Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VasantiLad thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Totally agree with you - although I can understand why ppl want to make a difference - unfortunately its too late - i think that this was on the cards as far back as 2 months ago - although this will have been hurried up as I think that Barun had had enough & said to the PH that he wanted to leave NOW...Don't think that PH-Gul-4 lions- sp ARE TO BLAME @ ALL. He said quite clearly in his own words taht when he gets bored he has to move on... He has given his best & there are other things that he needs to try. Everyone changes records when they get bored with the same old tune!!

Let us wish him well & let us move on - respect to what is left of IPK - give it a chance
Edited by VasantiLad - 11 years ago
Faiqahfadia thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I agree with you.
I know people say they should end the show but what about Sanaya?  Has anyone thought how she feels if the show ends.  Secondly if they continue without Barun then what's the point of the show because Lead actor is gone and show is based on love of Arnav and Khushi.  So since we are hooked on the show, they might bring someone to fill Arnav role and will we accept this new guy?  Maybe not and if we dont then show ends and once again did we think about Sanaya and Karan and all the people who work so hard.  We dont always get what we want and my parents taught me that a long time back and i have learnt to accept what we have and move on.  We had Barun as Arnav and it was fabulous and dont get me wrong, I wish and pray that he stays because ofcourse Barun is ASR and he portrays it so well, but like I said earlier we dont always get what we want.  So for the sake of the other cast members like Khushi, NK, Nani and Manorama, we have to atleast try to enjoy the show with whoever they replace Barun with. Maybe they will or maybe they won't, who knows.  Maybe after Barun's had his break, he might decide to come back and continue his role, who knows. That happens in soaps all the time.  When one actor goes on leave they replace for a short time with someone else and then the original actor comes back, does that mean that we dont watch the show when the original actor is not there?

Initially i was really upset with him leaving and was crying and sad because I really love the show and the actors, but think about what it is doing to us.  This whole weekend i have been sad and emotional and not talking to anyone because I was feeling bad about Barun quiting/leaving.  After I read this post, I realized wow!! this show has really got us hooked to a point of madness.  I ignored my family this whole weekend because a star is leaving a show. Can you believe that?  That star does not even know i exist.  That has never happened and I realized in the end it is just a show and sometime or the other it will end no matter what.  We cannot take a show to heart.  Yes, I posted several topics about Barun not leaving but in the end you have to realize it is his life and he knows why he made that decision.  We have to respect it and move on.  If we like the new actor playing Arnav (if they have a new actor) then we watch the show, otherwise watch it for the other actors.  Who knows, maybe this new Arnav will surprise us.  Plays come and Plays go, we accept that and move on to watch another play and same will happen here.

Life goes on!!  I support whoever wants Barun to stay and I salute you all who have emailed and called and tweeted about Barun staying and I also realize that we are going absolutely berserk for no reason for a show which will eventually end.  So what happens if Barun decides he will stay and show ends in January, then what?  We will eventually accept that, dont have a choice.  Yes the story is totally different and we would like it to continue for years to come, but all good things come to an end and this will too.  Just remember the good times and the good scenes and wish the actors all the best.
pri_armaan thumbnail

Originally posted by: niharika111

In one interview Barun said that he is not comfortable doing intimate scenes with his co-actors...
If Shah Rukh Khan says that, it makes sense...but for a newcomer, isn't it a bit too much?
With no offense to Mr. Sobti, how does he plan on making it big in Bollywood if he is so shy...I mean have you guys noticed the way he hugs Sanaya? He barely touches her...Bollywood is a tough nut to crack Mr. Sobti...now a days most actors are comfortable getting intimate on screen if the script demands so...lets hope he utilizes this 'much deserved break' and gets rid of some of his inhibitions!!!

