Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Epic Mahabharat on the floors!

Sunday, December 30, 2012 | 10:58:16 PM IST (+05:30 GMT) 19 Comments
Epic Mahabharat on the floors!

With the popular mythological series like Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev, Ramayan, Durga, etc. already doing well on-screens, another epic mythological series Mahabharat is all set to make its come back...

Siddharth Kumar Tewary, who is known for producing shows like Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hin Kijo, Phulwa and Navya is now coming back with the epic show Mahabharat. There had been a lot of speculations about the making and scrapping of the show. Now, the wait is over and our sources have informed us that the shoot has finally begun.

The war sequence is being shot in the outskirts of Jaisalmer. Buzz is going around that the show will be aired daily and not weekly but is yet to be finalized. Earlier, the show was being expected to take the time slot of Satyamev Jayate but it couldn't make it. The making of the show has not been easy for the makers, as it involves three years of re-search and pre-production.

The star cast of this show is going to have a mix of many newcomers and few known faces. All India auditions have been done but the final casting is still on as it will be having lots of characters. According to our reliable sources, Shaheer Sheikh has been approached to play Arjun and Deblina Chatterjee to play Draupadi. Anita Raj has been approached to play the character of Satyavati but due to some reasons it didn't got finalized.

The show is expected to go on-air after about 3-4 months.

Reporter and Author: Anwesha Kamal

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 10 years ago
Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail
Tfs Janu! 
πŸ₯± What is the need for another Mahabharat? 
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: Vedo

Tfs Janu! 
πŸ₯± What is the need for another Mahabharat? 

There's more of a need than there is for a Ramayan, don't you think?SleepyπŸ˜†
Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail
Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

There's more of a need than there is for a Ramayan, don't you think?πŸ₯±πŸ˜†

I agree...but I just wish they would explore some new territories other than just re-doing what has been done already and esp. when it's been done as great as BRC's MB.

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: Vedo

I agree...but I just wish they would explore some new territories other than just re-doing what has been done already and esp. when it's been done as great as BRC's MB.

Yeah, that's true, but I think the new generation needs a good Krishna serial. I mean, the old generation has gotten a lot of good shows in the form of RS Ramayan and BRC's Mahabharat. The new generation has AS Ramayan which was a wonderful remake, but none of the Krishna serials made did complete justice to Krishna. JSK was incomplete, and Dwarkadheesh showed 80% fiction and 20% fact, so I don't even count it in the list.πŸ˜†

I am only hopeful because this show is not going to be made by the Sagars. To be honest, I have lost faith in the Sagars for making Krishna-based shows, because they really don't know Lord Krishna at all (as evidenced by what they have attempted already). This Mahabharat will be attempted by someone different, like Nikhil Sinha with Dkdm, so hopefully this version of the Mahabharat will at least be 75-80% accurate.

I do agree that some new territories should be explored, but the new generation doesn't have a good Krishna-based/Mahabharat show so I'm hopeful for this version.😊
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
this MB was jinxed for the past 3 years🀣
Gagan Malik who plays Ram now was supposed to play Krishna
now its finally being made!-now no idea who will play Krishna
the last Mahabharat was when i was a baby-so another version would be nice
since it isnt being made by the Sagars hopefully it will be diffrent-and nice
i love the Mahabharat-its an epic story-i hope it is done well
i was eagerly waiting for this oneπŸ˜ƒ

The.Lannister thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
tfs!

i will really like to see some fresh, unseen faces in MBH. hope this one turns out to be better than the ekta version of things! really anxious to know whom they finalize for playing Krishna, Duryodhan & the pandavas

On which channel will it be telecast??
Edited by iolahardy - 11 years ago
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I am only hopeful because this show is not going to be made by the Sagars. To be honest, I have lost faith in the Sagars for making Krishna-based shows, because they really don't know Lord Krishna at all (as evidenced by what they have attempted already). This Mahabharat will be attempted by someone different, like Nikhil Sinha with Dkdm, so hopefully this version of the Mahabharat will at least be 75-80% accurate.

I do agree that some new territories should be explored, but the new generation doesn't have a good Krishna-based/Mahabharat show so I'm hopeful for this version.😊

I am sort of surprised at this...haven't the Sagars made the original Shri Krishna? what makes you say this?

Actually Shri Krishna was originally not shown on TV and when they showed I was not in a position to watch it, thanks to board exams and stuff. I have seen bits and pieces of it, but never got a chance to sit and enjoy each and every episode like BRC Mahabharat or RS Ramayan. I was never motivated to buy the DVDs too.

Can you tell me why you feel they don't know Krishna?
Edited by visrom - 11 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: visrom

I am sort of surprised at this...haven't the Sagars made the original Shri Krishna? what makes you say this?

Actually Shri Krishna was originally not shown on TV and when they showed I was not in a position to watch it, thanks to board exams and stuff. I have seen bits and pieces of it, but never got a chance to sit and enjoy each and every episode like BRC Mahabharat or RS Ramayan. I was never motivated to buy the DVDs too.

Can you tell me why you feel they don't know Krishna?

I am talking about the new generation Sagars who made Jai Shri Krishna and Dwarkadheesh.😊 Both shows were faulty in some way and had a lot of fiction too. I have watched Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna and love it as much as I love his Ramayan, but his sons have not done justice to the God Shri Krishna so that's why I believe the Sagars (new generation) don't know Lord Krishna's story as well as their father.😊
jklp thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I am talking about the new generation Sagars who made Jai Shri Krishna and Dwarkadheesh.😊 Both shows were faulty in some way and had a lot of fiction too. I have watched Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna and love it as much as I love his Ramayan, but his sons have not done justice to the God Shri Krishna so that's why I believe the Sagars (new generation) don't know Lord Krishna's story as well as their father.😊

I also fully agree with Janaki dear. New generations of Sagars have not been able to sustain the glory of making series on Prabhu Shri Krishna. RSK is absolutely perfect. Watching RSK is like reading Shrimad Bhagavatam itself . Wonderful presentation with a very efficient cast. Its very difficult for me to describe the beauty of RSK in words. Neither JSK nor DBSK can match RSK. I agree JSK & DBSK have their own charm. I liked Dhriti Jha as Little Shri Krishna. DBSK is also good, but lots of fiction in it which Janaki has already said. Hare Krishna Hare Rama.