Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anuradha thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: Qwest

I will send you an PM and will discuss that issue.

Sure dada, would really like to discuss with you on that issue.. PM me when you are free
biswita thumbnail
I was delighted to know that Ya Ali gets the first spot.
pradip200 thumbnail
House of Lords in the Royal Court Palace of Westminster hosted the Global Assamese convention to focus on Assam and its heritage on Friday 17 December, 2004.

This meeting will act as a curtain raiser to the North East NRI convention to be held at Assam Engineering Institute Field, Chandmari Field, Guwahati on 11 to 12 January 2005 organised by NECCI (North East Chamber of Commerce & Industry).

FROM L: Mira Bora, Garima Garg, Dr. Dharani Bora, Rini Kakati, Zubeen Garg and Utpal Borah from Philladelphia, USA celebrated Christmas party at China Town in Leicester Square.

Lord Adom of Blackburn, Baroness Flather, Lord Nazir of Rotherham and Lady Helen have organised this meeting and invited today's Youth Icon, Zubeen Garg from Assam. There was a display of Assamese arts and crafts by Garima Garg which was appreciated by the dignitaries.

Mr. Satyabrata Pal, Deputy High Commissioner of India, Mr. R. Bagchi, Minister of Co-ordination for High Commissioner of India, Mr. Ajay Sharma, Director of India Tourism, Mr. Amit Roy, well- known journalist from The Daily Telegraph, Mrs. Paula Chatterjee, another journalist from Asian Voice, Mr. Chewang Phusog, Minister for High Commissioner of India and Policy Adviser of Asian Affairs, Mr. Atma Singh spoke about the richness of North East India specially Assam and the importance of showcasing the cultural diversity of Assam in UK as well as bringing together the investor of both countries.
Utpal Borah from Philladelphia, USA came all the way to see Zubeen's Concert in UK.

The cultural function was held the next day on Saturday 18 December, 2004 at Copland Technology Centre in Wembley. The main attraction of this evening was today's Youth Icon, Zubeen Garg and his band. Mrs. Malabika Barua greeted Zubeen with a typical Assamese Gamosa. The function was organised by Rini Kakati in collaboration with Asian communities in London.

Zubeen started his performance by his great song "Majuli Majuli" dedicated to our cherished island. He also sang in Hindi, Bengali and Assamese song. Zubeen mesmerised the audience with his popular Bihu songs and the audience joined in and dance.

The vote of thanks was offered by Mr. Rajinder Chopra, President of Hindu Samaj. He said that music has no boundaries and added that Zubeen's voice and music is second to none.

In her welcome speech, Rini Kakati thanked the staff and the audience for their invaluable
co-orperation and assistance specially to the crew of Zee TV for their full coverage of the programme.

pradip200 thumbnail

A jail inmate releases Zubeen's (second from right) new album

Music, they say, is the best balm for troubled souls. Popular singer Zubeen Garg proved it today by holding the inmates of Guwahati Central Jail in thrall during an hour-long performance.

"I wanted to send out a message that we do not need jails in society. This can only happen if we have a crime-free society," said Zubeen.

Zubeen's new album, Jantra (Machine), was released by the oldest inmate of the jail, Maheswar Kalita, in the presence of an audience of over 700.

Another singer, Manas Rabin, entertained the jail inmates at the same function, which was organised under the banner of N.K. Productions.

"We wanted to do something different this time," said Deba Borkotoky, one of the organisers.

Borkotoky said the jail inmates had long been wanting to meet and listen to Zubeen. "We could not manage the programme last year because of security reasons. We are planning to send copies of our previous music albums to the jail inmates."

On Jantra, an album of modern Assamese songs, Borkotoky said: "It is about the mechanical life of man in the contemporary world. It is about how man has no time for himself these days."

Sound & Silence selects CAD VX2 dual valve microphone

Sound & Silence a studio recently operational in Mumbai and owned by Zubeen Garg boasts of a dual valve mi-crophone model VX2 designed by CAD USA.
   The first sale of the VX2 in India was achieved by its Indian distributors Set-ron India Pvt. Ltd., owned by Naresh Dhawan.

