SwaRon OS : It's A Christmas Miracle!

Anonymous-- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
My 10th OS! Woohoo!!😃

This OS is a little larger than life and thoda filmy. And it's not romantic either😕But I hope you'll enjoy reading it.😊

And I know the date and stuff makes it look like a murder mystery😆

Tanya, I hope you aren't disappointed.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

It's A Christmas Miracle!

24 December 2012, 11:48 pm

Swayam watched his wife's back as she slept, snoring softly. It had been days since she had fallen asleep so early. Usually she would stay up till late, crying softly. She thought Swayam was asleep but he couldn't sleep, knowing how upset she was. It had been more than 9 months now, but that memory still haunted her every minute of the day. Initially, just after the incident, he would try to calm her down but he knew it was of no use. Some things just couldn't be even forgotten.

However today he had requested her to help him decorate the Christmas tree. They had even made a Christmas pie while listening to 'Jingle Bell Rock'. By the time everything was done, they were both extremely tired. Sharon had practically fallen on the bed.

Swayam reached out and ran his hands over her head. She was so beautiful, so angel like. She meant the world to him. He couldn't bear to see her sad like this. She had practically become a lifeless soul. From being the most popular girl in college, she had now become someone who hated interacting with people.

She would go to work and come back. That was her daily schedule. And most of the times, she would cry till 2 in the morning. They hardly spent any time with each other these days. It was as if she blamed herself for everything. But that was not the case. It hadn't been her fault at all.

The images of that day would keep flashing through Swayam's mind too. After all, he had a big say in the ultimate decision. In fact, he had made the ultimate decision.

God knows what had gone wrong. Sharon had been completely fine. She had completed her eighth month of pregnancy and the tests were indicating that everything was perfectly normal. Her diet was fine and so was her routine. There was absolutely no way anything could have gone wrong.

But then, destiny came into the frame.

Sharon was in the hospital with Swayam by her side. He couldn't bear to see what was happening but he had promised her that he would be there at their child's birth.

He stood in a corner, trying to block out the screams coming out of Sharon's mouth.

But suddenly, everything went haywire. The two nurses rushed from one side of the room to the other.

He didn't remember much but what he did remember was when the doctor had asked him frantically – "Sharon or the baby?"

And Swayam, he had chosen his wife. Only one of them could survive. And Swayam had decided it was Sharon who would be the one.

But Sharon always felt it was she who killed her own child. How she yearned to be a mother. Those nine months , there had been a radical change in Sharon. She had become more caring and sensitive. She had finally been ready to become a mother. And then this.

And what hurt her the most was when she saw mothers with the little children. Why couldn't she have been a normal mother. Why did it have to happen to her? After nine months of carrying a child, her child, in her womb.

Swayam had been overly protective about her in the beginning, when everyone found out that Sharon's baby had not survived. The gossips , the rumours, he was always there with her. But that was all he could do, be with her.

25 December 2012, 9:08 am

Sharon was woken up by the touch of Swayam's soft lips on her cheeks.

"Merry Christmas." He said as he removed the hair which was covering part of her face.She half-heartedly pushed him away and turned to the other side of the bed to go back to sleep.

But Swayam was adamant. They had promised Mrs Fernandes that they would come for her Christmas brunch.

He bent over her and kissed her once again. He picked up the Christmas gift he had bought from her and waved it teasingly in front of her face. Unable to resist, Sharon got up excitedly.

She snatched the box from his hand and tore the wrapping apart. It was a beautiful baby pink dress. Her eyes light up when she saw the dress. But there was a glint of sadness in her eyes. The colour of the dress was the colour of the little crib she had bought for her child.

Suddenly, she realised she had forgotten to buy Swayam a gift. She had been so preoccupied that it had completely slipped off her mind. She mentally cursed herself for her folly. She decided to buy him a gift in the evening.

Swayam noticed this and immediately hugged her to make her forget about it. She hugged him back and kissed his cheek softly.

"Thank you, baby. Merry Christmas." She whispered into his ears. She kissed him slowly on the lips. Swayam closed his eyes and brought Sharon close to him.