Its his personal choice and he sticks to it! Simple

And i guess u havent seen many many Arhi scenes which were very intimate so please first see and then pass this judgement!
Secondly we have seen Sarun hugging offscreen so this he barely touches her thing is totally false!
Well going by your previous comments, its waste to discuss about anything regarding barun! Thank you
Edited by pri_armaan - 11 years ago
samirao thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
respectfully , I DON'T AGREE WITH U , mr. sobti ,is a kindhearted soft spoken , down to earth ,original person , i read and watched alot of his off screen segments , interviews , HE DOES CARES ABOUT HIS FANS, and about his quitting , just tell me 1 thing why a person ,who is at the peek of his career ,SADENLY , QUITE  HIS ONLY SHOW ,  , AND RUIN HIS CAREER , HIS IMAGE,  WHY.IT MAKES NO SENSE , DEFIANTLY THERE IS SOME THING OR SOME ONE BEHIND IT,
he doesn't have any new movie or show in pipe line ,his movie will release in april , he have plenty of time for its promotion
niharika111 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Its his personal choice and he sticks to it! Simple

And i guess u havent seen many many Arhi scenes which were very intimate so please first see and then pass this judgement!
Secondly we have seen Sarun hugging offscreen so this he barely touches her thing is totally false!
Well going by your previous comments, its waste to discuss about anything regarding barun! Thank you

Well we live in a democracy which entitles us 'freedom of speech'...I just said what I felt...if you do not agree to it, that is fine by me...!!! thanks for sharing your opinion, btw!!!

And maybe I did exaggerate a bit😲...what I meant was that I thought he seemed a bit awkward when doing intimate scenes with Sanaya...but maybe I am wrong!!!

Edited by niharika111 - 11 years ago
niharika111 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: samirao

respectfully , I DON'T AGREE WITH U , mr. sobti ,is a kindhearted soft spoken , down to earth ,original person , i read and watched alot of his off screen segments , interviews , HE DOES CARES ABOUT HIS FANS, and about his quitting , just tell me 1 thing why a person ,who is at the peek of his career ,SADENLY , QUITE  HIS ONLY SHOW ,  , AND RUIN HIS CAREER , HIS IMAGE,  WHY.IT MAKES NO SENSE , DEFIANTLY THERE IS SOME THING OR SOME ONE BEHIND IT,

he doesn't have any new movie or show in pipe line ,his movie will release in april , he have plenty of time for its promotion

Its fine if you don't agree to what I have to say...we are all entitled to our opinions!!!😊
My post does not question the basic personality traits of Mr. Sobti...I'm sure he does ample justice to your description of him...my point is that he has not been very frank with his reasons for quitting IPKKND...He probably wants to quit this show which gave him such fame and recognition, because he has something better to look forward to...what that is I have no idea...I was just trying to encourage forum members to make a better use of their time and energy in this festive season by spending time with their close ones rather than by fretting over whether Barun will be back or not...!!! I only wish Barun/SP/4-Lions were more definitive...so that these tortured souls could finally move on with their lives!!!😊
Edited by niharika111 - 11 years ago
arnabar121 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
 iam always with barun. always support his decision. if barun is not there i will not watch ipkknd anymore. but i will follow his new projects. barun sobti is the best forever. love u barun...
TaaniReyfanatic thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
true man, he don't care he is still leaving.
sun_shine_girl thumbnail

Originally posted by: sun2011

Completely agree.

Barun Sobti collected all awards and accolades and now wants to move on to his bollywood debut which seems to excite him more than IPKKND!! I have seen his disinterest in IPKKND scenes for a long time now!!! His success will be short lived!!!

Is that a prediction or your wishes for him...

I feel sad and worried for Sanaya Irani - the thorough professional adn a wonderful human being- nw she deserves our loyalty and support to get all accolades and awards that she so richly deserves - not Barun Sobti who has newer friends and dreams and ambitions and he has moved beyond the IPKKND cast!!
WOW!
Such hatred for Barun...

I watched IPKKND for Sanaya Irani from the beginning and have loved her consistency and flawless acting including dialogue delivery despite her not having learnt hindi! Now this is a true actor and human being.
Agree.

16Mahi16 thumbnail
Agree. Actually to be honest the whole thing has left a bitter taste in my mouth. Initially, when I heard that Barun Is quitting, I was quite ok with it as anyways IPKKND's storyline has been going down the drains. But looking at fans reaction and all, I think should have actually told the actual reason. Furthermore, the interview where he is was laughing and having a good time totally adds insult to the injury of his fans. I feel that he doesn't really care about his fans. He doesn't even bother to make an effort to connect with them either through twitter and Facebook, especially in this day and age. I think rather than him quitting the show that would be detrimental to his career, him being quite oblivious to his fans is more detrimental as ppl whose love/affection is not reciprocated will start to move away.f
Previous
1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Next