Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

glassdoor thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: -publicenemy-

The rules have always been the same; it's on the bottom of every page of India Forums, stating:
"Note:

India Forums does not permit posting of any content or material which is or can be construed as being

• sexually explicit, po*nographic
  • offensive to any religion, race or community
  • abusive language or Derogatory Expressions.
  • violative of anothers Intellectual Property"

Thus, from the IF side, the ban on "sexually explicit, po*nographic" material covers both rape and sex in general.  As you can see, this is a difficult rule to enforce given the sheer number of stories out there.

The problem is also that there is very little in the way of a good discussion about this trend of "depravity" given the popularity of 'dark fictions.'

-D

Well there you go I missed the standard fine print. 😳. My bad.

Cannot agree more with you. It is difficult to regulate it. That is why I feel such rules are kind of pointless. We can discuss all we want. But will followers of such fiction ever stop? I would think not. There will always be a "50 shades of something and something else" story...
rima thumbnail
Originally posted by: -publicenemy-

This is a troubling phenomenon that has been evident in many FFs for a while now.  However, what I have also noticed that - and I admit that this is likely an over-generalization - the FFs that glorify rape, rapists, and have the woman victim be presented as someone who either enjoys it or who later finds love with the perpetrator are written in a generally immature manner or at the very least give the indication that it is written by a young person or someone who is just reaching for extremes in the FF without having any understanding of the issue itself.  The reader-base also tends to be of a similar ilk, giving the indication of young age or some level of lack of maturity in their responses.  I am all for creative freedom in writing and there is certainly a genre of rape-fantasy fiction out there that has its own reader-base (although generally they are geared towards adults with some clear understanding of the distinction between fantasy and reality and not young'uns attracted to the shock value of the subject and somehow confusing that level of control and possession as somehow reflecting desirability and genuine love).  

I have had debates on this issue with some of my friends here on IF and in arguing both sides of the equation between ourselves, what one of them said was that there is no way to protect children and adolescents from the real world and given that they have access to the web and all its questionable content, what is the purpose of trying to control content here on IF or FFs.  While there is some merit to her argument, I am often troubled by how much support there is here for 'dark FFs' with this content and how the majority typically tend to ignore the issue and the fact that some of these FFs receive 300 and 400 likes.  Popularity does not automatically mean that the issue should not be questioned or that there shouldn't be a good discussion about this trend so that the other side of the issue - the problems with glorifying rape in this manner - should not be discussed.  

Independent of the new rules on writing this content, I am genuinely curious about the appeal of this trend and would like to hear from both sides of the argument - those who are in support of it and those who are opposed to it.

-D

well said
I wish to know the psyche that destroys a person
and then again makes that person vindicated with love by the hero who is also her rapist

I agree majority of these writers have a very immature style of writing
and the supporters too are equally belonging to a particular gang

you know i tried reading one of them
till date it haunts me

even if it is fiction
the pain of the person undergoing rape
is too much to bear
so what if the hero makes up for it

as i said
rape is rape is rape

it is forcing sex on a person

and it better not be glorified with love and romance
vanhi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Hello all,

I have been an active writer in the forum and I respect my readers. Here, as you all mentioned, I agree with most of the things... one about the blog link, or about asking/demanding for comments. It is completely the writer's choice in their own style. Some of them might just ask in a simplistic manner, and his words might hurt the writer's feelings. In such cases, no one are to be blamed in any way. We can not judge them without knowing their real intentions.

I also noticed that few readers who would regularly comment on the works, if the writer didn't replay to their posts, period, they would just stop commenting further. In that case, if they were offended being neglecting, then it is NOT right, guys. It's just that the writer hadn't found enough amount of time to re-comment to the posts. But they will always go through the comments for each and every part... So here, no one is at fault too, and it is all about understanding one's intentions and accepting them... Lately, I have been busy and never hit the like button for the comments on my stories, but I mentioned them the reason for that, and they, my readers, are very understandable and supportive to me... So, for all the people here, just speak out, interact with each other and you will be happy with the response...

And now, I have a doubt on the topic... Mature Content... I have few parts in my stories which contain it, and I used very sensitive words to describe their emotions while having their intimacy, though not in any way vulgar (as my readers mentioned it too). Here, I was confused whether whatever I have written has to be removed or can be kept... Because, for me whatever I had written was decent and in any way, not in a negative way, but the same might be vulgar to others. 

If any one can please tell me about it, I will be thankful and will edit it immediately. Here is the post link

One of my story... it is about a woman who faced the worst childhood. I wanted and tried to point out the facts as how women were treated by society and in many families, even now, look women as a worthless. The story revolves around a woman, who was forced to marry a guy, but the guy left her after an hour of the wedding, and tied her in the so called relationship, when he was enjoying his life with his girlfriend. In that circumstances, she met a man in her office, who felt a pull... Situations led them have a kind of live-in relationship... Thus the actual story starts of how the woman fights with the society, her family and her husband for her true love, with the help of that man... Is the story okay to be continue...? I did use their intimate part. Please clear this out... If it is not accepted, I respect the decision and edit it out immediately... Here is the link to the actual story...

(mature content that I used is part 4)

Thank you,

Vanhi
khoobsurata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
thanks but in if there are a lot of mature content . I thought how allow you such posts. now i understood that they are against the rule. i have have request. you should try to delete such 18+ fictions
Sarangnunmul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks a lot for your Clarification..
zoobie-doobie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
I didn't know anything about the rules.
Well i'm also a writer , bt have never written any mature stuff...ever !!
But now i came to know that they are actually against the rules of the foeum.
Thanx a lot for the clarification.
mastermagician thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
A much needed post!
Recently i have come across some FFs that describe such things which are not meant to be written... hope those writers read your post! 
MeenuCrazyPanda thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

thanks for this but i still have a small doubt

can we pm blog links?

arnavini thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
very of grt clarifications... thanks..
Na1na thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Thank you so much for clearing that out.
I'm very new here... And only recently have started an FF.

I was just reading stuff here and was quite shocked at reading a lot of violent and sexually abusive things in a few FFs.

I hope action is taken.

Thanks again.
Somya