-Anonymous11- thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
awesome post dear
keep it up
delete1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: atthi

You are definitly right there.. I personally know many people suffering from this disease. the effects of chemo are just drastic. They will be extremely tired, They vomit watever they eat, its just horrible to watch. And here we are, in a show where manvi has had 3 chemos already, running around the house, taking care of badi beeji and more than that, her family has left her behind with an old woman to share the happiness of her pregnant sister. I mean leaving a cancer patient alone in the house to meet a pregnant woman where there are people to fill in a cinema hall??? seriously man, after yesterday's episode, i was pissed off.. I am not annoyed at the present track of virat manvi marriage, in fact, am all for it irrespective of whether manvi's hair grows back or not (I mean wats the point of looking beautiful and before marriage romance in such a serious scenario??) I support Virat Manvi to get married because, it has an irrevocable message(provided they show that properly) that there's nothing wrong in marrying the person you love even if she has a deadly disease. It gives the patient a huge mental support which is necessary for the cure.. a person for whom the future is bleak, even a ray of light does wonders.. I just hope the CV's convey the message properly at least from now on..

I'm actually in two minds about leaving Manvi behind - yeah, with an 80 year old was a bad idea but in the other hand, Madan was also there. And besides, it's quite refreshing to show cancer patients in a different light, all they want is to be treated normally, but again, maybe the writers are showing it too casually in this show. Especially after today and Manvi's hair. It hasn't even been a month and her hair's back already? (PS: Nia looked so adorable, gosh she just reminds me of Anjali from KKHH - our Nia is honestly Kajol!)

Whatever Nia did with the bald cap, kudos to her for that, but overall it's just another way of the show portraying that their behaviour towards the cancer is indeed half hearted. In terms of the Virman wedding, I'm hundred percent for it. Like I said, the show is medically and abomination but emotionally, wow, just wow! Why shouldn't a person marry the one they love? It really does make you put your own life into perspective, put your own self into that position. It's a bold step and I commend the CVs for that, but the one thing I've always felt about the Virman LS was that it's been too rushed from the beginning. Everything's happening too soon which has just messed the show up even more. In the short term, yes, the story does move forward but in the long run, things stop making sense.
delete1234 thumbnail

Originally posted by: misaki

hey good post wud have nevr realised all this if it werent fr this..
well hopefully cvs dont mess it up!

again good post!

Hey thanks :) Well we can only hope, but my faith in the CVs is rock bottom.

Originally posted by: ashy924

excellent post, very well written.👍🏼

Thank you :)

Originally posted by: Deepanwita

awesome post dear

keep it up

Hey thanks for commenting and reading :)
delete1234 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Pj-

Knowledge is a powerful weapon if used correctly and gaining knowledge on complex issues is something we all wish we had an understanding. Education is key to that issues with it be in school or through different mediums. Tv is a great medium often to infuse drama but also see medical sides of it. They shown a lumbar puncture when Maanvi was in Mumbai to see the effectiveness of treatment as well as her blood counts. Now if they had presented that correctly it would have brilliant. I first didn't get why they were doing it, as it was not made clear why and that also treatment as be given through spinal taps.     

There are instances where the CVs do present something new to the audience, and people do commend that. I can still remember all the posts and topics created about that procedure - the light in the Mumbai track. People were shocked as well as impressed by the portrayal of the procedure, as well as the emotional aspect of the hospital scene. Now that is what people will remember about the show - the way they did try and go the extra mile to show something as accurately as possible (despite the fact there were some blaring no-no's in that scene) and that is where I personally believe the show excels. The greater the realism, the greater the connection with the audience and therefore the greater the opportunity to thrive on that emotional bond. The show lives by it's emotions, and if only they could exploit the cancer aspect the best they could. People complain that if they do do it realistically, then people won't like it, they won't watch but both the TRPs and audience feedback has shown that this is what people want to see - they want to see the different and the real.

We all agree that the medical side of this show had been a letdown. We see the same thing in every show, people can predict what will happen. Star's nayi soch was just a gimmick to rebrand themselves. They ideas start of new but end up the same. Unfortunately they forget it's the difference in story that people remember. If you churn out the same old thing the stories tend to blur into one. 

As unique as the show is, all the little bits I've seen elsewhere. The cancer aspect really isn't unique within desi TV. Kasuati Zindagi Ki and Sneha's 'cancer' to Suhana's suspected brain cancer in Sasural Ghenda Phool. The two sisters is like in every other drama there is, the Jaiswal baddy track - need I explain :L Swamz being the greater influence in Viren's life than his mother is a mirroring of Akbar from Jodha Akbar. Same as this choice between Manvi and the baby - it's taken from Sophie's Choice where Sophie has to decided which child she must send off to their death in the Nazi concentration camps. There's nothing unique in the plot, but the way they deal with it all. They need a extra push to make everything different which I think can be done by taking the issues the choose to handle a bit more seriously than they are now. Unless, like you said, they want to fade into the shadows of obscurity.

