Arhi: Self Arranged Marriage Book 1 Thread 1

munam_13 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Nervousness spread all through her body as she sat in her living room, continuously tapping her legs. Her legs felt like jelly as she glanced at the clock. She had to do this. Atleast for her babuji and amma.

She had head heads bowed down when she saw a pair of leather dress shoes . She looked up to face a strikingly handsome young man with a little girl about age of one and a half in his arms. The baby was beautiful and was adorned with a yellow sundress , her diaper peeking through and black floral shoes.

"Khushi Kumari Gupta?" he asked in his husky voice and let out his hand when she confirmed with a nod.

"Arnav Singh Raizada", he introduced and Khushi was slightly taken aback.

The first reason being THIS was THE Arnav Singh Raizada, the shrewd businessman.

The second reason being he was breathtakingly handsome and well dressed.

The third reason being, his arms were laden with a baby, a baby.. whose baby?

She pressed a brake to her thought as the man in front of her was eyeing her with curiosity and she felt herself being little rude.

"Yes Mr. Raizada, please sit down and he obliged.

"Call me Arnav please", he stated

"Arnav", she said as if testing and the word sounded marvelous to her ears.

Arnav was taken aback as she called him by his name. Though he asked her to call him by his name but he was basically not used to called by his first name. His employers called him Boss, Sir or ASR, his acquaintances called him Mr.Raizada and his family members' well it's a long story. His name sounded nice, almost magical and the vision in front of her was absolutely angelic.

"I think you know why did I call you here, at my place."

"Yes I do have the idea", he agreed.

"So'", she drawled.

"So?", he asked nervously as he was uncomfortable. He saw her fiddling with her dress and sensed her nervousness.

"You know what, this is really strange", he let her know so that she too understands his condition.

Khushi's eyes shot up with his words and it sank in. He is nervous as she is.

"Yes, it is", she mumbled. "But I am helpless, in my situation'", she stopped abruptly having no idea how to continue.

"I know", he admitted. "If situations were not the way they are right now, your parents would have been talking with me instead of you."

"Why you?", she was curious.

"Orphan", that one word almost broke her heart and her gaze floated towards the garland wound pictures of her ma papa. Her eyes were automatically filled with tears, her wounds of loss were still fresh. Arnav watched her tear up and his eyes turned soft, he knew the pain of losing parents. Initially the pain is unbearable, like a fresh wound which opens up with slightest trigger but later it turns into a permanent sting, you have it and can't do anything about it.    

"You ok?", he asked and she finally looked at him a gave a nod. Composing herself she started off with what they had gathered for.

"Arnav my parents were really excited after they met you. They wanted me to meet you, know you and spend some time with you" she was turning red as she mentioned and Arnav noticed .

He remembered Shashi Gupta. He had worked with him before. Shashi was a good and respectable man in the society. He was friendly and despite of a vast age difference he clicked with Arnav easily and broke through Arnav's rude and arrogant niche. Arnav then met Garima Gupta, Shashi's better half and her warm nature won his heart. He met her twice at some party and the lady seemed to have fallen in love with him and confessed to him that she wished a son like him. Arnav was chocked , honored and overwhelmed with emotions to have found a mother in a stranger and then out of blue Shashi and Garima proposed their daughter's hand for him. Shocked must be an understatement for the condition of Arnav as he never thought anyone could have wanted an arrogant, rude, shrewd orphan who has a little kid, in their life. He asked for some time to think over and promised them he'll meet their daughter.  Unfortunately , Garima and Shashi passed away few days after the meet leaving Arnav distraught and shocked for losing such wonderful family.

Arnav Singh Raizada cursed himself then for not able to keep his promise but destiny seemed to have other plans. Khushi Kumari Gupta called him by herself and proposed a meet and no way he was going to deny it.

"What do you want Khushi?", he asked directly. The husk his voice added extra edge to her name, she noticed, no one called her like that.

"My papa wanted an alliance between you and me. He wanted me to meet you and then decide if I can spend my life with you but ma seemed desperate to make you her son-in-law", she let out a hollow laugh and Arnav found himself unable to speak, too overwhelmed. "She liked you' a lot", Khushi added softly and Arnav's eyes turned misty.

"P..P..P", the kid's chatter brought them out of their little moment and Arnav looked down to find little one hitting his thigh with her little palm. He ran a hand through her hair lovingly and looked at Khushi.

"She calls me P", he informed and she nodded.

"So Khushi what were you saying?", he coaxed.

"Arnav I want to fulfil the last wish of my parents. I want to know you, spend time with you and'"

"and?" he wanted answers.

"and'" she had difficulty continuing. She found his hand clasping hers.

"We'll discuss this 'and' later", he assured her and she couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief. She looked at him and found him looking at her intently, she blushed.

"I want what you want Khushi, let's fulfil our parents wish", he softly added and she looked up him with questioning eyes.

"Ours?"

"Your mom once said she wanted a son like me and believe me she had at once become a part of my life."

Her eyes were full of tears now.

"So shall we?", he asked.

"Shall we what?"

"Court each other?", he asked and saw her blush prettily. If you are lucky you can see this for the rest of your life. Stop! He warned his heart.

"Arnav Singh Raizada", he re-introduced and led out his hand which she took willingly.

"Khushi Kumari Gupta" she shook hand.

"Ayesha Singh Raizada", he led out the little hand towards her and Khushi laughed and clasped it.

"Hey Ayesha I am Khushi!", she cooed.

" Shi!", she smiled showing the single incisor with pride.

Howz it??? Please tell me

Priyo

Next Part

Contents

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5 

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Part 9

Part 10

Part 11

Part 12

Part 13

Part 14

Part 15

Thread II

Edited by munam_13 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Downhill thumbnail
amazing...loved it..
..Anita.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
amazing start!!!
please pm me when you update next
Amanda.Lim thumbnail
Interesting..
Waiting for the next part.. 
Amti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
That was a cute one...  Ayesha stole my heart... Hope you will update it soon...
bhadraprasad thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
A very good start...loved it...thanks for the PM
samia19 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
interesting, thanks for the pm
Dynamix215 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
*scream* plz tell me that is NOT HIS daughter! Set aside, superb idea! PM update plz!
munam_13 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Dynamix215

*scream* plz tell me that is NOT HIS daughter! Set aside, superb idea! PM update plz!

wait and watch 😉
NainaAlex thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
superb start...so was arnav married before..?