Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

marvelous.malks thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
haha this is an interesting topic indeed! 😆

Well, I suppose that once someone is married they have their OWN family, and responsibilities which makes them more mature in front of people. 😕 Then people are also like they are gonna have kids...ect ect. 😆 😕
not_perfect thumbnail
well the intensionz behind the uncle aunti ji thing arent bad so why u so worked up bout it lol u just dont wanna get old lol itz ur insecurities tht are playin with ur head not the aunti uncle thing lol!!!!!!!!!
Athena90 thumbnail
😆 😆 topic still going strong!

with minnie and her experience, javz, ms BB, aparna... LOL!

but yh it is embarrasing being called aunty when ur young. but once ur married then ur an aunty thats it! and well, the rule of above 30 is great. i use it too!
greatmaratha thumbnail
Interesting topic indeed.

The first time I met a colleugues two year old daughter, I was just 20 or so, out of college and completely against the Uncle Aunty thingy and this lil girl comes and calls me Aunty. For two minutes, it was completely comical, with me not even looking at the poor child not realising she is calling out to me. Soon, I got her into the habit of calling me by name! much to the chagrin of her parents. 😆   

Two years later, my neice was born and amongst the first words she uttered before she turned one was my name. Since then, I have done my best to make her call me Aunty 😳   but she just refuses to do that and nwo I am stuck with 7 neices and nephews calling me by an abbreviation of my first name 😆

Dont know why, but the thrill of becoming an Aunt and having the lil devil calling me Aunt was just a wonderful feeling and though I was still young and not married, and not wearing make up, I yearned for her to call me Aunt 😳
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
😆 😆 😆 Priya......this indeed is turning out to be the cliched dilli ke ladooo....always there when U don't want thesweet and never there when U really really want it 😆 😆 😆
muqualp thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
lol priya

very nice topic... according to me if a person want me to call them aunty/uncle i call them that other wise i get bashed by them for making them look to old! 😆
syrene thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ms. Bholi Bhali

lol

nahian, See when u get married, ur rank gets higher. and so you should be given the respect coz of ur high rank.

So with all the jewellary and makeup, a kid thinks that u are a Aunty, thats ok. but a unmarried girl with zero makeup and no jewellary is called a Aunty then its bad really bad!!!

See u are married, I don't call u Aunty, I call u Di. and Esti Aunty ko Aunty kehtye hain. It all Depends on ur age and the age of the person u are calling Aunty or Uncle.

😛

Its absolutely cool and ok if kids are calling married people aunty and uncle but what bugs me is when folks who are not kids do that...for eg why should an 18yr old call a 21yr old "uncle"or "aunty" just because they are married? beats me....
Athena90 thumbnail
ermm easy way out (yes something i use everyday) just don't call the person anything. Address them by just 'you' or 'aap' during a conversation or just 'ermmmm' or 'excuse me' when starting a convo.... easy 😳

ok be direct, ask them.. 'how do i address u'.. i've actually done that cause this newly married couple moved into my condo and the lady is arnd 24 or smt.. so i asked her 'do u want me to call u aunty or di' and she laughed and told me to call her by her name! 😳 😳 😳 problem solved! 😃
MNMS thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~LiL*PrInCeZ~

yea you people in your 30s are the annoying bunch..lol...us teens dont go around causing trouble...it is you people in your 30s 😆 😆 😆

people in their late or mid 30s are uncles and aunties (preity aunty is not an exception to this rule..look at maryam and tanaz di's siggy...i didnt have room and i cant farewell to my pesky teen siggy 😭)and of course those older are uncles and aunties by default.
people in thier 20s are di/bhaiya. everyone younger is only thier name

now the trouble comes with the people in their early 30s...they arent di/bhaiya cuz they are about twice my age...but they think they are still 21 so they dont want to be uncle/aunty either 😆 😆 ..it is with such people that i use minnie di's rule....or i call them whatever their kids call my parents 😉

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ,my JAvs Dadi😭....I was thinking why didn't u change ur siggy..aahhh well.... never mind😉

THIS IS A GA TOPIC..............DON'T TELL ME 😲😲😲..things are leaking outside DM.... eeeeeeeeeee😕😆😆... I need a hide-out place!!!😆

I am 100% on my Javs dadi side.. its not us teens... its the people with early 30's ....😆..so its no use just blaming teens... buffie is right..teens blamings quite easy so we innocent people are targeted evry now and then😭....😛

MNMS thumbnail

Originally posted by: s.priya

Two years later, my neice was born and amongst the first words she uttered before she turned one was my name. Since then, I have done my best to make her call me Aunty 😳   but she just refuses to do that and nwo I am stuck with 7 neices and nephews calling me by an abbreviation of my first name 😆

Tragic point....... SAME THING HERE!!!!!😕😆😛

U know... when i was 11 .. my lil niece was around 1.5-2 yrs old.. and she used to tease me by calling me by my home-nick.... and i used to get furious and tried to tell her "Plz call me khala!!😆" .. and that naught girl never listen.. and now she callls me khala and i say.. ok u r my chachi.😆...naani ... and aunty..(To tease her sometimes😆).. Ha ha .. naughty me!!!..

Thankfully my siblings have taught their children to call me khala ..so it is more of a respect😉.. but now im stuck.. 😕.. i mean... if i and my eldest niece stand side by side... no body is able to tell abt our relationship.. and when she calls me khala .. well its good as i am habitual.. but im just in teenz😕... so ... so ... soo .. ahhhhhhhhhhhh.. errrrrrrr ... grrrrrrrrrr ... that's all i can say!!!😆😆😆