Is Prachi Desai 'Me Me' Getting On Your Nerve

Rockyy_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Outsiders are not taken seriously in Bollywood: Prachi Desai
IANS
Mumbai, July 04, 2012

Prachi Desai is one of the few outsiders who have managed to make it big in filmdom. But the actress, who hopes to do 25 films in future, says it is not so easy for such people to get first break in Bollywood. "I feel that the industry can be unfair sometimes. When you are an outsider, people don't take you seriously. I personally think you need an extreme push for people to promote you and bring you to a certain level," the 23-year-old told IANS.

The young actress, who started her career as the lead in TV show Kasamh Se, made her Bollywood debut opposite Farhan Akhtar in Rock On!!. She was then seen in Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai, in which she was paired with Emraan Hashmi, and also was in the cast of recently released Teri Meri Kahaani.

Her next is Rohit Shetty's Bol Bachchan. Coming out Friday, the comedy will see her playing Ajay Devgn's sister who is an educated and modern girl. The film also stars Abhishek Bachchan and Asin Thottumkal in major roles.

Prachi says it is important for an actor to be ambitious.

"Every actor has to be ambitious, otherwise you can't survive in the industry. Every small little thing can completely bog you down. I am ambitious, but I am not over-ambitious. I know things that I can do and things that I can't. I am hoping for this year to be a great year," she said.

As far as future projects are concerned, Prachi has teamed up with John Abraham in debutant director Kapil Sharma's "I Me Aur Mein".

When asked where she sees herself five years from now, she said: "Five years down the line, I hope that I do at least 25 films. I would love to work with Farhan as a director. He is also one of my favourite directors because of 'Dil Chahta Hai'. I want to work with Rohit Shetty again. I am hoping to do a film with Ajay (Devgn) because I haven't been paired with him."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

She looks best with Farhan.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Prachi has always got on my nerves. But then this 'me me me' is the usual drill all actors do before a movie release. Hence you see Ajay Devgan and Rohit Shetty trashing critics as in 2 days times critics will be trashing them. Then you see Jr B droning on about Aaradhya and the rest of his family and Asin speaking about her 100 Cr hits where her contribution was non-existent. So I guess even Prachi can keep speaking about her non-existent A list star status.
chocobear thumbnail
She always got on my nerves. Thats the reason i never watched any of her films
lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i like prachi .. and i am happy that she is getting roles in films with popular and successful actors or directors ...

however ,  would like it if she gets better and more substantial roles in future .. and proves herself in them...

only thing that is beginning to irritate me (or should i say , make me go "oh oh , not again 🥱 " ) is how she continuously brings up her age in every damn interview of hers ...

and , i dont find her that good in bol bacchhan promos ..  like in that nach le song she has this same "blank smiling expression" throughout ..
i liked her better in the promos of her previous films like Once upon a time in mumbai ...

ohkkaaayy .. so i guess my post has turned out to be like some disconnected ramble ... 
Edited by lunza - 11 years ago
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
typical..many virgos are like that..barring a few
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: lunza

i like prachi .. and i am happy that she is getting roles in films with popular and successful actors or directors ...

however ,  would like it if she gets better and more substantial roles in future .. and proves herself in them...

only thing that is beginning to irritate me (or should i say , make me go "oh oh , not again 🥱 " ) is how she continuously brings up her age in every damn interview of hers ...

and , i dont find her that good in bol bacchhan promos ..  like in that nach le song she has this same "blank smiling expression" throughout ..
i liked her better in the promos of her previous films like Once upon a time in mumbai ...

ohkkaaayy .. so i guess my post has turned out to be like some disconnected ramble ... 

Oh ya the age factor. She has been speaking about her youth, young age and achievements at a young age for years now. But I am glad that finally after so many years of remaining 18 she has agreed to cross 20 for now.
MysticAura thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

bhagwan deta hai toh deta chappar phaad ke...Ms desai has surely gotten too big fr her shoes...i too never liked her,she never really graduated from the tv world..her diction,expressions r just d same as it was on tv..wearing 'chic' clothes n doing a couple of photoshoots wont buy her expressions...shes pretty boring...thumbs down.👎🏼

lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: -ksh-

Oh ya the age factor. She has been speaking about her youth, young age and achievements at a young age for years now. But I am glad that finally after so many years of remaining 18 she has agreed to cross 20 for now.

actually from whatever interviews i have followed of her .. she has been truthful about her age .. right from the kasamh se days ... 
but she has always had this .. uh .. tendency to go - "oh , i am only 17.."
"oh , i am only 18 ..." ... "oh , i am just 20 .."  "oh , i am very young" ... "oh , i am just 21.."

she keeps emphasizing her age or how young she is again and again in nearly interview ... 
it didnt irritate me in the beginning .. bcuz well.. she did do ks and rock on when she was still in her teens ... but now  she is like .. i guess 24 years old .. and in the same age bracket as lots of other actresses ... and she still goes on and on about it...
Edited by lunza - 11 years ago
the Article is getting on my nerve

i like Prachi 

ME ME belongs to BEBO lolz 
Edited by karaan10 - 11 years ago