Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vish.naren thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
wow! good job...! i hope this reduces the spam! especially the ones created by site owners which advertise the links! 
Shru77 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Thanx...!! Plzz look in celebrities ranking system... Drashti Dhami's comments were deleted...
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Thanks for the efforts. This will control the spam in a large way. One suggestion is pls restrict MIDs from sending PMs till they make a certain number of posts. We get some unsolicited PMs(p0rn or hate PMs) from these newbie ids with 0 posts which can be avoided. They can be banned if their IP is tracked.

Edited by -ksh- - 11 years ago
vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Babycakes-

Buh dont u think that it wud be unfair on those who haven't created MIDs and are just new people wanting to join the forums and have healthy discussions that they are only limited to 10 posts a day?

I dont think it will be unfair to them also as normally we have noticed that Newbies involvement on the forums is a gradual one and not like on the first day itself they start posting several posts. So for many it wont be an issue. And this will impact spammers as they dont have that much of patience and want to just post hundreds of posts on the first day itself.

And moreover these limitations are just going to remain till they are a Newbie.

Cheers,
Vijay
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
So does this mean no one can make more than 1 account from the same IP address? 😕 And What if 2-3 persons from the same house wants to make an account on IF? Will it not work?🤔
Yum_SR thumbnail
thanks vijay bhai
 the biggest problem on IF is bashing, hope it will solve this problem
Reenatyzed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

all rules r good but 10 posts per day for niewbie is not fair for new comers

.Jazz. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

I wud like to ask somethin, you said multipple ids with same IP address wont be allowed, but what if we are two sisters who use the same computer,😆 i think it wud have the same IP address right?? Will it affect our accounts in any way?

Thankyou in advance!
PriyaLove thumbnail

Thank you for this. Spammers have dramatically increased and it is very frustrating to this. The new changes you have implemented will surely help with this.

I have only one concern about your last change.
'To control link spam we are implementing a ten posts per day limit for Newbies.'

Although this no longer applies to me I do not agree with it. As a Newbie they will want to join in discussion and make themselves known in the forum and this will surely restrict them. Yes, it will help to prevent link spam but will also but a limit to how quickly these Newbies can grow their reputation on IF. 

Thank you for making these changes but do listen this concern of mine and judging by other comments on the thread some other peoples.
Preeti.xo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: vijay

I dont think it will be unfair to them also as normally we have noticed that Newbies involvement on the forums is a gradual one and not like on the first day itself they start posting several posts. So for many it wont be an issue. And this will impact spammers as they dont have that much of patience and want to just post hundreds of posts on the first day itself.

And moreover these limitations are just going to remain till they are a Newbie.

Cheers,
Vijay

Fair enough and i do agree to an extent that newbies are hesitant in posting when they join, gradually they'll start to post n get involved in discussions more.

Hopefully this will lessen the amount of unnecessary threads that are made n all.

Thank u for replying to me VB n sorting out this MIDs issue