Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sareg thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: Tumhari_Khushi

Discussion for June 23-25, 2006

Hi Friends πŸ€—

Time for a new Debate πŸ˜ƒ All of us have found wonderful friends on I-F. Aur some even flirt with others πŸ˜‰

Now what's your take on virtual flirting? Is it acceptable according to you?

If the opposite person is mature enough, it is fun, and you get on the web for fun, generally when people indulge in flirting, they have a mental note of their limits and they mostly abide by that

What makes it different from real-life flirting?

The limits can be higher, you know you are never going to meet the person in real life in case of virtual flirting, so you can let your hair down and have fun

Is it just a spice or can it be unhealthy aswell? πŸ˜‰

It is spice, it gets unhealthy when people cross limits, when they start knowing/researching real identities or others start passing judgements on others

What's your reaction if anyone would try to flirt with you online? 😊

no problemo, but before responding I check the maturity meter of the person, if a person has a tendency of being perpetually , I runπŸ˜†

Incase you're interested in reading comments regarding this...check this out:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/306173

Loads of Love,

I-F Development Team

In general my experience, when two people flirt with each other, they mostly of the times dont have a problem with that, but the moral police will jump in and try to spoil it, something like, if I cant have it, you cant have it eitherπŸ˜† 

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: egghatcher

familiarity breeds attempt .....and attempt breeds and broods contempt 

That is a nice one.

mermaid_QT thumbnail
A question to those who think flirting is always HARMLESS fun and others who are policing it are doing it just for being jealous πŸ˜ƒ -

Would you say the same if / when you have a teenage daughter who is flirting online with God knows who? Would you police / would you sit back and relax for not being jealous of her and her flirting partner? πŸ˜‰

I am curious to know this! Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
sareg thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

A question to those who think flirting is always HARMLESS fun and others who are policing it are doing it just for being jealous πŸ˜ƒ -
Would you say the same if / when you have a teenage daughter who is flirting online with God knows who? Would you police / would you sit back and relax for not being jealous of her and her flirting partner? πŸ˜‰

I am curious to know this!

If one has taught their children their limits, difference between responsibility and privilege, one would not need to sit and hawk around themπŸ˜‰

mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: sareg

If one has taught their children their limits, difference between responsibility and privilege, one would not need to sit and hawk around themπŸ˜‰ 

So while teaching children their limits, YOU WILL GIVE THEM A LESSON AGAIST VIRTUAL FLIRTS and the HARM they could cause?? πŸ˜‰
mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: tania.ganguly

Absolutely, I agree with Sareg here.

Its parents' responsibility to apply age appr filter and parental controls on what their kids are viewing  online. About interacting with others, there are n no. of predators prowling both in the real and the virtual world. The problem with the virtual is more of course with not being able to know who is behind that id. When you are given an opportunity to use something like the internet, it comes with a huge amount of responsibility associated with it.

You said you agree with Sareg and so do I about TEACHING CHILDREAN and PROTECTING them.  Sounds like most of the rest you typed is in agreement with me Tania, since you agree with the dangers of virtual flirting associated with a certain group.  That is what I was trying to say.
Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
sareg thumbnail

So while teaching children their limits, YOU WILL GIVE THEM A LESSON AGAIST VIRTUAL FLIRTS and the HARM they could cause?? πŸ˜‰

Parenting 101:  Never give out private information over the internet

Parenting 102: Convey to the kids, dont do anything you would be embrassed to tell me or your mom

mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: sareg

Parenting 101:  Never give out private information over the internet

Parenting 102: Convey to the kids, dont do anything you would be embrassed to tell me or your mom

I am completely in agreement with you.  I also know that this originates in the fear and awareness you have for the impact of virtual flirting and insecurities. Policing is not the least about being jealous, it is about CARING for someone.  You may not be logged in to police, but policing none the less via these means.
mermaid_QT thumbnail
Tania, the question was about teenage daughter because it is a know fact that there are predators lurking around. I would never ask "Whether there are predators lurking around" If anyone has a doubt, we can send them YOUTUBE videos of the predators caught on tape in the sick act.

I also had to ask the question because several opinions suggested that it was OKAY to flirt and others were policing un-necessarily. hence i wondered whether it was a general statement of flirting being okay, or it changed when it got personal to child's level. I did get my answer here. πŸ˜ƒ

In response to the last post, I agree with you πŸ‘πŸ‘ that some people could refrain from moral policing.  Yet, they sometimes intrude in order to maintain the DECORUM of virtual space and I see nothing wrong in that.  For those indulging in flirting that crosses limits of decency (through suggestive words), I think private chat rooms and private messengers are great media. 
Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
sareg thumbnail

I am completely in agreement with you.  I also know that this originates in the fear and awareness you have for the impact of virtual flirting and insecurities. Policing is not the least about being jealous, it is about CARING for someone.  You may not be logged in to police, but policing none the less via these means.

I dont think moral policing=caring,

For me it gets to a level where one tells others not to do things, b'cos it is the wrong thing to do, and generally the answer to "why" is, this is how good kids behave, this is how my religion or my upbringing or my culture tells me.(People hid behind that garb when they have no other valid reasons, this is something they wanted to do in their time, but were told that religion/culture does not allow them to do it, that to a level is jealousy)

For me that is wrong, in that time things were different, you cant apply situations from another generation to this one

Many a times, kids would listen to that sermon out of respect of age.But it is going to PO that kid, it is like throwing gasoline on fire and that kid would want to do that thing more than anything and at that point the parent loses the child for no reason

Edited by sareg - 17 years ago