Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JulieD thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

I understand Vikram's position. Right now he is torn about what to do and in his position, I would be doing the same.

The honourable thing to do is tell Sugni the truth. But I think Vikram is still in shock. He thought that his wife was dead and he  announced to the village that he is about to remarry and then out of no where Dhanuma calls him to RM and shows him that his wife is in fact alive. The same night he gets the biggest shock of his life, his would-be mother-in-law sees him and questions him about RM while he is now digesting the fact that his fiance was almost burned alive.

The poor guy needs a break!! After all the promises he made to Sugni, he doesn't know what to do except that he doesn't want to lose her. But with her mother breathing down his neck {Like any mother should} he is just under pressure.
-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5
Tell the truth. If I was in a bad marriage and really loved someone else, I would tell him the truth for a number of reasons.

Trust - If I don't trust him to stay with me through thick and thin, only then would I be compelled to lie. BY lying, I betray his trust as well as fail to trust him.

Love & Understanding - If there was true love between the two of us, he would understand. If he fails to understand then I would've lost him already without any further future for us.

Strength & Moral fiber - To be my partner a man would have to be really strong. If he isn't, he has no business being in my life anyway.

Last and not the least - how could I get any happiness in life knowing full well that I'm deceiving all those who love me and those who love my partner. That way I'll always live in fear and lose my own sanity. Truth is a great liberator.
Kalapi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I could tell the truth...seriously I would, TVS isn't a teenager and he knows what is right from wrong...can the basis of marriage be a lie??? Edited by Kalapi - 11 years ago
suresh555 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Vikram is only digging his own grave by continue to lie. And now, he has decided to keep lying further, just because his dramatic query on what Sugni would do if Gulabia was right provided Sugni's equally dramatic answer that she will die if Gulabia proved right.

So lets see, for weeks now how many times have we seen

Gulabia in a James bond role
Jiji and her insults to Sugni
Sugni-VS and o re piya playing in the background
Mamas and mamis greed ki barsaat
Vikram-Gulabia showdowns
and the latest Riva begum, her paintings and tantrums

croziaxx thumbnail
 some time in the life is easy to say truth but hard to bear it.. and very difficult to live life with harsh reality... 
in this case if vik tell truth he will be relax and relief.. but what about sug.. for her this will be demolition  of her all dream and faith.. 
 if i was his place i could tell every thing to her. after all this whatever happens... happens... atleast.. my conscience would have not any burden...further..     
carljung thumbnail
i would try to find a way to get out of first marriage after providing everythng necessary for first wife and then after marry my love telling my love i m a divorcee. Would have used every possible way to get d divorce though it may sound cruel but for love would have given divorce.
-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5
In this case it is very easy for Vikram to get divorce on grounds of wife's insanity. But he doesn't want to divorce his wife or tell Sugni the truth either - it's a case of having your cake and eating it too.

He's telling everyone that they should respect Sugni, but what he's doing to her will destroy her self-respect and destroy her forever. Not love in my dictionary.
Kalapi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chitrashi

In this case it is very easy for Vikram to get divorce on grounds of wife's insanity. But he doesn't want to divorce his wife or tell Sugni the truth either - it's a case of having your cake and eating it too.

He's telling everyone that they should respect Sugni, but what he's doing to her will destroy her self-respect and destroy her forever. Not love in my dictionary.

Exactly Chitrashi, TVS love (without divorcing his first wife and coming out clean himself) only degrads Sugni further. As Gulabiya said, why can't TVS just tell the truth and does Sugni's Sar dhakai, because in essence, if he marries her without divorcing his first wife, he is doing exactly what Sugni doesn't want to happen to her...

Originally posted by: Kalapi

Exactly Chitrashi, TVS love (without divorcing his first wife and coming out clean himself) only degrads Sugni further. As Gulabiya said, why can't TVS just tell the truth and does Sugni's Sar dhakai, because in essence, if he marries her without divorcing his first wife, he is doing exactly what Sugni doesn't want to happen to her...

i thought i was the only one thinking lyk dat..hehe๐Ÿ˜†, totally agree with u guys.. what kind of love is dis which is based on lies and vikram is making his relationship by breaking a mother-daughter bond..i really feel sorry for gulabyia...sugni chooses love over her mother, dat was so heart wrenching.. .ideally vikram shd divorce his wife and tell abt his wife...if he told her truthfully, sugni wud have understood him, but telling lies will make him pay in future, sugni will never trust him again...
pyar-ishk thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome post Sara post

It's not hard to imagine being in Vik shoes cause we've all been there maybe not as extreme as Vik but we've all lied. Lies are like poison once you say it out your mouth it take's a life of is own. I remember failing a course and instead of telling my parents I hid the truth from them cause I didn't want to hear I told you so or have things taken from me as punishment. My fear out weigh my conscious. I succeeded after keeping a vigil on the mailman and intercepted the letter before my parents saw it. Like TVS luck wasn't on my side cause after six months my mom meet my teacher and learn how I failed and made of up the credit. Even though I got in  trouble but was so relieve when it finally came out. ๐Ÿ˜†

"Guilt is perhaps the most painful companion of death."

That is TVS state of mind right now he is dying slowly cause he's telling one lie after the other to hide the last lied he told earlier. Vikram has put in himself in a corner where there is no turning back even if he wanted to so the best thing right now it's for that secret to come out on it's own he's never going to say it and in the mean time his will eat at him every moment.

I don't agree TVS is having his cake and eating it too. Where is it written that people don't lie to people they love? Humans being always hurt the ones you love the most it isn't intentional but something things aren't in your control and you have to either find a solution or let it take it course and pray for the best.

I keep seeing  this word Divorce, but we're forgetting TVS is a Thakur not an ordinary man. These people are bind by code of honor that there WORD is suppose to mean something. We also don't know if divorce is even something that can be done in there society. TVS never betrayed his vows while his wife was alive and we can't punished him for falling in love a year after his wife supposing death. TVS has given Vachans before finding out his wife is alive what is he suppose to do with those promises when things are happening to fast and out of his control. There is no denying TVS lie has caused a relation to break and is wrong but this wasn't premeditated but due to circumstances this lie has cause more damage then he ever anticipated.

True love doesn't mean you stop being a human being, if that was the case you'll be Angel living in heaven and not down here on earth.

Edited by pyar-ishk - 11 years ago