Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
I understand the feelings of many readers that feel that they haven't been treated fairly by the writers but as I stated earlier, writers can't be forced to share their story with you if they don't want to. It's their work and they have every right to decide who they'd like to give access to it and where. So unfortunately, readers will have to deal with such issues and move on to another story as there are hundreds at this forum. =)
Koeli thumbnail
Originally posted by: jjsof

and writers should understand that this is a PUBLIC FORUM, means everything in this forum should be accessible by all the members of it... and if they are uncomfortable with the public, i don't think this is the right place for them to expose their creations... 
one thing that depressed me a lot is... i felt that the readers are losing their self respect... 

i wish there should be a proper relationship between the reader and the writer... a healthy one... 
a reader should have a mentality of appreciate or criticize, what they read something and writers should not take it personally ...

i totally understand where you are coming from. and i respect each and everything that you wrote. yes it is a public forum and every person has the write to read anything. but in this public forum there are some restrictions as well. some where there and some are newly implemented. as a writer we are trying to obey and respect the new rules. it is not about being comfortable and uncomfortable, it is more about why the writer is restricting their work. some restrict due to people copying their work and the others due to matured content in the FF and trust me both are right on their own.

coming to the bold part i totally agree with you. the writers should have a healthy relationship with her readers so that it makes the situation easy for both. the choice of reading a particular fanfic is entirely yours and prasing and appreciating it is a different it. as far as the criticism is concern even the readers needs to understand the writer and the characters. there are many instance whether readers bluntly comments on a character and what the writer to change. well for me this is something absurd coz a writer goes through a lot of thought process and then make a character and commenting on the character in the very beginning is not justified unless you get to know the character fully. i guess at some point of time the reader needs to give benefit of the doubt to the writer and his/her characters. now if the writer changes a particular character then the story doesnot remain the same and writers will invariably go off the track. 

FF in this forum is no different than books. if we like it we buy it if we dont like it we dont buy it. yes here writers can still change the script according to the demand but for books they cant coz they are sold the entire product at once.

for me honestly i never faced a problem with my readers. they are very understand and sweethearts. i have shifted one of my story's mature content in a new blog which is restricted. but most of them are ok with it as i am going to give preference to those people who are my old and regular readers and whom i trust fully. not that i dont trust others but due to some personal reasons i have to restrict it. and trust me i got a very positive response in that and my readers understood and respected my POV.

As far as i am concerned i am going to post the matured content in the blog and the rest of the story will be in I-F. what matters is the concept and the narration not the matured content. yes it definately adds into the story which i dont want to compromise on but not reading it doesnot take away the charm of the story. i am thankful to all my readers that they have immense trust on me and agreed to continue reading it instead of creating any fuss or being demanding to get added in the blog...

so it works both ways. one thing a writer should keep in mind is that they are nothing without their readers...so one should respect them

and for readers respecting writer will only bring out the best in the writer. the more they get motivated the better stories they will be able to produce.

Edited by Appy_Indy - 11 years ago
lazyleaves thumbnail
A private blog is a personal belonging. Do we share our personal belonging in the public? No. And even if we do, we make sure no one can use it without our permission.

The same goes for blogs. Why will an author give her personal belonging to someone he/she is not aware of? An author would love to know their readers, but there is a condition here. How will the author interact with readers if they are not even aware of their existence?

If you don't like to comment on the thread as you are too scared to put your thoughts in to words on a public forum, it is quite understandable (I was a silent reader for 6 months!)

But isn't the PM option always available to let the author know that there is someone somewhere in the world silently reading your stories? Give us a review. If the readers stop giving us reviews how will we, as authors be motivated?

Why is the silence broken only after the author goes blogging? Why suddenly they PM after the author goes blogging?

This really breaks the author's heart when they get PMs/comments like - 'Hey plzzz give me your blog link' without saying even once, without using even a single adjective about the story.

Place yourself in the author's shoe and think how bad he/she feels when they get such PMs or comments and if they don't get the blog access they have essays to write on how horrible the writer is but still not utter a single word about their works.

