˜² This is what my mom expects of me!! Most of it is correct!! ğŸ˜Š And I hate that!! 

Shreya

Even i😡