Zubeen Garg who had surfed the net and zeroed down on CAD says, ''I don't know how to compare mics but it sounds FAT and WARM compared to the Neumann U-87. I knew about CAD mics and searched a lot on the net to check the specification and decided to buy one. I liked the colour and uncon-ventional looks as well."
   Zubeen Garg a musician from Assam started professionally in 1993. Initially after learning the Tabla, he later on started singing and focused on music direction.
   With more than 3000 songs in Assamese language to his credit and music rendered for about 16 Assamese movies and Daag (Assamese) his favou-rite, he has sung in films like Kaante, Fiza, Mudda and some new films yet to be released.
   Zubeen Garg informs, ''I have also sung a few songs for Dance Masti 1.2.3 albums produced by Farhad Wadia whose music is composed by Ehsaan & Loy. Currently I am setting up my own studio in Mumbai, which should be operational by end July and doing a HinDI project, which is totally based on North East Folk Music in Mumbai by March 2004.''

Edited by pradip200 - 17 years ago
pradip200 thumbnail

ZUBEEN / WRAP

# HAS SUNG MORE THAN 7000 SONGS TILL DATE.

# STARRES IN 3 REGIONAL FILMS.

# WAS THE EXECUTIVE PRODUCER,MUSIC,DIRECTOR & ACTOR IN ASSAMESE FILM,"DINOBANDHU" THAT WON THE NATIONAL AWARD IN THE YEAR 2005.
# HAS COMPOSED THE MUSIC FOR THE BENGALI FILM " SHUDHU TUMI ",HE BAGGED THE B F J A AWARD FOR THAT SCORING THE MUSIC OF " SUDHU TUMI" THAT STARRED KOEL & PROSENJIT.

# UPCOMING HINDI MOVIE SONGS WITH THE MIVIES " PYAAR KE SIDE EFFECT","WOH LAMHE","DEKHO MIL GAYA".

pradip200 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ticks

Zubeen Garg gave a different feel to Ya ali. he rocks in the song.

Had never noticed him before. But Love the guy now.
In Strings too he has done well.. 👏 👏
Hope he gets great success in Bollywood.

Thanks
Qwest thumbnail
Rising star Zubeen
Utpal Borpujari
Zubeen Garg can sing not only in Assamese but in various other tribal languages like Bodo, Mishing, Karbi, Tiwa, Deuri and Rabha.

A couple of years ago, he was riding high on the success of Jaane Kya Hoga Rama Re from Sanjay Gupta's Kaante and is now is high on the charts through Ya Ali from Anuraag Basu's Gangster, but Assamese Gen-X singing superstar Zubeen Garg has much bigger plans ahead. From playback singing and music direction to acting and film direction, the slight-framed singer with a powerful voice has lot of plans up his sleeve.

Zubeen, shuffling constantly between Mumbai and Assam, is right now awaiting the release of Sanjay Jha's Strings, the first English/Hindi film he has composed music for after composing music for over 20 Assamese films and one Bengali film, apart from releasing around 40 of his own albums and numerous others where he has sung in his native tongue.

The film, typically to Zubeen's musical aims, has songs that have a strong influence of Assamese folk music, though it is set in the backdrop of the Nashik Kumbh Mela. "We have such rich folk traditions in North-East India, but nobody outside knows about them. I have got plans to take them to the world, including through an English album that will have Assamese folk sounds," he says.

Niche is what he is aiming at, as he is working at promoting sounds from Assam and the rest of the North-East even while building up his playback career in the Hindi film industry. For example, he participated in a musical project called Bhoomi, with the Salim-Sulaiman duo coordinating singers from various parts of the country. He worked with A R Rahman too in the background score of Dil Se, which had a theme related to Assam, and also in "Doli Saja Ke Rakhna". Since then, he has sung songs and given background vocals in films like Fiza, Kaante, Ek Hasina Thi, Mudda, Garv, Chupke Se and Brides Wanted even while singing in a large number of remix albums, especially those created by his close friend and music arranger Jatin Sarma.