It is just 🥺

I am sure if IF had stricter plagiarism and no copy rules, no author would leave IF because there is nothing as enjoyable as IF
Take_That thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: lazyleaves

A private blog is a personal belonging. Do we share our personal belonging in the public? No. And even if we do, we make sure no one can use it without our permission.

The same goes for blogs. Why will an author give her personal belonging to someone he/she is not aware of? An author would love to know their readers, but there is a condition here. How will the author interact with readers if they are not even aware of their existence?

If you don't like to comment on the thread as you are too scared to put your thoughts in to words on a public forum, it is quite understandable (I was a silent reader for 6 months!)

But isn't the PM option always available to let the author know that there is someone somewhere in the world silently reading your stories? Give us a review. If the readers stop giving us reviews how will we, as authors be motivated?

Why is the silence broken only after the author goes blogging? Why suddenly they PM after the author goes blogging?

This really breaks the author's heart when they get PMs/comments like - 'Hey plzzz give me your blog link' without saying even once, without using even a single adjective about the story.

Place yourself in the author's shoe and think how bad he/she feels when they get such PMs or comments and if they don't get the blog access they have essays to write on how horrible the writer is but still not utter a single word about their works.

It is just 🥺

I am sure if IF had stricter plagiarism and no copy rules, no author would leave IF because there is nothing as enjoyable as IF

I agree!

I never commented on your works. Read them all without dropping one word as a comment, never told if I like your stories or not. It's simply wrong to ask for d blog link then. So I didn't.

Not that I am a silent reader. I simply didn't comment. So if I, as a reader, choose to be silent, as a writer one has all the rights to decide with whom to share their intellectual creations.

When the writers put in all the hard- work to write, one comment acknowledging the same from the reader will not do any harm. But, yet again, it's for one to decide what is to be done. If readers decide to not comment, they should be silent all the while and should not ask for the blog link as well.

SunshineGirl6 thumbnail
Nice one..much needed I guess !!
nazca thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Request to Angel dot. As now the discussion is taking the another healthy direction. Can you please consider changing the topic of the thread. I feel little disturbed with the mention of that ugliest truth word and helplessness of the poor victims souls.
Infinity. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you So much...Noted

shewolf thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
ok I think the discussion is heading somewhere else. Well as a reader I don't have a problem with writers posting their work on a blog, I understand you guys fear your story will be lifted and I understand cause I have had my signatures and avis edited and posted on other sites, its annoying and so I got my shop closed b/c of that. In the same way you guys have the right to decide with whom to share your work but all we people are asking is to mention it at the start so that if we know we won't get to read further we'll skip it, that's all. 
and hey you guys would know how it is that when your already into the story and your literally biting your nails to know further and BAM! its restricted. Its irritating. Just mention it at the start and we'll be good :)
debby_11 thumbnail
As a reader I really do not have any problem with writers posting their work on their blog and even if they want to share their blog only with few people whom they trust. As the issue of plagiarism is really serious. Trust me even No copy posts can be copied...(I wont tell how) So If they take this step its purely because of few people who share their work without taking permission and take the whole credit of their work. So i support blogging...

P.S I said this only because i love my writers as they share their hard work trusting us but still few people misuse it . So blogging is a much safer option. 

Edited by debby_11 - 11 years ago
shali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I'm in a fix about the hole blogging concept...
I agree if writers choose to post in a blog if the content is mature...but I will disagree if writers put up a part of a story and say: cause it's only for those who comment...and hide behind the hole "plagerisme concept"...
if you post in a blog then make it availble for all...

if I buy a book the writer doesn't knows my opinion about it...so why force readers to comment...if you wanne write do it cause it a joy for you...and expect ppl to enjoy your fantasy...don't write cause it a obligation...

I have a big problem to write a compliment or a good feedback...so i hit the like button...it is a easy way to express myself...like me there are more...and that doesn't mean that we don't appreciated the writers effort...the writer should also understand that reading can be a moment for relaxation...
A ending of a bussy day...

As a former updater I know And understand what a writer feels but again do it only for your happiness...

Shali / shanta71

Edited by shali - 11 years ago