sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Edited by sashashyam - 11 years ago
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

My dear Abhi,

I hope that when you say ".i have learned long ago that reason is not automatic those who deny it can't be concquered by it.." you do not mean that it is
I who am chronically unreasonable, and that you are the voice of reason failing to conquer me, for that would be unkind, especially seeing all the nice things I have been saying  about your writing (though I did mean all of them)!😉

I now see where all this impassioned defence of Soham/Vishnu is coming from, when you note that "maybe i am just bias because i am big Ankit fan...my brains stop working when i see him.."
😉. If that is so, dear heart, all is forgiven!😉😉

You are now officially free to dig as deep down as you like to find his virtues, of which probably the only one I would admit is that he loves his
mayee, truly, deeply, totally. To her he is completely and unshakeably true, which is why he will not lie to her or fail to do anything he has promised her.He returns the Ganesha necklace not because "deep down he knows he has made a mistake", for when he was stealing it, he did it with every evidence of enjoyment, but ONLY because he realises that this is a transgression even his indulgent mayee  will not excuse. But then, you know, Abhi, even a serial killer might truly love his mother - remember Psycho?

Yes, and he does not lack for courage, and he is good to accident victims, and also  perhaps will beat up boys who throw stones at poor stray dogs. But none of this is enough to salvage a willing kidnapper.

I would have been prepared to happily join you and embrace Soham/Vishnu (figuratively, of course, for despite his cheeky charm, he is too grubby for me!) along with you if he had been a jewel thief or a conman
( though at times the financially ruined victims of a conman commit suicide. Now would you say that was murder at one remove?), but NOT a serial kidnapper. Please don't repeat, like Purvi, that he fed her and prevented his cohorts from slapping her silly. What he actually says then is "Why are you slapping 3 crores? Her father is paying, after all!  If Manav Deshmukh had refused to pay, then I myself would have said: Put a bullet thru her head.". This part of the conversation was carefully edited out in Purvi's flashbacks, but I saw the original telecast and I remember it very clearly.

My dear Abhi, do you have any idea what a kidnapping is like in real life? The extraction of large amounts of money from people under threat of the killing of a loved one is only one (criminal) part of it. But it does not always end nicely and neatly with the family paying up and the victim being released. Even then, have you any idea of the torments the family goes thru? And very often kidnappings end in murder, when things go wrong and the kidnappers want to get rid of the witness who can identify them.

One should not trivialise such a serious  crime as if it was like pickpocketing or boyish hijinks
. What if Vishnu, who is so trigger happy, had killed a couple of kidnappees whose families could not pay up? Or if one of your loved ones had been at the receiving end? Would you still be as prepared to talk of  the redeeming  power of love? If you can honestly say yes, then you are on the way to sainthood, and I withdraw in good order, and you can happily plan to reform Vishnu.

Never mind, your Ankit will emerge nice and clean in due course, with the only disappointed one being Balan. I was in stitches when Archana was lecturing him yesterday her (unpainted this time!) nail pointed at him, that the saddest thing for a father would be to see his son go to jail.That is the best joke that I have heard in PR in  a long time.
Balan, who has spent his whole life in and out of jail, must be seeing a sentence for Vishnu as a much needed part of his training!

As for Purvi, she makes me feel queasy these days whenever she is on screen do-gooding with a vengeance. So
uske bare me to mujhe baksh hi do, please!

No dear, this is it. No more of the treadmill, and that I spent so much time on this exchange despite my  wonky wrist is proof of what a temptress you are! This has been a lot of fun, but it  is precisely the sort of thing that made it go wonky in the first place.

So adios, and take care. Do give some serious thought to the folly of the CVs in trivialising kidnapping. It is a crime to do so, no matter how appealing the kidnapper might be to young ladies, and I do NOT care how many other virtues he has, hidden or apparent. They should have shown him doing something else, something lighter, in the way of misdeeds. Then I too would have been as ready as you to dig to kingdom come to find his virtues. Not now. You, my dear, are of course free to follow your heart!

Shyamala  B.Cowsik

Originally posted by: arjunaluis

Thank you for thinking that i am very persuasive young lady...i am glad that i can make you agree with one of the three...😃 ok to the other two, maybe due to my sleepy mode yesterday i didn't real get what you were saying...deepavali has made me exhausted so does the time difference...😆

yes i agree to the moral compass...and yes i agree with you that he loves kidnapping, he feels that it is fun...but i wouldn't say that he is all evil, maybe unlike manav he wouldn't be all straight he might bribe to win deals and use cheap materials in buildings but i also wouldn't say he is all bad...to me, he falls in the dark grey character then all black...he was the first to run to archana and help her out at that time he didn't know who it was all he wanted to do was help them someone who is a hardbone criminal like balan who cut the wires in the first place will happily stand aside and watch the fun..even his group members watch and was relunctant to help in the first place...so, why did he run to help?
also after stealing the necklace from ganesha, when his mother scolded him he went to the police station to return it, if his moral compass was not in the right place, he wouldn't care what his mother said, he would have given her fake promises that next time he wouldn't do it and sold the necklace and enjoyed the money...his guilt is not because his mother was crying it is because deep down he knows he has made a mistake..

and now coming to purvi and him, the time he kidnapped her he had no need to reassure her that she will be save with him, yes he his a thug and shot arjun...if he is a bad ass why make sure Purvi is not harmed by his group members, why give her food-if you kidnapped someone for money and know tom u are going to get that money why should you care if they ate or not? you have given them food, that is enough whether they ate or not wouldn't be a problem to any hard criminals...also, if he can stop smoking and drinking because he promised his mother, he can be changed by her promise too but Varsha is making things worse by lying to him..Varsha on the other hand i agree her moral compass in not in order...she could never keep a promise like Soham can..all she did was break her promise she made to Sulo while Soham keeps his promise, this shows that some what he deserves a second chance...

