Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Am okay with him being bias towards bebo.. that just shows that she's such a good actress that this guy is in love with her as an actress.  But  If he's so bias he would if included kat in this list since he likes her too. 

I think even Rajeev Masand is bias towards bebo and always liked her as an actress.. and that says a lot because Rajeev is a tough critic.. and if he likes you as an actress that just means your dam good. But Rajeev will criticize bebo if he doesn't like her in her films..I Remember he didn't like her in WAF and G3. I always feel excited when he praises her because I know he praises her because she was good not because he is bias towards her. I don't follow Raja Sen reviews so can't say if he is bias or not. 

I think bebo from EMAET should be up there instead of Heroine.. I thought she was so natural in that film or just bebo in Talaash and take out heroine to replace it with PC from Barfi. 
Edited by beboholic - 11 years ago
.Spammer. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wow ðŸ˜³

No PC ? ðŸ˜³
Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Sridevi should be #1 on every list for English Vinglish.

This list is very good - but shoulda icluded Priyanka Chopra, she was very good in Agneepath + Teri Meri Kahaani. And she was outstanding in Barfi!
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: abby_girl30

I don't think it was fair to include Kareena twice...her heroine spot could have been given to PC for Barfi...he seems a little biased towards Bebo 😆

Kareena was OTT in Heroine but for a few scenes...crying, shouting and getting hyper does not automatically mean good acting...she was amazing in Talaash...calm and powerful...
Lol...so Raja Sen is not BIASED because this is his list...his opinion...but if another critic puts Kat in the list...that critic will lose his credibility...that won't be his opinion and his list then??😆😆
Isn't it Best Actress list? Not best role list.So Kareena should be mentioned once with all her works this year listed together not separately. 

And PC should have been included in the list For Barfi. I mean she was much better than Ileana.

Its ok to be biased but as a critics when compiling a list of best works this year,its blatant injustice to leave out one of best performance we have seen this year. Atleast acknowledge the hard work an actor put in and tried to do a different role. 
Edited by DejaVu. - 11 years ago
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I have to disagree with that PC was better than IIena.. I thought they were both equally good.. just because PC tried a challenging role doesn't make her better than IIena. I think IIena deserves to be up there.. take out Parineeta, Diana, and bebo should have on spot and PC should be included. But than this is Raja Sen's list.. not ours so we can't tell him his list is wrong it's his opinion.. it's not like even on this forum we agree on who was the top performers.. so why should Raja Sen have a list that satisfies everyone. Tomm a list will come out that leaves Kareena or Rani out... does thar mean that list is wrong? No. It's his or hers opinion of who they liked as performers. Edited by beboholic - 11 years ago
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: blue-ice

</div>
Kareena was OTT in Heroine but for a few scenes...crying, shouting and getting hyper does not automatically mean good acting...she was amazing in Talaash...calm and powerful...

<div>
Lol...so Raja Sen is not BIASED because this is his list...his opinion...but if another critic puts Kat in the list...that critic will lose his credibility...that won't be his opinion and his list then??😆😆

You don't get it.
I'm not defending Raja Sen's list. I'm arguing the use of the word.
So lets get this straight.

You can accuse this list of NOT being credible - Fair
But the word biased does not make sense unless its for some reason other than acting.

If Katrina was on the list I would say its not credible, and that he's stupid. His opinion is retarded BUT unless he was screwing Katrina Kaif and only included her for those reasons, I would NOT call it bias.

Enycedoll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pathaka

disagree there.

Both had gr8 roles and performances but i wouldnt say sridevi's performance was hyped more coz shes a yesteryear actress. I feel sri had the edge because it was a far more nuanced performance...there were lots of little subtle gestures, expressions, the way she changed her body language to convey under confidence and confidence etc which add so much to the character and the performance... IMO none of the other actresses could have pulled that off. 

Tru no one else couldve pulled that off, but perhaps im put off with the many cliches in the movie. And there were plenty. 3 week english crash course really had me pondering as well. But i can see why it would appeal to alot of women. Its one of those roles that no matter who did it, im not saying someone else couldve done it better, just that this movie was going to connect with the audience in one way or another given the content. 
perfectlystill thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: desigal90

BUT unless he was screwing Katrina Kaif and only included her for those reasons, I would NOT call it bias.

What? How does that make sense?😕 Here is the dictionary definition of 'bias':
a particular tendency or inclination, especially one that prevents unprejudiced consideration of a question; prejudice.
So being biased is the act of siding with some particular person/thing, the reason behind the said bias doesn't matter. If I feel that Raja Sen is unfairly partial towards a certain actress, it is absolutely right for me to call him 'biased'.

Edited by perfectlystill - 11 years ago

Originally posted by: beboholic

I have to disagree with that PC was better than IIena.. I thought they were both equally good.. just because PC tried a challenging role doesn't make her better than IIena. I think IIena deserves to be up there.. take out Parineeta, Diana, and bebo should have on spot and PC should be included. But than this is Raja Sen's list.. not ours so we can't tell him his list is wrong it's his opinion.. it's not like even on this forum we agree on who was the top performers.. so why should Raja Sen have a list that satisfies everyone. Tomm a list will come out that leaves Kareena or Rani out... does thar mean that list is wrong? No. It's his or hers opinion of who they liked as performers. 

You can disagree but It was my opinion that PC outshines Ileana. I loved Ileana too but PC's acting was much more challenging.

Yes its Raja Sen's list but we can most definitely voice our opinion if we feel he is biased by not including one of the fine performance of this year. Or else what are we doing in this forum? Next you will say its salman's movie, Kareena's song, SRK's acting, Who are we to question anything about them in this forum? Like wise Raja Sen is a critic and he made a list which we can criticize in this forum. We just opine about everything in this forum.