It had been days since he had held her so close to him. He felt they were drifting apart but all those thoughts just flew out of the window when he held her close to him and kissed her. He loved her so much.

25 December, 2:36 pm.

Sharon stood outside Our Lady Of Remedy Church. Even though she wasn't a Christian, she lived in a Christian area and visited the Church near her house every year. Now that she had moved out of the locality, after marriage, she hardly came to this area. But Swayam had insisted that they visit the Church today. So after the lovely brunch by Mrs Fernandes, they had come here. Swayam was outside, trying to find a parking spot.

Everything looked so beautiful because of the Christmas decorations. The Church was empty, since they had come at an odd time. Sharon preferred it that way these days.

She looked at the stained glass windows of the Church. The sunlight was entering in through at shaft at the top. There was an almost inaudible sound of people singing carols far away.

Sharon was walking to the front when she heard a soft cry. She thought it was probably a cat or a dog in pain. Animal lover that she was, she turned around and tried to locate where the sound was coming from.

There was another soft cry.

She walked up to the middle row where the sound was coming from. There was a basket placed on the corner seat. It was covered with a beautiful baby pink cloth, quite similar to the colour of the dress Swayam had gifted her.

The cloth didn't cover the basket entirely though. From the open bit peeked out a very small baby's face. She was crying softly.

Sharon gasped. It was an abandoned child. Poor thing, she thought. It was probably hungry. She removed the cloth and noticed a tiny bottle of milk kept in the basket near the baby.

Genius, Sharon thought. Did the person who had abandoned the baby even know that it couldn't drink on its own? Plus it was so young. It would have to be breast fed. It was probably less than 4 months old.

Sharon felt stangely attracted to the baby. It was such a beautiful baby. It was girl, she realised as she saw the child. Sharon had always imagined her child to look somewhat like this.

How could anyone have been so cruel and heartless? How could they have just kept a little baby alone like that and gone? Here there were people like her who craved for a child.

She picked up the baby and rocked her slowly in her arms. A small piece of paper fell onto the seat.

Sharon picked it up and read it.

It read,

Please take care of this child.

Sharon looked at the baby once again. She was so angel like. The baby was trying to touch Sharon's nose. Her hands were so soft.

Sharon decided that they would have to take the baby to the nearby orphanage as soon as Swayam came back. They couldn't keep her here.

But, looking at the child's face, Sharon felt guilty.

Orphanage? What good would an orphanage do? Living a sad life with no parents and just basic necessities. Never knowing what was in store for you in the future. Well, it was better than abandoning the child here. She would probably be taken by the priest and kept at an orphanage.

The baby was now pulling Sharon's hair. Though it hurt her, the pain was not as much as the pain of giving away another life.

She bent down and kissed the baby softly. The baby laughed happily.

Sharon's eyes lit up and she flashed a huge smile! The baby had laughed!

Swayam appeared at the door of the church. He saw Sharon and he was stunned seeing her grin from ear to ear. It had been days since he had seen her so happy. And she didn't even have a glint of sadness in her eyes. In fact, her eyes were shining bright.

Suddenly, he noticed the baby in her arms. He froze. Whose baby was that? Was it an abandoned baby? Was Sharon smiling because of the baby? He thought it was because she was visiting her old neighbourhood.

He saw her cradling the little baby in her arms. She was handling the child with so much care and affection.

He knew what he had to do. For Sharon.

He walked towards her. Her back was to him so she couldn't see him coming. He appeared behind her and looked at the baby.

She was beautiful. Her eyes were shining and her face was bright. And best of all, watching her , there was an aura of happiness around Sharon too.

"Sharon" He whispered.

Sharon turned around surprised.

Sharon looked up at him, her eyes searching for an answer. She knew he already knew everything. They didn't need words to communicate what their hearts wanted to say to each other.

Swayam gulped hard. This was a huge thing. But then he looked down at the baby. Her eyes craved for love and affection. How would she ever get that in an orphanage, packed together with 100 odd children? Or could they adopt her, so that she would lead a good life, get a good education and maybe bring about a change in the wold later?

He looked at Sharon. Her eyes were on the baby.

He took a deep breath.