I am not saying that he is all good and doesn't deserve to be punish, yes he deserves to be punish and u are right he should get 5 years, one year is to little...he deserves to be punish but he also deserves to get his parents love because love can change someone who is dark grey to a little grey...yes, i am hopeless and believe love can change someone like soham but i am not that hopeless to believe it can change someone like Balan...maybe i am just bias because i
am big Ankit fan...my brains stop working when i see him..😆😳

do come on the treadmill again, this has been serious fun for me...😃 though i am sure i can't change you in soham part...i have learned long ago that reason is not automatic those who deny it can't be concquered by it...but i agree with moral compass plays as big a part as upbringing, (it will be foolish of me to think that upbringing is everything) this can be seen in the twins..tej and ovi are the best example, they had the same upbringing though Ovi was spoilt more by Manav, but her moral compass is only on herself (she has blackmailed purvi- i am very sure that this isn't in Manav's sanskaar but it might have been brought down by Savita) while Tej cares about everyone..let's not go there, let's stay with Soham and Purvi...

arjunaluis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sashashyam

My dear Abhi,

I hope that when you say ".i have learned long ago that reason is not automatic those who deny it can't be concquered by it.." you do not mean that it is
I who am chronically unreasonable, and that you are the voice of reason failing to conquer me, for that would be unkind, especially seeing all the nice things I have been saying  about your writing (though I did mean all of them)!😉

I now see where all this impassioned defence of Soham/Vishnu is coming from, when you note that "maybe i am just bias because i am big Ankit fan...my brains stop working when i see him.."
😉. If that is so, dear heart, all is forgiven!😉😉

You are now officially free to dig as deep down as you like to find his virtues, of which probably the only one I would admit is that he loves his
mayee, truly, deeply, totally. To her he is completely and unshakeably true, which is why he will not lie to her or fail to do anything he has promised her.He returns the Ganesha necklace not because "deep down he knows he has made a mistake", for when he was stealing it, he did it with every evidence of enjoyment, but ONLY because he realises that this is a transgression even his indulgent mayee  will not excuse. But then, you know, Abhi, even a serial killer might truly love his mother - remember Psycho?

Yes, and he does not lack for courage, and he is good to accident victims, and also  perhaps will beat up boys who throw stones at poor stray dogs. But none of this is enough to salvage a willing kidnapper.

I would have been prepared to happily join you and embrace Soham/Vishnu (figuratively, of course, for despite his cheeky charm, he is too grubby for me!) along with you if he had been a jewel thief or a conman
( though at times the financially ruined victims of a conman commit suicide. Now would you say that was murder at one remove?), but NOT a serial kidnapper. Please don't repeat, like Purvi, that he fed her and prevented his cohorts from slapping her silly. What he actually says then is "Why are you slapping 3 crores? Her father is paying, after all!  If Manav Deshmukh had refused to pay, then I myself would have said: Put a bullet thru her head.". This part of the conversation was carefully edited out in Purvi's flashbacks, but I saw the original telecast and I remember it very clearly.

My dear Abhi, do you have any idea what a kidnapping is like in real life? The extraction of large amounts of money from people under threat of the killing of a loved one is only one (criminal) part of it. But it does not always end nicely and neatly with the family paying up and the victim being released. Even then, have you any idea of the torments the family goes thru? And very often kidnappings end in murder, when things go wrong and the kidnappers want to get rid of the witness who can identify them.

One should not trivialise such a serious  crime as if it was like pickpocketing or boyish hijinks
. What if Vishnu, who is so trigger happy, had killed a couple of kidnappees whose families could not pay up? Or if one of your loved ones had been at the receiving end? Would you still be as prepared to talk of  the redeeming  power of love? If you can honestly say yes, then you are on the way to sainthood, and I withdraw in good order, and you can happily plan to reform Vishnu.

Never mind, your Ankit will emerge nice and clean in due course, with the only disappointed one being Balan. I was in stitches when Archana was lecturing him yesterday her (unpainted this time!) nail pointed at him, that the saddest thing for a father would be to see his son go to jail.That is the best joke that I have heard in PR in  a long time.
Balan, who has spent his whole life in and out of jail, must be seeing a sentence for Vishnu as a much needed part of his training!

As for Purvi, she makes me feel queasy these days whenever she is on screen do-gooding with a vengeance. So
uske bare me to mujhe baksh hi do, please!

No dear, this is it. No more of the treadmill, and that I spent so much time on this exchange despite my  wonky wrist is proof of what a temptress you are! This has been a lot of fun, but it  is precisely the sort of thing that made it go wonky in the first place.

So adios, and take care. Do give some serious thought to the folly of the CVs in trivialising kidnapping. It is a crime to do so, no matter how appealing the kidnapper might be to young ladies, and I do NOT care how many other virtues he has, hidden or apparent. They should have shown him doing something else, something lighter, in the way of misdeeds. Then I too would have been as ready as you to dig to kingdom come to find his virtues. Not now. You, my dear, are of course free to follow your heart!

Shyamala  B.Cowsik

zonan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The answer is simple..

Because she is so mahaan and put family first.
Forget about soham dada..
She even call balan the chief gunda as balan kaka..
What a nice and polite girl she is...

soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Beautiful post, Abi. Soham is a believable character and brings a modicum of sense to an otherwise gone haywire story, he certainly deserves a second chance, it was not his fault that he was kidnapped, nor was it his fault that Varsha started to cohabit with a goon like Balan. Purvi wanting to save him might also stem from another movie, she knows her Aai wants Soham to return to the family fold and to Purvi what Aai wants, Aai has to get. Simple rule the girl lives by, even if it means ruining her own life.