That he is versatile is beyond doubt – he has sung a song in the Tamil film Kutthu as well as in a Telugu remix album, and even won an award for the music he composed for the Bengali film Shudhu Tumi – and Zubeen wants to take his versatility to the next level by directing films.
Edited by Qwest - 17 years ago
pradip200 thumbnail
Zubeen Garg doesn't want another Ya Ali!

One hit song and the young talented singer has become the talk of town. Apparently after Ya Ali Zubeen Garg has been roped in by all the top music directors including Anu Mallik and filmmakers like Feroz Khan for their projects. "Contrary to his image, Feroz Khan is a genuine, nice, straight forward guy. He called me directly and told me, 'I'm a great fan of your Ya Ali song. Your voice suits my film. Come and sing for me.' The recording is over and I've got my payment; it was a straight deal with him," says Garg. Besides that, Zubeen says he has been flooded with offers from filmmakers to give them similar song like Ya Ali. "It's very scary when filmmakers ask you to sing similar kinds of songs. It's a dangerous trend and once you fall into that trap, there's no coming out of it. The Ya Ali song has also changed my identity. The other day I was recording with Anu Mallik, when a recording guy came in and said, 'Mr Zubeen Ali, there's a call for you'," he laughs. The way we look at it, that's quite a compliment!

Blog: http://zubeen.bihu.in
pradip200 thumbnail
Zubeen hits high notes on podium

- Felicitation function showcases the making of a musical youth icon
A STAFF REPORTER
NSUI members felicitate Zubeen Garg at Vivekananda Kendra on Friday. Picture by S.H. Patgiri

July 21: He is the undisputed king of Assamese music. And when Zubeen Garg took the podium at the auditorium of Vivekananda Kendra here today, he showed that he is truly a youth icon. In fact, his hit number in the recent Hindi film Gangster has already turned him into one.

Few people know Zubeen up, close and personal. But his friendliness came to light at a felicitation-cum-interactive session organised by the state unit of the National Students' Union of India (NSUI).

The function was attended largely by youngsters and a few prominent personalities of the music and film fraternity. They included singer Sandhya Menon and actors Biju Phukon, Indra Bania and Chetana Das. It was organised by the NSUI to honour Zubeen on the fame he recently achieved on the tough terrain of Bollywood.

Zubeen not only obliged the cheering youngsters, singing one superhit song after another, but also spoke at length about his childhood and musical odyssey.

"Perhaps we took too long in honouring Zubeen, who has not only made a name for himself in Bollywood but has brought glory to the state through his melodious music," said NSUI state secretary Bibhuti Phukon Borthakur.

"The state has generally been known outside its borders for terrorism and other such issues. Now it has good reason to celebrate because of Zubeen's chart-buster numbers, which are on the lips of all music lovers across the country," he added.

The function was conducted by witty anchor Ashim Kaji of All India Radio, Guwahati, in his inimitable style. He succeeded in bringing the best out of the singing sensation.

"Singers are not made in a day. One has to spend hours and hours in riyaz (practice)," said Zubeen, while answering a question from actor Indra Bania on the secret of his success.

Biju Phukon showered accolades on Zubeen, describing him as a singer whose songs are loved and listened to in all parts of the country, from the small villages of Assam to Juhu beach in Mumbai.

"Music is in my blood and now I have absorbed it into my soul," said Zubeen, explaining how he got attracted to music since his childhood.

The audience cheered lustily when the singer sang his first-ever composition Gaane ki Aane, a song written by poet Hiren Bhattacharyya.

He had set the lyric of his favourite poet to music when he was just 13 years old.

Zubeen meteored to fame on the Bollywood firmament with his Ya ali number in the film Gangster by Anurag Basu.

The music industry is also showering accolades on him for his directorial venture Strings, a film in which he has introduced some folk elements of the state.

Zubeen's resounding success is evident from the fact that he has even signed eight new projects in Bollywood as a music director.

http://telegraphindia.com/1060722/asp/guwahati/story_6509393 .asp

Blog:     http://zubeen.bihu.in
Qwest thumbnail

Originally posted by: pradip200

Zubeen Garg doesn't want another Ya Ali!

Blog: http://zubeen.bihu.in

pradip, thanks for your updates.!!!!!!!!!!