Edited: IF and Freedom Of Speech

kkksr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
How come Iss Pyar Ko Forum has a different set of rules than the rest of the world?? Any administrators from the main IF monitoring IPKKND  forum  and its ridiculous rules? They are restricting peoples ability to express themselves! They are removing posts that they think are not cool for themselves! Who are they to decide what is cool and what is not?  This is not their house - this is a public forum. All it takes is one person to pissed off enough to send a legal notice and IF will be in trouble. What is this stupidity from what is supposed to be a professional organization? Looks like some teenagers and twenty year old have taken over management of your business!

NO ONE CAN GET AWAY WITH SUPPRESSING FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

Edited: I am protesting against the new set of rules that is being used as an excuse to close anti anjali threads and remove comments from DB's profile!  I did not start this post because they closed one of my threads or removed one of my comments. This is not about me !

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3186662

Edited ( Sept 10, 2012)

The rules that I was objecting to in the above link has been edited again by the forum moderator!

So before we get into the details of Freedom of Speech, IF admins need to resolve one important issue.

When I singed up to be a IF subscriber, you ( the business)  gave  me  the following Terms of Use and I clicked Agree.

http://www.india-forums.com/terms_of_use.asp

As far as I know this is the only contract between me (the subscriber) and IF (the business). The document does not say  there will be more rules and regulations created by moderators of individual forums and the these moderators have the authority to change their rules anytime!

As far I know there should only be one set of rules/contract.  I did not agree to blindly accept separate rules posted on every little area on this website!

Effective immediately all these illegal rules documents that the subscriber did not agree to must be removed.

IF as a business can amend their original contract (if the moderators have a valid point they must request it to amended  to the original contract  --> http://www.india-forums.com/terms_of_use.asp )

When you make amendments, you as a business must notify subscribers and have them agree to the new set of rules. Just like any other business, you are required to display the new terms of use when the subscriber logs in and give them an option to either Agree or Disagree. If the user disagrees, they should either be automatically unsubscribed from IF or given an option to Unsubscribe.

This comes from a person who understands real business in the real world.

This issue must be resolved before we get into more discussions on Freedom of Speech.

These individual rule documents are written by young moderators who do not seem to understand the fundamentals of freedom of speech and being objective. Please scroll below to see a comment by one of the moderators - "it is ok to call the character Shyam Snakewa, but it is not ok to call the character Anjali Sick".  This is not only extremely confusing, but just plain illegal and as I never agreed to these terms in the first place!

So, please remove all individual rules documents and educate your moderators on your standard terms and conditions!

Edited by kkksr - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Flora3333 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I strongly agree with you!
Lately we're frustrated with the show for many reasons, and we want the CVs/ IPKKND team to know about that!
We want to share our views about present condition of the show!
But unfortunately we're not able to do that! Posting anything about a certain character of  the show has become a taboo. Topics are being closed too often.
Even our posts on an actress's profile are being removed because they're not "positive" enough!
How can the posts be positive if we're frustrated about that character?
And the actress also has the right to know our opinions about her character/role/performance in the show!
I'd request IF team to take a look at this injustice and resolve the issue asap!
Edited by Flora3333 - 11 years ago
kkksr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Flora3333

I strongly agree with you!
Lately we're frustrated with the show for many reasons, and we want the CVs/ IPKKND team to know about that!
We want to share our views about present condition of the show!
But unfortunately we're not able to do that! Posting anything about a certain character of  the show has become a taboo. Topics are being closed too often.
Even our posts on an actress's profile are being removed because they're not "positive" enough!
How can the posts be positive if we're frustrated about that character?
And the actress also has the right to know our opinions about her character/role/performance in the show!
I'd request IF team to take a look at this injustice and resolve the issue asap!

There is a new sticky on IPK forum  that says anyone bashing the actress will be banned!! Are you kidding me? If you ban me, what right do you you have to use my account to earn your advertising revenue? How do I close my account if I want to? I don't see a link anywhere close my account. If you are using my account to earn revenues you have no right to restrict my freedom of expression.

Edited by kkksr - 11 years ago
sprinkle thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Sorry to say but for some of the posts regarding Pujali, i felt like they were blocked even though the contents were NOT inappropriate..They were blocked just bcoz it was related to "Puajli" ...May b every post having regarding Pujali was blocked ... Some of them were even for fun. Its okay if there are abusive contents in any post but blocking a post only because related to Pujali doesnt sound cool and that make us feel limited.

