manjha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

I don't remember ever making a legit post on this forum, but honestly, I felt like I had to get this out of my system and right it because this whole fandom is getting so out of control, and I cant control it, but I guess I can take shot at possibly giving everyone a sense of reality. First of all, before I get started on my huge rant, don't take this personally, I know we all love Arnav Khushi, Barun, Sanaya, and I do too, but jeezus, some of you are thinking about this like your life depends on this show, which is doesn't and shouldn't, and lets not forget everyone being carried away with the rumors and speculations but not looking at the facts. Here's a few thoughts in my mind which I wanted to convey.

Barun is not obligated to work for his fans

Its his life, and he can do whatever he wants.  He does not work for his fans, he works cause helikes his job and earns money for his family. I don't understand and ounce of the hate he's been receiving for acting like a normal human being.  I get tired, we all get tired of our jobs and we all need a vacation. We are no one to conduct how he should be living his life because its his life. Are you going to be the one who's going to make sure he spends time with his family and his health is okay?  I don't think so. Its clearly evident that he isn't been keeping well, if you've been watching the show.  Im not saying that its not okay to be upset he is leaving, I totally agree and its justified you are upset but hating on him is not okay.  He just wants to take a break and relax. Also people referring back to his leave for the movie, that was not a break to relax or to chill. Barun worked harder than he ever has, juggling the shooting for his movie and the show.  Also, just on a note, even if Barun did decide to leave the show for his movie, that is totally okay and you should respect that fact. How many of you do second jobs and is there never a point when you need to take leave from one for the other? I don't get the fact that why these actors are never thought of in a perspective as a normal human being because they are. I know this profession is totally different, but like I said, actors are free to do whatever they want. We don't have any right, because all we do is admire them. They never ask for anything, Baruns never asked for anyone to go pagal over him, and what not, he's just done is job and thanked everyone for the recognition.  So stop the hate.

The comparison of Barun and Sanaya

The constant comparison to Sanaya irritates me so much. I completely agree, that Sanaya has always stuck to this show, and worked really hard, but everyone's working nature is different and so are everyones priorities. I adore Sanaya and shes done the best job possible for Khushi, but saying that she has been better than Barun is so unfair. They both have equally worked hard for the show, and Sanaya probably can handle all of this and has a higher tolerance of working so much but Barun can't anymore because he just cant. He said himself that he cannot be a workaholic. Same goes with saying Barun had put in more work than Sanaya, because that is not true. Both Barun and Sanaya have put in so much hard work into this show equally with long working hours and excessive shoots yet they manage to flawlessly portray their characters.

The constant blame and hate on Gul Khan

First of all, I just want to ask you guys, have any of you been there in those supposed "meetings" or "fights" that's have been happening on the sets ? Are any of you part of the team and crew? No, I don't think so.  Stop hating Gul so much!  For the love of puppies, you guys know NOTHING! All these posts and rumors I have been seeing of Gul putting down Barun and making him cry and all of you being gullible is ridiculous! You have no idea what is happening so stop judging it and making just nasty posts about how Gul should die. Honestly, Barun and Sanaya have always seemed to have a great relationship with Gul, and why on earth would she make them cry? Barun and Sanaya are not 3 year olds that Gul will be the bully and make them cry. The only people that know what is happening in those meetings are who are personally present there and that includes none of us. So seriously stop with the disgusting hate on her. I agree, if you haven't been very happy on the PR side of the story, which I do agree, has been very weak and also the creative team has been on its all-time low, but that's a different story.  This hate on Gul, is just distasteful and stop believing such childish rumours.

Hating on Viraf Patel

I notice that I am using the word hate a lot, that frankly that's what the fandom is really been doing lately.  It isn't even confirmed why or how or when Viraf is coming, but all I know is that he doesn't deserve any of the hate he is getting! The poor dude might be coming on the show because he's been offered a role and that's all. Actors get paid money to work, and that's all hes going to be doing, working! I personally think Viraf is such an amazing actor and guy, but that's because I have seen his work. He has done nothing, and its so disturbing to see the amount of abuses he is getting and that too because of a mere rumor!  Stop hating on him. He has done absolutely nothing.