"So, Sharon, what do you want to name her?" He said.

Sharon looked up at him joyfully. He had never seen her so happy. It was as if he had just told her she had won a million dollars. Wait, why was he comparing the child to money?

Sharon didn't know what to say. She was stunned.

"I think we should name her Kirti.U know, brightness…Since she brought so much of brightness into our life?" Swayam said.

Sharon nodded and kissed Swayam on the lips.

"Kirti." She whispered looking at the child in her arms.She bent over and kissed her. So did Swayam.

Suddenly, the church bells started ringing. People would start coming in anytime now.

"Oh my God!" Sharon shouted loudly. "I forgot to buy your Christmas gift!"

"But you already gave it to me, love."

Sharon was confused. "When?" She asked.

"Just now." He said , looking at her happy face. "You gave me my happy Sharon once again. You gave me our family once again. What more could a man ask for Christmas?"

Sharon's eyes were filled with tears. So were Swayam's. Only Kirti was laughing joyfully.

"Merry Christmas Swayam." Sharon said as she handed over Kirti to Swayam.

Swayam picked her up with care. It looked a little awkward. Poor guy, he was new to all this stuff.

"Merry Christmas Sharon. And..Merry Christmas Kirti." He said as he nuzzled Kirti's nose.

They were finally a perfect family.

So this is it folks! I hope you guys enjoyed it! Please leave your likes and comments if you'll did!😊

Have  a great new year everyone!

Other works:

SwaRon OS : The First Date

SwaRon OS : This Is Love!

SwaRon OS : Sasural Genda Phool

SwaRon OS : Promises

SwaRon OS : Dance Woes

SwaRon OS : Love Rekindled

Shantanu : Diwali OS!

SwaRon OS : Separations

SwaRon OS : Shots

SwaRon SS : Chalk and Cheese(with Mihika aka tanha29)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anonymous-- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Turin di😊, I love u.Ur comment is super sweet

First , Neeti . . . My little doll . 🤗. . dont know how to show my gratitude towards her for reserving the place for my creepy  comment  FIRST in her Lustrously Authored  write up . . . . Neets, u never failed to wow me with ur EVERY little feature . . . 🤗 

Well, this OS . . . deep breath first . . . is something  so  Profound yet so soothing . . I'm going with the concept initially . . .. .Presentation of the  dusky aura that was hovering around the lives of SwaRon with the eternal tenderness between these two along side the emotion ruckus grieving them respectively  from within . . . . and then the miraculous fairytale like culmination of their story with happily ever after touch . . .  SIGH . . . Neeti- Do u have any contemplation how Versatile & Tremendous  u are turning out with the flow of days . . . . Impressive , all I can say . . .👏

And the characterization . . . The dismal sketches of Sharon was so Authentically Penned , any one can take a ride into her affliction and the rustic frivolity she oozed right after the arrival of Kirti . . . was extremely relatable . . . I must say - The Majestic writer  has ripen her hands in prolific characterization . . .⭐️

But, Neeti , u are well aware how much I'm in fascination with the character Swayam ( and u know the reason 😉 ) . . . as usual . . . the picturization of my all-time-favourite Swayam was so Aesthetically & Preciously Etched  out that I was having goosebumps while reading through his parts . . . 😳 

"Thank you, baby. Merry Christmas." She whispered into his ears. She kissed him slowly on the lips. Swayam closed his eyes and brought Sharon close to him.

It had been days since he had held her so close to him. He felt they were drifting apart but all those thoughts just flew out of the window when he held her close to him and kissed her. He loved her so much.  I'm in Awe with these lines . . . .😳 Neeti , U grabbed my respect here . . . .👍🏼 

And now the writing approach . . U know I'm bit monotonous in saying - U brilliantly possess the Neat & Natural  sketching style , the summit of compliment I can give to anyone. . But still, I'm redefining my adjective again- Neeti - U are growing up with utmost speed into some Dexterous Writer . . . . Hats off . . .👏  

In sum up- one Precious Piece of work of art . . .a perfect bless for the Christmas & New Year Eve . . .thanks Neeti ( My little Doll ❤️ ) for such gift . . . Keep on ROCKING . . . .😳

