Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

SAMMIR DATTANI: HAPPY WITH CHOCOLATE HERO

priyapiya thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
SAMMIR DATTANI: HAPPY WITH CHOCOLATE HERO IMAGE

By Kaydee - Eye TV India Bureau

Tete-a-Tete

click for larger view
Sammir Dattani is a 21-year young boy who started his career in Bollywood with Rajshree banner's 'Uff Kya Jadoo Mohabbat Hai'. Unfortunately, the movie didn't click at the box office, but Bollywood found his new chocolate hero in Sammir Dattani. Then, he found place in Madhur Bhandarkar's forthcoming 'Corporate' and finally got a chance to work with director Mani Shankar for his next action packed thriller 'Mukhbiir' starring Om Puri, Jackie Shroff, Suniel Shetty and Raima Sen besides others. Recently, we chatted with chocolate hero-turned-action hero Sammir Dattani and inquired about his future plans.

Excerpts of his recent chat:

What is 'Mukhbiir' all about?

'Mukhbiir' is an intelligent story about the working of the intelligence bureau. It's the story of a boy who is a mukhbir (informer) of the Intelligence Bureau.

What's your character in 'Mukhbiir'?

I am playing the role of an informer who provides news to the Intelligence Bureau about the underworld.

What made you choose this action movie?

I always wanted to do different kinds of movies with different types of characters. I liked the script of 'Mukhbiir'. I heard that Mani Shankar was making an action film for which he sought a 20-year young boy to play that character. I called on him, and he signed me for this.

Isn't it that you want to change your chocolate boy image through this movie?

No, it's not true. I am happy with my present image. I am doing some more love stories and, in fact, in this movie too you will come across a love story too.

Have you done any research for this movie?

Yes, before playing this character I have done research. In this movie, Mani Shankar has a lot of data regarding my character. Moreover, the script has been written in such a way that it helps me a lot me to understand my character.

Aren't you working with Raima Sen after six years? How is the experience of working with her?

click for larger view
Working with Raima is great for me. Both of us never dreamt that that one day someone would cast us together. She is very talented actress; I have learnt from her too. She has grown as a person and as an actress. I am very thankful to Mani Shankar for casting us together.

You are doing Madhur Bhandarkar's 'Corporate', what's your character in that?

In 'Corporate' I am playing the role of Anmol, a young executive, who has just passed his MBA and doing his first job. It's all about his experience in the corporate world.

What are your other projects?

Besides 'Corporate', which is going to release in July, there is 'Mukhbiir' that will be released near Deepawali. There is one more titled 'Marathon', which will release in December.

What do you see before accepting any offer?

click for larger view
First of all, I look at my character, secondly at the story, thirdly at the movie's director and lastly at its banner. Usually, I choose movies for different reasons. I did my first movie with Rajshree because I wanted to launch myself with a big banner. I was very much impressed with Madhur Bhandarkar after seeing 'Page 3', so I did 'Corporate' as a friendly appearance.