Threats/Strikes/ Petitions on the decision of Barun and the show

I think this is the most disturbing and serious fact I would like to point out.  Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon has been an awesome show. Its given us Arnav and Khushi who have been probably historical and that is fantastic, but the fact is this is a SHOW. Stop with the death threats, and hunger strikes and all that shit. This is a show. It has to end, or whatever some day and you cannot depend your life on an actors decision. Its his life like I have said a billion times.  People are giving up their studies and work and neglecting their families for this one show! Seriously get a sense of reality! Is IPKKND going to give you a successful life ahead? Is the show going to bring in food for you for the rest of your life?  NO! Hell no, it's a show, its going to end, and there is a limit to being a fan which I think many people are crossing. Also, harassing Barun and getting petitions for him to stop leaving, is just pointless. Its really sweet that you don't want him to leave but respect his decision and see the reason behind it because its what any NORMAL human would want to do. I get the petitions of wanting to end the show, but get a sense that REAL > Reel any day so please please please stop taking the show so seriously guys. Its not healthy and its not something that should take over your life! There are so many better things to see in the real world beyond this show and you have friends and families who love you so much more and are so much more important so don't risk it on a show and an actor!

At the end, I want to say I know its upsetting for sure, and its going to hurt, but some of you need to see the facts and get a sense of reality! Its okay to be upset and go ahead and make petitions to end the show on a good note and all that, but don't hate on these people uselessly when we know nothing but what has been told by them! That's all you can trust, because who knows these sources might be fake and people may be just playing! Its not healthy. Let Barun Sobti go free. He is only a normal human being and he has the right to live his own life. Its your choice how much you want to admire him and dedicate your time as a fan, he has never forced you and to be honest, don't let the fanatic in you get the worst of you as much as it sounds tempting. I haven't meant to hurt anyone personally at all, but I just really wanted to let my thoughts and concerns out!

Edited by -Jen- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rini_kat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Agree with u.But sometimes it becomes hard to accept reality that too a very nonfavourable one.So we prefer to be either on dellusion world or denial mode and sometimes worst starting blaming games ... But it is better to accept truth sooner...
thei-thei thumbnail
One of the sensible posts I am reading here. There is so much negativity, it is appalling ! We are all attached to the show, no doubt and we have different ways of expression. I hope good sense prevails in the end. Maybe it will take sometime, but everyone will move on sooner or later. As they say, time is the only healer. I do wish Gul and co. are more tactful of handling the situation, they really need to hire a good PR team ASAP. However, they can still end the show on a high note with both the leads.  Edited by thei-thei - 11 years ago
nishasharma18 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 2
barun has all the rite to take his own decision and decide to leave or not. since he has submitted his papers 2 month before and yet they all continued to work together, that means they dont have any problem between co stars or even with the production house. starplus, gul and the whole team knows that fans are crazy about barun/ASR so they have already taken a decision beforehand to control the outburst of fans,. we are ignorant while they know what they have planned. no one is to be blamed in all that and fans who want to watch will wtach the show, and those who wish to quit will do so. starplus is a big channel and if ipkknd does not bring great in the next few month during baruns break, it will just announce it to go off air and take up a new show. its as easy as that. as for barun, i really think he is going now. so advice for the fans: enjoy ipkknd as much as it lasts...wish that the best happens according to you...but at the end its just ashow and im sure you have thousands of more important things than saving and fighting for ipkknd. dont get me wrong but even i love the show but we need to be practical in lyf.
.x-bumblebee-x. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
The Most Sensible and Decent Post After all this NONSENSE !! .. I SWEAR there is ONLY A FEW that aren't completely Hyped up about this rubbish ..

Seriously, we all need to get out of our little bubble ..
The same old post being repeated constantly .. Jheeze .. Enough already .. All these ' SOURCES' and 'CONSPIRACY Theories' ...

