YUKTA: MY 'HUM TEENO' WILL RELEASE SOON

priyapiya thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
YUKTA: MY 'HUM TEENO' WILL RELEASE SOON

By S. Kumar - Eye TV India Bureau

In the News

click for larger view
Former Miss World Yukta Mookhey is ready to act on any screen, big or small, provided her character is central and a bit different (hat ke) from others. "I don't mind doing an item number and that too in a Bhojpuri movie. In fact, I have danced at the tune of "Hum Na Jaib Re Sasural' in Deepa Narayan's Bhojpuri movie titled 'Kab Kahab Tu I Love You'. Didn't she act in Bhojpuri movie as she didn't get a Hindi movie? Yukta denies it and says, "I don't want to act in movies where I have to move around a hero. Any movie isn't taboo for me if it provides me a different and central character." Why such a long hiatus from Bollywood? She began with 'Pyasa' but that didn't click.

In her later movies like 'Market' and 'Insaaf - The Justice' too, Yukta didn't register herself as she played insignificant roles. The smashits team met with her recently in Delhi during her tour to endorse Cogent Electro Magnetic Radiation. During the chat with us, she said, "I shall be noticed very soon in Rajiv Chadha's project -- 'Hum Teeno'. This movie centers around two heroes - one Indian and the other American. Besides, I am acting in two realistic movies --- 'Kathputli' and 'Memsaheb'. Both of them are complete and will release soon." Will she mind acting on the small screen? "No, why not?" She added that she doesn't believe in the concept of small or big. Regarding item number, she reiterated that even Aishwarya Rai gave a memorable item dance in 'Bunti Aur Babli'. Any role that gives job satisfaction is good."