Why wasn't Farida Jalal a mainstream actress?

DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 years ago
Farida Jalal, who acted in my movies as a stock mom, started her career as a mainstream actress. But destiny ruled against her favor and she was restricted to side roles, love interests, second fiddle, and sisterly roles.

Why do you think this happened? Did she lack the X-factor or was she just plain incompetent?

Comment.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-FSH- thumbnail
lack of talent was NOT the reason, however I do feel she was coping with high competition coming from top actress like Jatya, Hema , Rekha etc.
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
destiny , Luck 

she was also the winner of the Same contest which Rajesh Khanna won and entered in the movies 

she won that contest 2-3 years before RK ... but cldn't make it while RK became First Super star of Bollywood 

its all Destiny 
DaddyMarvel thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheRowdiest

destiny , Luck 

she was also the winner of the Same contest which Rajesh Khanna won and entered in the movies 

she won that contest 2-3 years before RK ... but cldn't make it while RK became First Super star of Bollywood 

its all Destiny 

Wow!! I didn't know that!! 😲

Tough luck, eh!
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I dont know Xaffy. She was always this innocent sweet looking woman. I guess she was not comfortable doing all the heroine related stuff. Baring jaya, i guess most of the heroines at that time were kind of bold and farida was just not comfortable doing all that may be. But i love her, she is such a baby. Loved her with srk in all the movies they did be it duplicate or kkhh. Perfect mommy for him! πŸ˜‰
DaddyMarvel thumbnail

Originally posted by: koiza.k

I dont know Xaffy. She was always this innocent sweet looking woman. I guess she was not comfortable doing all the heroine related stuff. Baring jaya, i guess most of the heroines at that time were kind of bold and farida was just not comfortable doing all that may be. But i love her, she is such a baby. Loved her with srk in all the movies they did be it duplicate or kkhh. Perfect mommy for him! πŸ˜‰

Xaffy... πŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒ

She actually had a bit of a bunny teeth. πŸ˜ƒ But she was really spontaneous and cute. The reason she could not become a mainstream actresses is that she was chubby. She was short and had slightly meaty features such as cheeks, arms and fingers. Probably that is the reason she could not go past her sister and love interest roles. πŸ˜ƒ

Shayu. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
she looks soo innocent... might be that time audiences dint find any x-factor in her
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
becaue she is a very bad actor!
DaddyMarvel thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Shayari.

she looks soo innocent... might be that time audiences dint find any x-factor in her

Yeah, kinda lacked the x-factor that Sharmila, Rakhee, Asha Parekh etc had. She was quite chubby. But nonetheless, I've enjoyed watching her in KJo movies. She was fun. πŸ˜ƒ