Edited by Neeti96 - 11 years ago
Phantasm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
RES
UNRES

Firstly the mention of date and timing  reminded me of Sherlock Holmes stories😆 just like you mentioned. Coming to the OS  I won't say it had a gloomy edge to it, cause the moment I finished reading there was a satisfying smile on face, it was sweet yet subtle! And I didn't find it to be filmy either. I love it when I get to read how Sharon and Swayam both complement each other, it  gives us a feeling or rather a confirmation, that not matter what their love for each other would always help them to make their way out of whatever life thrust upon them.
So to end it, I SIMPLY loved reading this piece, keep coming

PS: Sorry for late reply, I'm just caught up with something which is unavoidable
Edited by Rutu - 11 years ago
Joshua_TANHA thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

I loved the OS...

Its kind of OS, when you read brings smile on your face!!!

I loved swayam in this (as always 😆) .. The kind of support he gives to Sharon is wonderful

Sharon  from being a Arrogant to Diva to a wonderful wife to a sensitive mother was described beautifully...

it is indeed a chritsmas miracle ...enjoyed reading it
Edited by Joshua_TANHA - 11 years ago
sweetcherry95 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
awesome os
all in all perfect for christmas
Edited by sweetcherry95 - 11 years ago
_Deepika_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hey Sweetheart🤗

Such a beautiful OS...as you say ...its not romantic...not sad ...not over the top dramatic...it depicted love..unconditional..pure love and affection...love is not always physical..saying sweet nothings...sometimes..its just gesture...u penned down their love so beautifully..well it was as realistic as one could get ...a slice of life...a ray of hope enlightens our lives when its filled with darkness,hopelessness and pain...either by the almighty or by an angel sent by him...i am in awe of this beautiful OS...it was so soothing...and the way you presented the subject ...it was flawless...such a smoothly flowing story...so realistically yet touching way of describing emotions...u are gifted dear...the way you mold ur style of writing according to the mood of your storyline is just sheer brilliant ...that's about the presentation...

Coming to the storyline ...the pain...the loss..the reaction..the emptiness in their lives was so heart wrenching...beautiful depiction of the pain she was going through...ah...sharon's character was as beautiful as ever ...the way you showed the motherly side of sharon...brilliant is an understatement..

But Sharon always felt it was she who killed her own child. How she yearned to be a mother. Those nine months , there had been a radical change in Sharon. She had become more caring and sensitive. She had finally been ready to become a mother. And then this.

And what hurt her the most was when she saw mothers with the little children. Why couldn't she have been a normal mother. Why did it have to happen to her? After nine months of carrying a child, her child, in her womb.

.Her pain...when she saw a cute baby around her and the emptiness in her life evident to her..even more i loved the way you kept the emotions subtle not over dramatic yet heart touching...

Swayam was his perfect self like always...he was craving for his old sharon..her love..her smile...

It had been days since he had held her so close to him. He felt they were drifting apart but all those thoughts just flew out of the window when he held her close to him and kissed her. He loved her so much.

Awww..this moment was so beautifully described by you...swayam ...the perfect lover..like always...he supported her in alll the painful moments...

Coming to the conclusion...it was so apt for the festive season..a ray of hope ...provided by God...two souls...full of pain ...got their cure..a little angel...at the Almighty's doorstep...beautiful and to an brilliantly well-written story...loved every bit of it...i love your style of writing 😳

PS- sorry for commenting late swthrt..and congrats on completion of your 10th OS...waiting to see more such wonderful work from ur side...Merry Christmas dear..May almighty bless u with all the happiness & success...❤️

Edited by deep_Tanha - 11 years ago
DanCing_DiVa_SK thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Awesome OS dear...
Sharon's pain, love was wonderfully described...
Loved their picture perfect family...
Beautifully penned up update...
Kirti was soo cuteee...Awwiiieee
Swayam and Sharon are such swthrts...
All in one this was simply amazing update...
Keep writing more dear...
Thnkx for the PM...

Simren👏
pooja123456 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
a very cute post!!
thanks for the pm!!
Aashu14 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow nice os.. I liked it..