Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Cruiser- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
posted elsewhere...

Perfect speech, perfectly delivered.👏

Just because a woman was at the receiving end and LAJJA word is not exactly a part of our day to day vocabulary, doesn't make it imperfect in any manner.

Had Niketan did bad-tameezi of Sapna kind, Sidhu might have said SANSKAAR hi Purush ki asli viraasat hain, Foohadta aur ashleelta Mardangi pe dhabba lagaate hain!

Ofcourse there would have been no hue and cry had Niketan been the one instead of Sapna as offender and Lajja-Ashleelta had been replaced by SANSKAAR, FOOHADTA--ASHLEELTA etc...even though these words have as much anti-wrinkle cream on them as the much maligned and blighted LAJJA has in past few pages!

.Cheekh Pukaar is only because of a distorted perception that,"Haaye Raam...A Baba Aadam ke Zamaane ka Man has declared Lajja is the way to go and not ashleelta!"...

No one can dispute Sapna was crude-loud (ASHLEEL)...and any well meaning person would advice her to exercise restraint and control (LAJJA), while coming up with her protests!...Thats what Sidhu meant...rest all is nit picking...as it is called BAAL KI KHAAL UTAARNA!

Read the whole quote together, without splitting hair over one line / word / phrase...and its as perfect as it gets! All the more wonderful as Sidhu delivered it in one shot...no edits...no re-takes!👍🏼

As in so many posts, partial extracts / single line have been used to come up with  'Prove what I want to Prove' conclusions...

To help make up their minds, just for those who may not have seen the full episode...FULL EXACT WORD BY WORD SERMON IS:

"""Physical violence se zyaada----dukh---gaaliyaan pahunchaati hain!-----Main aapko phir bata doon------Physical violence ke ghaav bhar jaate hain-------------is baat ko yaad rakhna------------lekin, jo ASHLEEL SHABDON KE GHAAV HAIN...(he is referring to Sapna's you are a coward---aap mere liye marr gaye hain outburst)-------woh umr bhar--dil mein---naasoor ban-ke rehte hain------------------aur woh sorry kehne se theek naheen hote--------------------------kai baar--jo jazb aur jabt...BADA BHAAI karta hai-----uska matlab ye naheen hai, ki uske andar koi bhaavna naheen hai! (indicating Sapna's words did hurt him deeply)-----------------------Ki main patthar ka hoon, ya Niketan Patthar ka hai...ya ye duniyaa patthar ki hai--------------ki tum kisi ko bhi kisi bhi waqt oonchi aawaaz mein-----chaahe woh Sidhu ho, chaahe woh Niketan ho----kisi waqt bhi bula logi aur woh women empowerment hai-----------WO WOMEN EMPOWERMENT NAHEEN HAI!!!!!-----------------Kyunki woh, auraton ke liye ek galat udaharan hai------------aur aurat ka agar sabse bada aabhooshan hai Sapna-----aaj main bade shaant svabaav se tumhein bol raha hoon wo Lajja hai------------Kyunki jis aurat mein lajja naheen----ASHLEELTA HAI------------us aurat ko, kaheen naa kaheen, koi guidance ki zaroorat hai----------------isliye main tumhaare saath har jagah khada rahoonga!-------------------BAHUT BAHUT DHANYAWAAD!!!!"""

-Cruiser- thumbnail
In case someone really feels, Sidhu's idea of an ideal woman is a LAJJA-sheel, coyly blushing woman, may not be a bad idea to have a look at the woman in his life who he adores.

This lady is true love of Navjot Singh Sidhu and she happens to be a highly successful practising doctor who gave up her flourishing practice to be able to join Sidhu in Politics full time. She faces media bouncers with as much ease and LAJJA (restraint) as her husband once faced from lethal bowlers like Waquar, Wasim, McDermott, Vaas etc. 😛

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvOWiQa0c5o[/YOUTUBE]

-Cruiser- thumbnail

Originally posted by: ranjanruna

@Cruiser 1. what sidhu like in his personal life that is his choice no need to impose woman in general. 2. Yes no one like loud behaviour that should not be consider as biggest gehena a woman must have as lajja. They r just like us. simple sidhu's son said sidhu is loud and aggresive. why the same gehena he should not have. 3. How we indians judge even woman differently. we praise katrina when she groove sheela ki jawani and appriciate kids to do the same. But impose our verdict of lajja gehena to same sheela's hair stylist .

