Ranbir Kapoor's new leading lady Pallavi Sharda

hasini009 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Ranbir Kapoor's new leading lady Pallavi Sharda

She has quietly gone from a walk-on part in Karan Johar's 'My Name Is Khan' to the male lead opposite Ranbir Kapoor- no less - in Abhinav Kashyap's 'Besharam'. The story of a con-man in Delhi and his lady-love goes on the floors in March 2013.

Understandably excited about the leap of faith from a cameo to a dream-like lead with Ranbir Kapoor, Pallavi Sharda says, she is not allowed to talk about her part. But the Australia-born academician-beauty queen confirms she has bagged the coveted role.

Says Pallavi Sharda, "I was barely there in 'My Name Is Khan'. I had a more substantial role in Sahil Sangha's 'Love Breakups Zindagi' and now the lead in 'Besharam'. Like any other job, I've worked my way up as an actress, and all on my own."

Pallavi's parents are both academicians. They had migrated to Australia before she was born.

Says Pallavi, "My parents are IITians. And I am an LLB graduate. They migrated to Australia in the 1980s and became lecturers. Bharat Natyam and Bollywood were part of my growing-up years."

Pallavi stays alone in Mumbai. "I've been brought up to be extremely self-dependent. I left Australia and my parents to be in Mumbai at the age of 18.I don't have any family in Mumbai. I stay alone in a rented place in Mumbai. It was tough making my way around. But I've never had the feeling that I am alone or vulnerable."

Pallavi has just completed an Australian film. "I am proud of my Australian background. My Australian film Save Your Legs where I play the lead, is going to be released in February 2013. It's about the Australian cricket team touring India, their trials and tribulations. It's an out-and-out comedy. It's set in India but it's an Australian production."

Pallavi co-star in 'Save Your Legs' is Australian star Stephen Curry. And it's directed by Boyd Hicklin.

Says Pallavi, "My Indian-Australian heritage is very important to me. So it's really gratifying that I'm able to work in both the environments. I am not closed to working in any part of the world."

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/ENT-meet-ranbir---s-new-leading-pallavi-sharda-4138229-NOR.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hasini009 thumbnail

why Pallavi reminds me of Anushka?๐Ÿ˜•

umm...is it self esteem/self respect or self praising?๐Ÿ˜‰

Edit:

ok aap koi bhi ho par Biru se dur aur bachke rehna๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by hasini009 - 11 years ago
MR.KooL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
so she is ranbir's new taste.
hasini009 thumbnail
Ranbir's  "isko kaise patao" wala expression ๐Ÿ˜†
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Her look is just not right..Doesn't fit the mould for a Besharam type of film..perhaps she will surprise us in edgy films!
mango-frost thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
who was she in my name is khan?
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Pallavi se hoga..๐Ÿ˜†

Abhinav Kashyap's 'Besharam'. The story of a con-man in Delhi

Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! part deux  ๐Ÿฅฑ

BTW, no one cares who was the heroine of OLLO, so it's better casting a girl like Pallavi than casting a 100 crore china vase. 

Originally posted by: mango-frost

who was she in my name is khan?

The Muslim girl who offers Khan a spring roll.

TheAquaCapri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This ranbir guy irritates the hell out of me๐Ÿคข