Enough is Enough .. Sometimes I wonder what world we live in .. This Much for a Show .. WHAT about the Real Life that people suffer in .. ! 🥱

I'm Upset that he's leaving/or not ..or whatever the heck is happening and I will Miss the Most Beautiful Jodi on television .. But Things Happen for a Reason .. If Barun wants to go.. LET HIM .. WE all can see, he's not being his best ever since he came back ..I think to keep both happy ..he push himself too much .. to keep everyone happy .. But Now he must have realised or his family told him .. He needs a Break and to calm down ..

HEALTH comes First !! .. and I agree the Storyline hasn't been great and that the PH were Unprofessional on their part .. But We DON'T/NEVER KNOW the FULL STORY or REASONS.. They will always keep quiet about it .. because they Know it can Destroy Both Gul's and Baruns Reputation .. !!

I wish we would give it a break on the same old stories .. We are just going around in Circles .. !! *sigh*  Nazar lag gaye on this show, maybe Ekta's LOL .. :P 😆 .. !! 💔

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

You can't lose what you never had. You can't keep what's not yours. And you can't hold on to something that doesn't want to stay.

You always want to quit while you are ahead. You don't want to be like a fighter who stays too long in the ring until you're not performing at your best.

Clint Eastwood

Edited by .._sonii_.. - 11 years ago
scarlet2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
If BS wants to leave, he will leave anyway, it is his life. We also change jobs when we get better offers, the same goes with BS. So fans need to calm down and be careful in future not to be addicted to any show, watch shows for entertainment, but don't go up to the extent of addiction. I am also so much obsessed with this show, now I have to try to get de-addicted :).
manjha thumbnail

Originally posted by: rini_kat

Agree with u.But sometimes it becomes hard to accept reality that too a very nonfavourable one.So we prefer to be either on dellusion world or denial mode and sometimes worst starting blaming games ... But it is better to accept truth sooner...

I know its really hard, and I mentioned that cause trust me, I have been waaay too involved in shows before, and its really hard to let go of it, and it will be, but things like the hate and death threats felt really unacceptable but trust me, the real world is much more important... 
manjha thumbnail

Originally posted by: thei-thei

One of the sensible posts I am reading here. There is so much negativity, it is appalling ! We are all attached to the show, no doubt and we have different ways of expression. I hope good sense prevails in the end. Maybe it will take sometime, but everyone will move on sooner or later. As they say, time is the only healer. I do wish Gul and co. are more tactful of handling the situation, they really need to hire a good PR team ASAP. However, they can still end the show on a high note with both the leads. 

Aha thank you! I do agree, its going to take some time, cause IPK has been a huge phenomenon and a lot of people are attached to this show, but like you said, time heals everything! My only concern was the amount of effect this is causing in peoples lives, cause at the end of the day its just a show! 
Sayali_23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
a very well written post... 👏

it feels as if Tsunami has taken over the forum after the earthquake of  Barun's exit news...

I accept Barun's decision and hope makers end the story with the Barun & Sanaya as Arnav and Khushi together rather then ruining the sweet memories of the Fans...😕

Edited by sayali_d23 - 11 years ago
manjha thumbnail

Originally posted by: nishasharma18

barun has all the rite to take his own decision and decide to leave or not. since he has submitted his papers 2 month before and yet they all continued to work together, that means they dont have any problem between co stars or even with the production house. starplus, gul and the whole team knows that fans are crazy about barun/ASR so they have already taken a decision beforehand to control the outburst of fans,. we are ignorant while they know what they have planned. no one is to be blamed in all that and fans who want to watch will wtach the show, and those who wish to quit will do so. starplus is a big channel and if ipkknd does not bring great in the next few month during baruns break, it will just announce it to go off air and take up a new show. its as easy as that. as for barun, i really think he is going now. so advice for the fans: enjoy ipkknd as much as it lasts...wish that the best happens according to you...but at the end its just ashow and im sure you have thousands of more important things than saving and fighting for ipkknd. dont get me wrong but even i love the show but we need to be practical in lyf.

Exactly my point! I wont say that Gul and the cast are the best of friends, I actually know nothing, no one knows anything except the people themselves or those who are present. We have to proof to judge if theyre on good or bad terms! We can only believe and know what is true on what we hear from the people themselves. I will be super sad too, to see Barun going but there are limits to being a fanatic.