why did Ashaji kinda snub about OP Nayyar

sami01 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
what I was disapointed about saturday was Asha ji couldn't say 2 words about  person who made her star --- that was OP NAYYar
 person who made ashaji what she is today
and sunidhi was no right person to talk about shanakar jai kishan by giving example of a song composed by hritik roshan's grand dad roshan
i was so disapointed by fact taht there was no naushad tribute for 50s... madan mohan was good but naushad was a must they needed naushad and c ramachandran included in 50s... i am so upset with indian idol and Ashaji was so rude about OP Nayyar whatever reasons were about their split she stil owes him a lot

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IamSwapnali thumbnail
I have not watched the episode, but I guess this all started couple of years ago..

I don't recall what the occasion was, but O.P.Nayyar mentioned that it was him to taught Asha to sing. She couldn't even say 'aaa..' earlier. And she used to feel very inferior because of Lata. I think he even went to an extent to say that Lata & Asha's maid was the same, and everyday the maid would tell Asha what kind of song Lata has been recording, which gave her the complex, and it was him to helped her boost her confidence.

I think this is how is started. Even if O.P. Nayyar helped her, I think this was too much to say about Asha at this stage, when both of them have accomplished so much. I mean him saying that he taught her everything is still OK, but what's the point in giving away so many details (whether true or false) now?

Few days after this incidence, there was an interview of Asha, and her answer to one question was that 'I am what I am because of all my music directors, and not any particular one'.

Whatever the truth is, the songs made by these two are too good, and I enjoy them even today
!

Edited by ILoveHussain - 11 years ago
sami01 thumbnail
am not aware of any such  interview but i recall one where he said there could be no singer like Asha ji in 300 years. her words were very bad for a person who is not even alive
music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ILoveHussain

I have not watched the episode, but I guess this all started couple of years ago..

I don't recall what the occasion was, but O.P.Nayyar mentioned that it was him to taught Asha to sing. She couldn't even say 'aaa..' earlier. And she used to feel very inferior because of Lata. I think he even went to an extent to say that Lata & Asha's maid was the same, and everyday the maid would tell Asha what kind of song Lata has been recording, which gave her the complex, and it was him to helped her boost her confidence.

I think this is how is started. Even if O.P. Nayyar helped her, I think this was too much to say about Asha at this stage, when both of them have accomplished so much. I mean him saying that he taught her everything is still OK, but what's the point in giving away so many details (whether true or false) now?

Few days after this incidence, there was an interview of Asha, and her answer to one question was that 'I am what I am because of all my music directors, and not any particular one'.

Whatever the truth is, the songs made by these two are too good, and I enjoy them even today
!

I agree. 
music-a-muse thumbnail
Sami, am even surprised she commented about him. was expecting more on that episode. Damp squib it was.

I did not expect anything better. πŸ˜Š
sami01 thumbnail
ya i know so sad yaar but how could they forget Naushad when they gave 50s tribute...was the reason that ?Naushad and Asha have not done many songs together
music-a-muse thumbnail

Originally posted by: sami01

ya i know so sad yaar but how could they forget Naushad when they gave 50s tribute...was the reason that ?Naushad and Asha have not done many songs together

Are you not glad they did not murder naushads songs too😊

I think they chose the more popular,  faster paced songs.

Indian idol thought they were being good by choosing the golden oldies, unfortunately, the singers they chose did not have the calibre to sing those wonderful songs.😊
sami01 thumbnail

Originally posted by: musicmuse

Are you not glad they did not murder naushads songs too😊

I think they chose the more popular,  faster paced songs.

Indian idol thought they were being good by choosing the golden oldies, unfortunately, the singers they chose did not have the caliber to sing those wonderful songs.😊

lol so true yaar bec naushad songs r very difficult to sing but they should have at least used a word or 2 for some legends like naushad/c ramachandran... two of top hit films of Indian cinema ever had naushad music... mughle azam and mother India
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Asha's ji though a tremendous singer and a legend, am sorry to say as an indivisual, she is highly arrogant.

Her bias towards singers and her staunch opposition towards new compositions are not praiseworthy.

Its very muich true that Asha and Lata were not on good terms and there were ego clashes between them when both were at their peak. It was all later sorted out and they became one again which is wonderful.

I also happen to recall an article which was posted during a season of SA re ga ma and Asha ji was one of the special judges and it was said that she used to hold up shootings bcoz her necklace wouldnt match her saree and for small small issues esp regarding her outfits where everything had to match.

I love asha's songs and singing more than Lata's but personality wise, asha ranks very low in my books
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: tina59

I also happen to recall an article which was posted during a season of SA re ga ma and Asha ji was one of the special judges and it was said that she used to hold up shootings bcoz her necklace wouldnt match her saree and for small small issues esp regarding her outfits where everything had to match.

πŸ˜• Even Karan Johar cancels shooting when he himself is not dressed up properly or his tie doesnt match his suit Does that make him arrogant ? It's the star-mood thing which every individual in Bolly has ..

Anyways coming to the topic, I agree with the article of O.P.Nayar saab.. He doesnt own any singer.. 😊 And if we do something for others, we shouldnt keep blowing our own trumpet πŸ˜›

Ashaji is not God.. She too can hold grudge against someone.. At least she is not faking it.. 😊 I dont think singers like Lata, Asha, Kishore are 'mautaaj' of music director's find and all.. Sooner or later, they all will sign πŸ˜›