Users

Frequent Posters

McNinja thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
The Pope can be reach via twitter @pontifex

He may have some answers ðŸ˜†

Nah I'm just res'ing. 

Unres

I missed the first thread but I assume both the religious and scientific angle have been discussed to death. But both angles have way too many loopholes. In the end all is based on blind faith. You believe that God did all this somehow or you believe that science and atoms made this happen.

I don't question the how but rather does it really matter if a God exists or not? Most religions in my opinion, are a way to live more than anything. A way to lead a good life so you're among the winners in Gods eyes...basically be a good person right? Why do people need to believe in a God in order to lead such a life? 
Edited by McNinja - 11 years ago
monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I am from the planet where I am Laxmi Mittal + Bill Gates.. effin' my direction sense ditched me..
Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Baazigar.

Already many god followers are in conflict with each other, so why are you making life difficult for all gods of nearly 4000 religious groups having gods in crores number. So why we should give credit to anyone that where we came from,  Watch the simple how to grow a planet :)

Tune in to How To Grow A Planet every night 8PM only on Discovery Channel.

http://www.discoverychannel.co.in/tv-shows/how-to-grow-a-planet

I tried to google total number of gods in this world, and found a long list from

http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/names/gods.htm

http://www.godfinder.org/

Instead of curious to know where we came from i am curious where they live , are they live in harmony or fight like us in earth , are they all busy like giving verdict high court , supreme court like structure after death of a human having different department for different religious sect. 

I think most of us nearly agreed that religious Gods might not be the answer, that most probably they are made up. Whether it was just imagination or because they witnessed something they couldn't explain is another matter. But yeah, we are not discussing about the religious Gods, just how it all came to be.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: McNinja

The Pope can be reach via twitter @pontifex

He may have some answers ðŸ˜†

Nah I'm just res'ing. 

"I have faith in God!" & sit inside 4 inches of bulletproof glass...If the Pope is afraid to die, what chance does anyone else have!    😕😃
Vintage.Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Freethinker112

Yes, exactly my point. The hand dies, is separated from your body, but you do still have consciousness don't you? That means hand didn't contain it? Or did you just lose some percentage of consciousness, which sounds absurd? Until the brain is kept alive, dying of body parts don't affect consciousness.
I actually think it is the brain. Plants are alive, but are they conscious? Is a bacteria conscious? Not intelligence, but can a bacteria think? Is it aware of itself?

They are a living being, dying basically means the cell dies, it stops the process it does. But the thing is each individual cell does those process. And destroying parts, like cutting off branches etc. doesn't kill the plant. But the part you take out dies because it doesn't receive things required to carry out the process. So when that part dies, what some part of life dies? Some part of total percent of life is separated when we cut off a branch? Doesn't seem satisfactory. And each cell dies independently, so does each of them have a part of life? Note that life and consciousness seem two things to me.

That's where it gets interesting, cell is also made of molecules and eventually atoms. So, how come cell atoms are "alive" and a rock isn't? How come we stop the process, it just decays? How do we measure the property of individual atom? Do we say the cell is alive or each and every atom inside is?

You keep the money and fame, I am more interested in the answers. ðŸ˜‰ ðŸ˜†

Bang !!. I'm back ..😛

@ Bold 1:  Um ...No Free ..😆 ..I don't think losing some percentage of consciouslness should sound  absurd ...and you know why ?  Think of the WIND << The Energy, Think of the water ..We can't divert and channelise a some part of that ..And that still doesn't disrupt the Main flow ...If its the Energy, in a state without any material attribute ..It can very well scram outta that perticular part (like it happens in the cells that die) ...Which has been cut off ...and has become useless ..As propogation of stimuli from that part to the brain can't happen anymore, thus rendernig that non viable ..

Also ..imagine a situation where the part isn't the hand ...But the heart ..Much needed to purify and circulate the blood throughout the body ..Can a person live if that's gone? Just because his brain isn't damaged ?  We woulda known this if we were the part of some Mayan Tribe that plucked the hearts outta their captives ..😆

And we know what happens to the comotose people ..Where the cerebral cortex is damaged severely and / or the structure responsible for productin of the neurons becomes defunct ...Now all the body movements cease ..But the person is still alive ..People are known to have fully  recovered from such state after years ...People can be kept alive on life support system too .And they recuperate even then ..

So my guess is ...Brain is a system that decodes the signals from the stimuli ..and generates newer ones to instruct the body parts to obey and move in a perticular manner ..We also can't forget that the brain cells that generate such signals are  alive and conscious..They develope in a systematic fashion.. There is this occult energy which to me sounds like the consciousness at least till now that leaves the body ( Not as a Ghostly image ..😆 ) and the life ceases right there and then ...

