Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

delete1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: TheMelody.

I think the initial few months of this show were amazing, they captured some really beautiful scenes in Hrishikesh before Jeevika's wedding. Other than that, it has had its share of ups and downs...well mainly downs. :p

Aww, I absoltuely adored the first couple of episodes; it's what made me fall in love with the show - the scenery, the setting, everything. The Chaudhary's when they are fully together are what make the show. After the wedding it seems to have lost a lot of the initial magic.

The hair issue seems to bother me so much, it's ridiculous! I cannot gather myself to watch the episodes, seriously. I guess the fact that the whole cast and production house were applauded for taking such a step i.e showing Manvi actually bald had such an overwhelming response that they felt that was enough. :\ There surely was applause but it's CV's job to ensure the applauding doesn't just end there! Fair enough if Nia was feeling uncomfortable but a wig could have been a possibility for a cancer patient. Alas, I guess not! 

They take three steps forward and then two steps back; barely and progress. They could have nicely just used some logic and just shown it as a wig, how simple, but they didn't. I think it wouldn't have been so bad if Kushal's hair was longer, it's like a massive continuity error which is very hard to ignore.

Haha, Saathiya is one my mum's favourite shows too! Yesss, while watching Saas bahu dramas we'd definitely not be able to connect with any of it so we're open to something more fresh. How weird is it that my grandmother was also a ***** my mum? lol. So I guess mothers can connect to these dramas due to similar (?!) personal experiences...not sure! I've said this before somewhere too and I have to say it again. On the internet there may just be teenagers sitting behind their computer screens demanding for so and so couple which makes it seem like there's a huge fan base of that couple so they are conveniently given more screen space?! Happens with EHM for sure.  I find that ridiculous tbh... If I take my mum as an example, she hates it when there are some OTT romantic scenes and just changes the channel! So I doubt house wives would like to watch only that. :\  

:L My mum too, she really doesn't like too much romance. People connect through experiences, so if that's what they'll relate to, they'll watch it. There's a definite generation gap which seems to be fulled by love sick phan-girls fawning over their favourites on the internet. That's whats definitely happened with this show. After the marriage, the fan wars started and the demanding more scenes and to compensate for that, the writers took out three months in which they could *try* and satisfy those demands. And in taking those three months out, they went behind on schedule by about three/four months which means that the cancer should have been out pretty much after the wedding. And that has caused a whole lotta problems since; they haven't been able to manage the pacing at all, sometimes dragging and like currently, full steam ahead. The spark gone, so it's like, what now?

The promo... in a way, to glorify JM's relationship they've played with the whole mother-child relationship. I don't know, the promo is quite controversial tbh, it can be interpreted in different ways. 

It's really out there. The wording was just totally awkward and it felt slightly horrible that someone could disregard their unborn child so soon. I really don't understand exactly what track the CVs are trying to take; whether its miscarriage because Jeevs seems to be getting more careless day by day, or abortion because I think for definite the child will be lost along the way because why else will they give such bad dialogue and introduce the pregnancy track now?

I don't usually comment on the topics around here unless I feel like they topic maker has made good points and seems unbiased too .. so it's nice speaking to you Sabeeha. I'm Mel btw :))

:L I'm far from unbiased. It seems all my posts tend to go down the borderline bashing CVs route, but in terms of the characters, yeah I love them all equally. They are seriously flawed characters, all of them and I can't stand it when 'fans' get overprotective to show how perfect their favourite is, so I pretty much say it as it is. Anyways, it was nice to get your prospective on this Mel :)