P.S: No offense, this is my general observation. Not everyone has to agree with it :)
Edited by sprinkle - 11 years ago
Deedeepa1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
we don't like the current track so we were giving our thoughts to them thats alll.
i don't like how they are banning the commentsπŸ˜•
OmNaMaSteOm thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i agree with u even if reality hurts it should not but banned like this

Iceflames thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Why is IPK forum forming new and new rules everyday to oppress freedom of speech??
Isnt IF an open discussion forum??Then why every thread with any mention of CryAnj are being closed??What is the point in coming here if we are not allowed to express our views??

Bunch of hypocrites and CryAnj lovers and positivity saints😑😑😑

illuminated. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
I know you guys are angry about this, but honestly speaking a public forum also has it's bounds. You can't go around calling Anjali "sick," "Pooja ki thaali wali." or even the CVs anything like that. The current track has everyone upset, but the story has to keep on moving forward. The CVs can't just show ArHi moments and ArHi's wedding. There has to be other things in the show to keep it moving and interesting.

Every forum has a different DT therefore the set of rules vary  but their underlying meaning is the same - no bashing will be tolerated. To express your opinion by constructively criticizing the show is acceptable but to say uncalled things to the cast or the CVs, will never be accepted on any forum.

You are saying that it's not their home but many of us treat India-Forums like our home. We've been on this forum for more than 5 years or something, so keeping that in mind, we don't like it either when we have to close threads that could have been structured well and could have been a great discussion thread. But when members start either bashing each other or the cast/CVs and throw insults at them, that's when the thread is closed and a note is put up there. And there is a huge crowd on this forum who aren't over the age of 15, so do you really want them to be going around reading posts that will only instigate the wrong things in their young minds? No, right? 😊

And I hope you had PMed the IPKKND forum DT regarding this, because they are prompt with their replies and will look into your thread if it was closed without a valid reason.

PS: I'm not trying to be offensive, so please don't mind. 😳
Flora3333 thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Archana--

Why is IPK forum forming new and new rules everyday to oppress freedom of speech??

Isnt IF an open discussion forum??Then why every thread with any mention of CryAnj are being closed??What is the point in coming here if we are not allowed to express our views??

Bunch of hypocrites and CryAnj lovers and positivity saints😑😑😑

At the point IPK has reached now, it's not possible for an ardent IPK fan to love Anjali character...
And so criticizing the character is normal!
But we can't even say anything about the character! Can u believe it??
Okay we won't say anything about DB in our topics... but the character?? that's a part of IPK!😲
How can we not talk about her??? 😲
Flora3333 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~Saraa~

I know you guys are angry about this, but honestly speaking a public forum also has it's bounds. You can't go around calling Anjali "sick," "Pooja ki thaali wali." or even the CVs anything like that. The current track has everyone upset, but the story has to keep on moving forward. The CVs can't just show ArHi moments and ArHi's wedding. There has to be other things in the show to keep it moving and interesting.

Every forum has a different DT therefore the set of rules vary  but their underlying meaning is the same - no bashing will be tolerated. To express your opinion by constructively criticizing the show is acceptable but to say uncalled things to the cast or the CVs, will never be accepted on any forum.

You are saying that it's not their home but many of us treat India-Forums like our home. We've been on this forum for more than 5 years or something, so keeping that in mind, we don't like it either when we have to close threads that could have been structured well and could have been a great discussion thread. But when members start either bashing each other or the cast/CVs and throw insults at them, that's when the thread is closed and a note is put up there. And there is a huge crowd on this forum who aren't over the age of 15, so do you really want them to be going around reading posts that will only instigate the wrong things in their young minds? No, right? 😊

And I hope you had PMed the IPKKND forum DT regarding this, because they are prompt with their replies and will look into your thread if it was closed without a valid reason.

PS: I'm not trying to be offensive, so please don't mind. 😳

Well, you're right to some extent!
But we also make fun of other characters... and how's that offensive?
We also make fun of dadi and shyam!! πŸ˜•
If we call Anjali "pooja ki thali wali"... is that offensive? πŸ˜•
Fun is Fun!!
Criticizing Anjali doesn't mean we're bashing Daljeet! 😲
And ... I don't know... I want to express my frustrations in posts... but I'm afraid to say anything because the post's going to be closed! 😭
I don't feel free to share my opinions anymore!
Sigh.
Edited by Flora3333 - 11 years ago