Frequent Posters

SecretSapphire thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
hi queen
pir e kamil mera pehla Ishq
starstruckk thumbnail
The episode was good overall. Mahira was better this time..everyone else was great.

about this drama in general..I haven't read the novel, but this drama focuses on religion. Eventually that's where it'll end up even though it seems like the genre is more or less romance & whatnot at the moment. I feel if you don't understand where Umera Ahmed's coming from as a writer then her dramas are not for you. She focuses on 2 things for the most part..1. Islam generally & Allah..and/or...2. women. Every writer has their way of depicting stuff in novels & dramas and Umera focuses on this exactly. I've seen people criticize Umera's work before around here merely because they aren't used to seeing the stuff she focuses on or they're better off watching stuff like Humsafar which is by a writer who focuses on mere romance/drama where you can see a good looking guy & girl fall in love..have issues..break apart..& then get back together again..Sorry, but Umera Ahmed's work requires more thinking  than a Humsafar or Khuda aur Mohabbat. Each & every character by her is substantial and meaningful..of course if you give it a chance & ponder about it..
Edited by starstruckk - 11 years ago
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
^ couldn't have said it better for UA..hence, my admiration for her!
.SilentPrincess thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I'm late..still. Yay!! 5th thread.. ðŸ¥³
MochaQueen thumbnail

Bilal Abbas Khan

Originally posted by: -Amyy

Nahi dekhi yaar ! =( just engagement scene dekha .. 

sabr sabr 16 episodes krni hain unhe :D

jis pace pe yeh jaa rahe hain mujhe to lagta hai 25 epis poori kareinge😆
MochaQueen thumbnail

Bilal Abbas Khan

Originally posted by: PariNain

hi queen
pir e kamil mera pehla Ishq

hi pari😆 your username reminds me of NainTara from geet😆
haan PeK is amazinggg <3 uska second part bhi a raha hai na
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: starstruckk

The episode was good overall. Mahira was better this time..everyone else was great.

about this drama in general..I haven't read the novel, but this drama focuses on religion. Eventually that's where it'll end up even though it seems like the genre is more or less romance & whatnot at the moment. I feel if you don't understand where Umera Ahmed's coming from as a writer then her dramas are not for you. She focuses on 2 things for the most part..1. Islam generally & Allah..and/or...2. women. Every writer has their way of depicting stuff in novels & dramas and Umera focuses on this exactly. I've seen people criticize Umera's work before around here merely because they aren't used to seeing the stuff she focuses on or they're better off watching stuff like Humsafar which is by a writer who focuses on mere romance/drama where you can see a good looking guy & girl fall in love..have issues..break apart..& then get back together again..Sorry, but Umera Ahmed's work requires more thinking than a Humsafar or Khuda aur Mohabbat. Each & every character by her is substantial and meaningful..of course if you give it a chance & ponder about it..

that is judgemental of u!!! I am one of the critics of umera, and I watch these serials because I love the topics, but I do not like the way they are depicted, and do not like umera's pov on them, it is rather judgemental of u to think that such people are shallow and should just stick to romantic shows, that is a very hurtful comment, just because one does not like umera's work does not mean one does not have the ability to understand it, maybe it is because one can understand the concept and a lot more attached to it!!!!!Edited by Nkapoor3 - 11 years ago
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Durr E Shehwar ' An Extremely Regressive Play

Posted In Drama ReviewsFeatures - By Showbiz Spice On Monday, July 9th, 2012 With 

By Haseeb Ahmed

While penning this down I am totally aware of the loyal fan base that this play has especially females who were left teary eyed by this play and all that it contained. I am also aware of the barrage of criticism and 'no you are wrong and it depicted reality' which is going to come my way once the readers go through my article, still I am going to say what I have to say since it's a free world and we all are entitled to our opinion. No one should be persecuted just because he holds an opinion diametrically opposite to yours.

I have always believed in art for the sake of reform and not art for the sake of art. Hence, the problems presented in any art form be it theatre/paintings/music/drama should give a resolution in the end. In case of Durre Shehwar a resolution was definitely presented but a resolution which was totally and utterly regressive. For centuries, we have taught our women to be submissive and to accept all the injustices of their husbands and in-laws to save their marriages and family lives. Women are projected as 'epitome of sacrifice'.

And it is this resolution which I am totally against. Our religion tells us that not fighting back an injustice is akin to accepting this injustice and strengthening the oppressor. Therefore, teaching women to take all the injustices of their husbands and in-laws without uttering a word is grossly wrong. This play also overlooked the fact that according to our religion, it is not obligatory for a woman to do household chores for her husband or in-laws. If she does household work, it is her favour to them.

Ignoring these realities, the play stressed upon 'accepting oppression and accepting injustices' in the name of 'saving your marriage and family life'. This extremely wrong message was sugar coated with emotional dialogues and letters exchanged between 'abba and durre shehwar' which left women sobbing and consuming boxes after boxes of tissue papers.

As for those who claim that women should be the ones who should be flexible in a marriage as men remain inflexible, I would like to ask how would societal attitudes especially those of men change if women continue to sacrifice and men continue to enjoy at the expense of their women. Plays should enlighten, educate and aware men of their responsibilities towards their wives and in saving a marriage rather than sugar coat wrong messages with emotionalism.  Renowned production houses boasting of the brightest media people should also avoid financing such projects which send out the wrong kind of messages to an already messed up society.

Edited by Nkapoor3 - 11 years ago
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
^ This is SeZ thread 😳
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: OnlyHope

<font color="#9900cc">
^ This is SeZ thread 😳</font>

yeh but I thought I could post this as this show was based on umera's novel also 😊