Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pradip200 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Zubeen spellbinds music lovers at Octave 2006

In the backdrop of the Ministry of Tourism going full steam ahead to promote the Northeast, Octave 2006, an eight-day festival at the Pragati Maidan showcasing the region's diverse and rich heritage, couldn't have taken place at a more opportune time. Needless to say, the cultural extravaganza, flagged off by our Prime Minister Manmohan Singh himself, was a big draw from day one…………………………… Whether it was screening of award-winning films, literary symposiums, poetry reading or book and art exhibitions, the fiesta strived to touch every aspect of the beautiful region's vibrant culture and heritage. But the icing on the cake was the live performance of Zubeen Garg, popular singer from Assam, who took to the stage along with other well-known singers from the Northeast on this lovely full moon day………………………… Manali was covering the event for 'Northeast Sun' and this made it easier for me to recognise the other Northeast singers who are well-known names in their respective states. Reuben Mashangga from Manipur had everyone in splits with his humour-filled performance. Lou Majaw from Shillong rocked and his performance would have given Bon Jovi a run for his money. Even Te Tei Ralte from Mizoram, towards the fag end of the show charmed the audience……………………… But the most awaited performance of the evening was undoubtedly that of Zubeen's as 95 per cent of the gathering at the open air stadium seemed Axomiyas. Indrani's a big big fan of Zubeen. My last minute call to her to let her know about the programme met with the reply, "Moi eyate bohi asu" (I'm sitting here itself) and I wasn't surprised at all! The crowd was an amalgam of the youth and old alike, though students seemed to outnumber everyone else………………………… Zubeen took to the mike accompanied by his musicians and one will have to add here that his new hairdo (he has chopped off his long girl-like tresses) made it difficult to recognise the singer. I'm not too ardent a fan of the singer, but I'm sure everyone else who's heard him sing will agree that his songs do touch one's heart. He started off with a prayer song followed by songs from his latest album 'Jantra'. With requests pouring in from all quarters, he picked songs randomly from his old kitty like Maya, Anamika and of course his Hindi number from 'Kaante'………………………. While the songster sang, most of the people in the crowd swayed to his tunes and what could have been a more fitting finale to his performance than Bihu Geets. A troupe of Bihu dancers performed on stage and what a lovely sight to behold, moreso for someone like me who has missed out on the Bihu functions back home continuously for the past four years……………………… In the true Axomiya spirit, half the crowd got up from their seats and danced to the tune of Zubeen's Bihu songs right below the stage. Amidst all the hubbub, what caught my attention was a spot-the-odd-one-out Sardar replicating the other dancers, and in the process giving us more reasons to laugh and cheer about…………………………… . Truly the show was well worth the visit. In retrospect, everything went well, the festival was a success story but I think it could have been a bigger success had the organisers taken care of certain aspects like more publicity, rescheduling of events (for instance the screening of Jahnu Barua's film 'Konikar Ramdhenu' coincided with Zubeen & the other NE singers' programme. I'm sure it would have put any Axomiya in two minds whether to listen to Zubeen or watch the movie), etc. Still one can't negate anything from the festival and I'm certainly looking forward to more of such events in the days to come.

More on Zubeen http://guwahatitoday.com/music/zubin/zubin_main.html
Qwest thumbnail

Originally posted by: pradip200

Ya Ali takes UK by storm!

If you thought the music of Gangster was only topping charts in India, think again. Those in the UK think it's the best music in recent times too. Apparently, we are told the song Ya Ali has been topping music charts for consecutive weeks in the Queen's country. Singer Zubeen Garg can take a bow, as can music director Pritam. They've certainly created dhoom this time around!

pradip ji, Thanks you so much for your support and posting.
pradip200 thumbnail

Friends zubeen is getting offers from almost all top producers and we hope he continues to perform much better.

Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thanks for da article Qwestji

that guy is really talented... cant wait to hear more of him in the future
ajooni thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I love the song yah ali.....i am glad zubeen has arrived!!!
pradip200 thumbnail
Zubeen performed excellent in the newly released film "Strings"

In this film he is the music director.

More on Zubeen & Strings http://guwahatitoday.com/music/zubin/zubin_main.html
Qwest thumbnail

Originally posted by: pradip200

Zubeen performed excellent in the newly released film "Strings"

In this film he is the music director.

More on Zubeen & Strings http://guwahatitoday.com/music/zubin/zubin_main.html

pradip ji,

Thank you very much for your support. Songs of STRINGS and I must say some of the songs are really nice and different like Ishq Nizzame, Ramo Ramo, Kaise kahoon. Specially don't miss .

pradip200 thumbnail
Qwest bhai i will update you more about zubeen

thanks

pradip
Qwest thumbnail

Zubeen unveils first score for Hindi film, Debojit promotes his maiden album

Guwahati, May 19: After striking a chord in tinsel town with Ya Ali, singer-composer Zubeen Garg is on a "self-exploration" drive — with no strings attached.
On Thursday evening, Guwahati played host to the release of Zubeen's maiden offering as music director in Bollywood — Strings. Fawning fans, close friends and family members celebrating the idol's success said this was just one of his many firsts.
"I will do whatever suits my mood and creativity. I want to explore other creative avenues, beyond singing and composing music but, as they say, with no strings attached," the singer later told The Telegraph.
Scaling the peak of his singing career, Zubeen feels he must now tread new ground.
"The time has come for me to explore something beyond singing. I will be performing in the US in June and will be moving on to Dubai in August. During this tour I will discuss new avenues and ideas with eminent personalities from the field of art and culture there," he said.
Hailing from the Upper Assam town of Jorhat, Zubeen burst into the state's music scene in 1991 with his debut album Anamika.

Since then, there has been no looking back.
Praise for this talented artiste has been pouring in from all quarters — but perhaps the highest accolade came from music maestro Bhupen Hazarika. Showering him with words of encouragement, Hazarika said he found in the young singer all the qualities required of his heir in the world of music.
Zubeen's foray into Bollywood was exciting, but certainly not easy. With a firm finger on the pulse of the music industry, Zubeen is confident of doing more quality work.
Strings, set against the backdrop of the Maha Kumbh, is, in essence, a love story. Zubeen said his maiden Hindi film score was a mix of tradition and modernity.
Mathew Vargese, the producer of Strings, said Zubeen would surely have a long and successful career in the Hindi film industry.
Zubeen's fans couldn't agree more.

Edited by Qwest - 17 years ago
pradip200 thumbnail
Latest report ...Zubeen getting offers for music direction...will post more about it...