Posted: 11 years ago
Siddhu ji criticized Sapna for her actions, agreed. But backing it up cuz she is a woman and she should be modest, Disagree. Copying and Pasting my comment from the other thread. I think this one deserves a good discussion/debate.

"Hmmm I like that he pointed out her mistakes. But I did not like his "lajja" crap. Being polite and decent (Modesty) applies to both genders and not only women.

I do not like when guys use such tags for girls. Who are they to tell us how a woman should be. Let women decide for themselves. If guys can have a potty mouth and loud speaker, I do not see any reason why a girl shouldn't. If I was ready to condemn Sana for her accusation and speak of equality there, even here I shall say if in true sense guys believe in equality then such tags or excuse shouldn't be used to condemn a woman. Condemn a wrong action, but not for the sake of promoting that "lajja" stereotype for girls. He could have pointed out her mistakes without using the gender card"

So discuss away do you agree or disagree with such stereotypical statement "Women's real ornament is Lajja (Modesty)"

Disclaimer: This isn't an anti-Siddhu or pro-Sapna thread. The topic is created to discuss away the above statement not to prove if Siddhu is right or wrong (Increase in font size, courtesy of Estel πŸ˜‰)

Link to Video:

I am including *King*'s transcript for Siddhu's words which were said in the above video. Hope you do not mind King ji πŸ˜ƒ Thanks Cruiser for completeness of his speech πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: *king*

Sidhu: Aa jo kuch bhi kar rahi thi woh rule thod hi rahi thi. physcical violence ke ghaav bhar jaate hain Sapna yeh baat yaad rakh. Lekin kyun ke tum choti ho, Sidhu tumhe vachan bhad hain. Iska yeh matlab nahin Sidhu pathar(stone) ka bana hua hain yah niketan pathar ka hain yah yeh duniya pathar ka hain ki tum kisi se bhi kisi waqt oonchi awaaz mein chahe woh Salman ho, Sidhu ho, chahe woh niketan ho. kisi waqt bhi bulaalogi aur woh women empowerment hain. Woh women emowerment nahin hain. Kyun ke woh auraton ke liye ek galat example hain. Aur auart ka sab se bada aabhusha hain Sapna aaj mein bade shaanth swabhav se tumhe bhol raha hu woh hain lajja. Kyunki jis aurat mein lajja naheen----ASHLEELTA HAI------------us aurat ko, kaheen naa kaheen, koi guidance ki zaroorat hai----------------isliye main tumhaare saath har jagah khada rahoonga.

*king*

And this is my brief English Translation.

"He was pointing out her mistakes how she was aggressive that day. He basically stated that she shouldn't shout or get violent whether it is Salman or Niketan or him. He said shouting isn't women empowerment, which I agree with him. But then he said that women's real ornament is "lajja", which I do not agree with him at all. That "lajja" crap is outdated. Shows his regressive mindset, again not his fault cuz he is from a different generation. But I do not agree with such tags coming from any man especially in this century"

Edited by -Chandramukhi- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

both are equal to meπŸ˜ƒ
lajja man pe bhi lago hune chaiyeh sirf women pe nahe 
sorry cant write essay πŸ˜†
Again copying and pasting !!!

Exactly, I wish he could have criticized her without making a general statement like that in the end. It simply overshadowed whatever else he had to say about Sapna's wrong actions.

To me, modesty isn't something that should be applied only to women. People in general should be modest. Her last actions were wrong and she should have controlled her temper. But when she stood up against Salman, that wasn't wrong for me. That was standing up for one's self respect. So I am more boggled why he had to bring in Salman into the picture. BB is making it look like a desperate attempt to nullify Salman's actions.

Anyways, he shouldn't have used such a statement to prove a point. I mean what kinda message are you sending to the audience that it is alright for guys to shout and swear but the same doesn't apply to girls because they are supposed to be modest

And I thought I was done criticizing Siddhu πŸ˜† Edited by -Chandramukhi- - 11 years ago
tanasha1993 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I have not watched the episode yet but based on what I read in the update, I did not expect this from Sidhu at all...
Maybe Pagloo Hirjee but definitely not him!
It is one thing to point out the inappropriate behavior of an individual but to drag things like gender is just not acceptable. He is a representing MP of the Indian government and so he is a role model for the masses but if he resorts to such gender discrimination (even if it is to small extent) what will the audience think of it... And wasn't he the one who commended Shampy for her fight for WOMEN EQUALITY? Then why is he the one going all chauvinist on Sapna.πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
crazy4fawad thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It was good he pointed out her mistake! That was a good thing. He just should not have used the Lajja thing! There is no need of gender card here!
Apart from that, everything else he said while talking to sapna..made sense...!

but lets not overanalyse this as well 😊 i will just give him benefit of doubt in the sense,.that jahan 100 baatein sahi kahi..wahan 2 baatein galat bhi ho sakti hai 😊 after a;ll..he isnt god but only human and can do mistakes like this one!
chocobear thumbnail
Nice post Chandramukhi

I will comment on this post tomorrow.have to go now

Originally posted by: tanasha1993

I have not watched the episode yet but based on what I read in the update, I did not expect this from Sidhu at all...

Maybe Pagloo Hirjee but definitely not him!
It is one thing to point out the inappropriate behavior of an individual but to drag things like gender is just not acceptable. He is a representing MP of the Indian government and so he is a role model for the masses but if he resorts to such gender discrimination (even if it is to small extent) what will the audience think of it... And wasn't he the one who commended Shampy for her fight for WOMEN EQUALITY? Then why is he the one going all chauvinist on Sapna.πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

Tanasha, I am copying and pasting Siddhu's words. Thanks to *king*

Originally posted by: *king*

Sidhu: Aa jo kuch bhi kar rahi thi woh rule thod hi rahi thi. physcical violence ke ghaav bhar jaate hain Sapna yeh baat yaad rakh. Lekin kyun ke tum choti ho, Sidhu tumhe vachan bhad hain. Iska yeh matlab nahin Sidhu pathar(stone) ka bana hua hain yah niketan pathar ka hain yah yeh duniya pathar ka hain ki tum kisi se bhi kisi waqt oonchi awaaz mein chahe woh Salman ho, Sidhu ho, chahe woh niketan ho. kisi waqt bhi bulaalogi aur woh women empowerment hain. Woh women emowerment nahin hain. Kyun ke woh auraton ke liye ek galat example hain. Aur auart ka sab se bada aabhusha hain Sapna aaj mein bade shaanth swabhav se tumhe bhol raha hu woh hain lajja.

*king*

sorry chandra tere title se mjhe mere madhuri yaad agayi πŸ˜³mere madzee πŸ˜³
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
CM r u talking abt today or did he tell this some other time? Sorry trying to refresh my memory and will get back once I watch it coz I don't remember the speech of Sidhu at all.πŸ˜³πŸ˜•

Originally posted by: tere_mere

It was good he pointed out her mistake! That was a good thing. He just should not have used the Lajja thing! There is no need of gender card here!

Apart from that, everything else he said while talking to sapna..made sense...!

but lets not overanalyse this as well 😊 i will just give him benefit of doubt in the sense,.that jahan 100 baatein sahi kahi..wahan 2 baatein galat bhi ho sakti hai 😊 after a;ll..he isnt god but only human and can do mistakes like this one!

Agreed may be those weren't his intentions and as usual he was using his Siddhuism, which in this case, is outdated to me.

I have simply opened his topic for discussion in general if you agree with women's real ornament being "Lajja" or modesty. You do not have to include him, just few words on this cliched line which I hear time to time in media to entertainment sector to many individuals.
Edited by -Chandramukhi- - 11 years ago