It is obvious your inference and understanding of what he meant in that quote is at complete variance from my understanding of the same.😊

I do not urge you to reconsider your inference! In the two posts previous to yours, I have very lucidly put forth my own understanding and I am pretty satisfied with what he said!...You may consider me old fashioned if LAJJA is the only word that leads to that inference!
😊

* In the two posts above yours, I have explained my reasoning absolutely clearly and have no further desire of utilizing more bandwidth space for more on the same. Each to his own!
Edited by cruiser51 - 11 years ago

Originally posted by: NadzGirl...

Chandu 🤗

Casper is here!!!

No comments on the thread for obvious ignorant reasons 😆

What yaar Nadzi, I was looking forward to some of your magical words. But looks like I shall have to be happy with your ignorance 😆

For Casper and her ignorance 🤗 Edited by -Chandramukhi- - 11 years ago
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Sorry darling I know nothing about these contestants nor the show so it's better to keep my 2 cents in my cheap pocket 😆

Originally posted by: ranjanruna

@Cruiser 1. what sidhu like in his personal life that is his choice no need to impose woman in general. 2. Yes no one like loud behaviour that should not be consider as biggest gehena a woman must have as lajja. They r just like us. simple sidhu's son said sidhu is loud and aggresive. why the same gehena he should not have. 3. How we indians judge even woman differently. we praise katrina when she groove sheela ki jawani and appriciate kids to do the same. But impose our verdict of lajja gehena to same sheela's hair stylist .

@Bold: Thank you for that point. Loudness or aggressiveness is part of any human be it man or woman, there is no need to suppress women's voice by restricting one with the old age mentality that women has to be modest. Modesty is loved by all. But frustration is part of all us and we all go through phases where we become loud speakers. It's our weakness, nothing to do with Lajja or gahena crap. And it isn't even about whether Siddhu said it, this term has been used so loosely to get girls fit in a specific perception of the society. I am really not sure why people are making this topic about Siddhu ji when it isn't.

Edited by -Chandramukhi- - 11 years ago

Originally posted by: NadzGirl...

Sorry darling I know nothing about these contestants nor the show so it's better to keep my 2 cents in my cheap pocket 😆

But my topic isn't about any contestant. I created this topic since I always keep hearing this line being used in many TV shows and movies that "Aurat ka asli gahena Lajja hain = Women's real ornament is her Modesty" So I was just trying to get people's POV whether they still agree with this outdated stereotype. Basically the discussion is about stereotypes being the typical woman or man and how it restricts people from behaving away from the societal picturization.

Oh well, I am at least glad to see your Casper form on my thread 😉

Edited by -Chandramukhi- - 11 years ago
BIackSwan thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Chandramukhi-

But my topic isn't about any contestant. I created this topic since I always keep hearing this line being used in many TV shows and movies that "Aurat ka asli gahena Lajja hain = Women's real ornament is her Modesty" So I was just trying to get people's POV whether they still agree with this outdated stereotype. Basically the discussion is about stereotypes being the typical woman or man and how it restricts people from behaving away from the societal picturization.

Oh well, I am to at least see your Casper form on my thread 😉

Oops it's not about the show? 😆 Shoot!!! Casper has to run back read it properly 

Wait I'll read it and then share my 2 cents...
BIackSwan thumbnail
I'm back...

Firstly I didn't understand certain Hindi phrases/words so forgive me for that and I didn't watch the video either

Moving on to the discussion point which is about women and modesty, I think the word modesty implies to all humans in general irrespective of the gender. Perhaps it's an ancient belief or rather an unspoken expectation from women to be less superior, timid and pose a laid back attitude towards the opposite gender

I don't really get this. We live in a free world where everybody has their own freedom and equal rights. Then why holding back one selected group of people with a leash and free the rest? Women should be respected and let alone
naneta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i dnt find anythng wrong with the word lajja used by Sidhu ji...
no matter how modern we become but there is always a sharam or lajja in front of our elders..

this is wat Sidhu ji meant..
Edited by naneta - 11 years ago