TheMelody. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Fantastic post :) wish there were more sensible posts like yours in the forum, Sabeeha. I agree with everything you've said but it's sad that the CVs are not taking Cancer as seriously as we are. This cancer track has so much potential, it sucks to see that potential slowly fading away. A little research into Manvi's disease can help them create history because only then EHM would be a show like none other. I'm just here hoping they start taking it seriously. About the abortion track... I have strong doubts that they'd show Jeevika aborting the child for Manvi? Like many said, it would be highly controversial and bring about way too many ethical and moral issues. Pretty sure CVs wouldn't want to complicate things to such an extent. Plus I doubt viewers would agree to it as the child will be at no fault, and personally I don't think this track can be justified no matter how the portrayal.
-Sara. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Amazing post + well written!
zulfy_135 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
well said:) lovely post..loved it
delete1234 thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheMelody.

Fantastic post :) wish there were more sensible posts like yours in the forum, Sabeeha. I agree with everything you've said but it's sad that the CVs are not taking Cancer as seriously as we are. This cancer track has so much potential, it sucks to see that potential slowly fading away. A little research into Manvi's disease can help them create history because only then EHM would be a show like none other. I'm just here hoping they start taking it seriously. About the abortion track... I have strong doubts that they'd show Jeevika aborting the child for Manvi? Like many said, it would be highly controversial and bring about way too many ethical and moral issues. Pretty sure CVs wouldn't want to complicate things to such an extent. Plus I doubt viewers would agree to it as the child will be at no fault, and personally I don't think this track can be justified no matter how the portrayal.

Hey thanks :)

It's really puzzled me from day one on how the writers of a show can pick such a sensitive topic and then not do it justice at all. It's not really a new and mysterious topic - there are millions upon millions of people out there suffering and is it really such a hard thing to show them some dignity by staying true to their illness. It's sad isn't it? I really can't comprehend if the typical Indian audience actually feeds off the typical saas bahu crap. Are people that stuck in their ways so that they can't embrace the new or is it the creators of the show, scared to take that step forward. 

I understand the argument and I really want to believe it that they really won't do it just because of all the endless issues stemming from it, but my head tells me that somewhere they just don't care. What they've done with the cancer issue is no way justifiable by any means, it's ridiculous to an absolutely outrageous extent and people don't complain anymore because we've come to expect this from CVs. So the same way, my brain's telling me that the writers really don't care about any moral or ethical crap they stir up because as long as they get the TRPs and the views, then what else matters? I hope, hope, hope what you said does come true, but the promo today kinda pushed me towards the other route slightly.

The abortion aspect itself is entirely controversial; different people see it different ways. The mainstream conservative Indian audience, in my opinion, wouldn't agree, which kinda supports the CVs in not going down this track, but I dunno, only time can tell what exactly the CVs have got planned. The promo: Manvi will do anything for the child vs Jeevika doing anything for Manvi or was it just to emphasise Manvi over the child for Jeevika?

Thanks for the reply :]
delete1234 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -SaruuKaSh-

Amazing post + well written!

Thanks for reading :]

Originally posted by: zulfy_135

well said:) lovely post..loved it

Hey thanks for commenting :]
Edited by sabeeha - 11 years ago
TheMelody. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sabeeha

Hey thanks :)

It's really puzzled me from day one on how the writers of a show can pick such a sensitive topic and then not do it justice at all. It's not really a new and mysterious topic - there are millions upon millions of people out there suffering and is it really such a hard thing to show them some dignity by staying true to their illness. It's sad isn't it? I really can't comprehend if the typical Indian audience actually feeds off the typical saas bahu crap. Are people that stuck in their ways so that they can't embrace the new or is it the creators of the show, scared to take that step forward. 

I understand the argument and I really want to believe it that they really won't do it just because of all the endless issues stemming from it, but my head tells me that somewhere they just don't care. What they've done with the cancer issue is no way justifiable by any means, it's ridiculous to an absolutely outrageous extent and people don't complain anymore because we've come to expect this from CVs. So the same way, my brain's telling me that the writers really don't care about any moral or ethical crap they stir up because as long as they get the TRPs and the views, then what else matters? I hope, hope, hope what you said does come true, but the promo today kinda pushed me towards the other route slightly.

The abortion aspect itself is entirely controversial; different people see it different ways. The mainstream conservative Indian audience, in my opinion, wouldn't agree, which kinda supports the CVs in not going down this track, but I dunno, only time can tell what exactly the CVs have got planned. The promo: Manvi will do anything for the child vs Jeevika doing anything for Manvi or was it just to emphasise Manvi over the child for Jeevika?

Thanks for the reply :]

Not sure if you've watched 'Dill Mill Gayye', CV's previous show, but they did mess with all the medical stuff in that too, with numerous bloopers. My point is, instead of learning from their mistakes CVs have just carried on - Manvi who is supposedly suffering from Cancer gets her hair back within days and that too SO healthy and long? :\ Give me a break. One of the worst bloopers I've ever seen in any show. I just can't seem to accept it, hence why I haven't bothered watching yesterday's episode yet.

My mother watches a lot of the saas bahu crap, trust me! I often ask her why? And she once said it herself 'every show has the same saas bahu drama, there's nothing new any show!' [in my language :p] so I firmly believe it's the creators who are scared to think of something innovative, not the viewers who've just gotten used to it over the years. 

Ethical and moral issues NEED to be considered... I would be pissed off to no extent if they didn't keep them in mind! Unfortunately I see a possibility of the abortion track. :\ Not sure what I think of the promo yet, but what did you think?   
Edited by TheMelody. - 11 years ago