@ Bold 2:  Plants are conscious but in a limited way.. I mean they have no intelligence...A few react to the touch .. I gave one such example of that in my last post . Sunflower's immature flower buds react to the SUN's movements..Scrunge their leaves, puck em outta soil and plant em somewhere else..and the plant's growth stalls..Which means they recognise and become used to their original soil .. . .As for the bacteria, their movements are limited but carried out in a definite manner ..Even the tiny viruses have a RNA building block ..and a program is encoded in that ..Which directs their movements ..And its really very complex ...

But then you raise a question of self awareness..Is it really needed for something to be alive ? Can't the minimal awareness of the surrounding conditions suffice? In humans Consciousness, Awareness , Intellilgence work together in a fascinating way ..which makes them much more aware than such tiny organism and plants ...But we can't say that the organism and plants are not alive ..This  infact becomes a proof that the life, consciousness is independant of the brain ..

@ Bold 3:  But what is consciousness all about ? If it Is it the same as awareness, self or that of the surroundings ..then we have no reason to say that the plants are not conscious .for the reasons I stated in my @ Bold 2 comment ..So are the viruses ..Once inside a human body, they choose the correct cell outta many differnt cells ..and attach themselves to that ..Is this not consciousness?Of the surrounding?  though minimal ..But they still exhibit that ...And I believe consciousness if its an energy can be lost in parts ...or even gradually ...There is a different leveel of cosciousness in differnt species ...Cells die despite of the presence of the brain ..Which means they lose their coscioousness , or abillities to generate stimuli signals <<And here I'm believing that the Consciousness could be the energy behind the life ...

@ Bold 4: Exactly my point ...Rock atoms are not alive ..cause they aren't grouped together in a way to support the life and become viable for that .Now who chooses which atoms deserve consciuosness ? The brain ? Which ai't  even formed in the case of a fetus? or even at the stage before that ? So someone chooses such nacscent body ...Though not intelligent it definitely has some kind of a recognition system which is beyonnd al mundane understanding ..Consciousness chooses to be present not by some sorta thought ..but in accordance with a definite, impeccable mechanism ..which  is uncanny to the humans ..

@ Bold 5 : ...Awww ..Really ?🤗... So is it okay for me to promise my lenders that I ll pay back the huge loans I raised from them for my business to supply Air Coolers to the Eskimos? 😃 ..Haha Stupid Eskimos didn't buy any ..And I ran outta business ..And the coolers lie cactus in the deep, frozen arctics ...😆 ...Haha .Wait ..Let me borrow some more money to buy that Ruger revolver I once failed to steal ? 😆  ..Um ..Why don't you lend me some Free ? Hahaha.. I promise to pay the money back to you before the apocalypse ... 😛

Vintu .. 😛

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Freethinker112

Not just human beings, how matter became alive? How come a bunch of molecules turned aware.

it's not just a bunch of molecules, it's a bunch of molecules in certain configurations connected in specific ways that come to life. This "interconnectedness" aspect is what most people miss. i know this is just kicking the can down the road, but i thought it important to point out. 

McNinja thumbnail

Originally posted by: Prometeus

"I have faith in God!" & sit inside 4 inches of bulletproof glass...If the Pope is afraid to die, what chance does anyone else have!    😕😃

Lol, exactly. Shouldn't the Pope WANT to die and go back to his God. I mean one would think so. 
McNinja thumbnail
Updated on page 6. Finally. ðŸ˜†
Vintage.Wine thumbnail

Originally posted by: McNinja

Updated on page 6. Finally. ðŸ˜†

Um ...I would choose to turn up my nose at the page # 6 update ...Cause to the best of my knowledge The God that the Pope talks about has never promulgated that One must Die and get back to him .... I haven't heard the Pope asking the ones who followed the Dogma to die . ..😊  ...And when the death is  inevitable then whats the hurry I say? ..😆

So I guess The Pope too has a right to Fear to Die ..Just as every other human ...So It looks okay to me if he wants to live...and percieve the page # 6 update as some sageual attempt at the humour and didly but that ..😆

Vintu ...😛
Edited by Vintage.Wine - 11 years ago
Vintage.Wine thumbnail

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

it's not just a bunch of molecules, it's a bunch of molecules in certain configurations connected in specific ways that come to life. This "interconnectedness" aspect is what most people miss. i know this is just kicking the can down the road, but i thought it important to point out. 

Holy dooley !! ... Welcome back and to the Square One again ...😆 ...@ Bold : Yeah this is exactly what I have been screaming for yonks ..See my earlier post ( @ Bold # 4 ) as a referrence to that...

Also it looks pretty suprficial to me to limit the definition of conciousness to the one that's medically approved when it comes to knowing God..The arrangement of the molecules matter the most which I guess the conscious energy chooses as the one  ...Unlike me a who chooses anything  that  
makes my life a trippy one ..😆

Vintu ...😛