Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: -sylph-

TFS Vijay:)

MID issue is a real big problem, have seen few attack member's using MID's, few repeat same set of posts to get to their point.

Me being in CS field just wanted to say that restricting MID's as per IP address is nt enough, its very easy to change IP address specially if ur using LINUX. How about even checking for gateway address or the DNS name or any other info to restrict MIDs.

Well its great to hear that you are in CS field.

However here is the thing that restricting through IP limits and takes care of 90% of the problem. The remaining 10% who will try to register / make new posts do it through proxy servers we are working on building a database of all the available public/anonymous proxies.
vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sano88

So does this mean no one can make more than 1 account from the same IP address? ๐Ÿ˜• And What if 2-3 persons from the same house wants to make an account on IF? Will it not work?๐Ÿค”

Well its rare that all the members of the family decides to join I-F the same day. So if its a genuine case they wont have a problem in normal situations.
VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Thanks Vijay bhaiya,

Its really a good news and it shall get rid of all those spammers. Really tired of seeing them keep opening new posts every now and then and their usual 'Who was that lady in today's segment?', 'Twisted story today' and etc. I shall now save my time trashing those posts ๐Ÿ˜Š
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: vijay

In order to fight the spammers to the site we have implemented IP restrictions to not allow new account creation from the same IP within a certain time range.

• To control the Link Spam we are implementing a 10 posts per day limit for Newbies.

These are good rules!๐Ÿ‘ They will not only stop those spammers who are posting random ads on IF but also the MIDs members create to comment on their favorite celebrity's profile.

I have one more suggestion.

Could you form a rule that says that if a member does not use his/her account to comment on posts, they lose the right to comment on TB articles? I know it sounds unfair, but so many people create MIDs to comment on celebrities' profiles and they don't make posts in the forum lest they are found out. This way, it will prevent many MIDs from achieving their purpose.

I think members should have 100 posts before being allowed to comment on TB articles or celebrities' profiles.
JugniPH thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
thanks VB for the changes. esp for the one taken for MIDS. thanks a lot
Unpredictable thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanku sir but i m bit confuse r these recent changes applied to only Drashti's fanclub, articles nd fans? Bcz after these new rules only her comments decreased. Thought to ask u... Plz clearify๐Ÿ˜Š
Armu4eva thumbnail
Way to go... Vijay sir... this MID thing is much needed.. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

MIDs have been a big problem and it has come to our attention that there are a few groups which works in a co-ordinated way to game the system. So we would be deleting such MIDs accounts and all the related posts / comments made through such accounts.
vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: Unpredictable

Thanku sir but i m bit confuse r these recent changes applied to only Drashti's fanclub, articles nd fans? Bcz after these new rules only her comments decreased. Thought to ask u... Plz clearify๐Ÿ˜Š

Well it is applicable to all the fanclubs. And if there have been a decrease in any of the fanclubs then be sure that we have enough reasons to believe that they were MIDs / Spammers.

Regards,
Vijay
felicitysmoak. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Thank u sooo much Vijay sir this was needed :) MID's have been such a problem and I'm glad the problem has been sorted out :)
Firebolt thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Hey Vijay, thanks for the new rules! These will help a great deal, esp the one where an ID from the same IP can't be created in a short span.