Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Bhansali Beats Shaad Ali To The Ranveer-Deepika Pa

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Bhansali Beats Shaad Ali To The Ranveer-Deepika Pair

It was meant to be the casting coup of the year. Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone were to come together in Shaad Ali's Kill Dil. In fact Shaad had all but penciled in the pencil-thin temptress for his kickass rom-com.

Little did he know that the novelty of the jodi was being whisked away from under his nose by none other Sanjay Leela Bhansali, the director whom Shaad admires unconditionally.

Says a friend of Shaad, "Almost cut off from Bollywood Shaad was writing his rom-com in Kanpur with his friend Ranveer Singh in mind. As the plot took shape Shaad could see Deepika in the female protagonist's role. Ranveer in fact strongly recommended Deepika for the part, as he was kept in the loop by his director-friend about all the plot developments."

Oblivious to developments in Mumbai, Shaad had firmed in on Deepika when to his dismay he was informed that Deepika and Ranveer were cast together in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Ram Leela.

Says Shaad's friend, "It was Ranveer who told Shaad about Deepika being roped in for Ram Leela. Shaad was under the impression that Priyanka Chopra was cast opposite Ranveer in Ram Leela. Now the novelty of the Ranveer-Deepika pair is gone."

We hear Katrina Kaif is now the chosen one opposite Ranveer Singh, provided she is able to work out her jampacked dates.

When contacted Shaad says, "I am yet to lock in on the girl for Kill Dil. I did meet Deepika recently.She's a lovely girl.Who wouldn't want to work with her?"

As for the jodi being part of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Ram Leela Shaad says enthusiastically, "I am sure Sanjay will make a fabulous film with them."

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/ENT-bhansali-beats-shaad-ali-to-the-ranveer-deepika-pair-3682348-NOR.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Terenaina thumbnail
I knew it for some reason that Shaad Ali wanted to cast Ranveer-Dp for the movie Kill Dil but now that SLB is casting them...he won't be casting them in his movie Edited by Terenaina - 11 years ago
HotMess thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
So wait, is it finally confirmed that Deepika is doing Ram Leela? Kudos to her, she has good films in her kitty now!

And good luck to Shaad on finding a heroine. ðŸ˜†
Terenaina thumbnail
I'll believe that dp is finalize after I see the shooting for the movie lol
fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
No fear Shaad! Just flip-flop. Bhansali with Ranveer-Deepika...and you with Ranveer-Priyanka.
My wish to see these two pairings will be complete. 😆
Cast Ranveer with some one else.Fimple!

Shaad was a good friend of Vivek

Shaad is a good friend of Ranveer.

What a pattern!  ðŸ˜³

Originally posted by: bambogli

Shaad was a good friend of Vivek

Shaad is a good friend of Ranveer.

What a pattern!  ðŸ˜³

As long as Vivek is not a good friend of Ranveer its all good.

We hear Katrina Kaif is now the chosen one opposite Ranveer Singh, provided she is able to work out her jampacked dates.

Here he breaks the nariyal  ðŸ¤£

I guess, Kareena is cursing Saifu right now for casting DP on Cocktail. It's because of the success (& good acting by DP) of Cocktail everyone is signing DP.

Originally posted by: Terenaina

I knew it for some reason that Shaad Ali wanted to cast Ranveer-Dp for the movie Kill Dil but now that SLB is casting them...he won't be casting them in his movie

Why Kill Dil? What happened to his Ek Vanilla Do Paratha?  ðŸ˜†

Edited by bambogli - 11 years ago