Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Adalat actor Romit Raj is inspired by Aamir Khan

Friday, Oct 18, 2013, 9:38 IST | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

The actor will don 12 different avatars when his character Varun returns from the dead in Adalat.

Romit Raj's character Varun was shot dead sometime ago in the courtroom drama Adalat. Now in typical TV style, where people return from the dead, he is all set to make a comeback next month.  And, in his new innings, the actor will be seen donning various avatars. "I will come back with a bang and you'll see me playing different characters in every episode," avers Romit. The idea of playing different characters was inspired by Aamir Khan and Ronit Roy. "Aamir plays multiple characters in his commercials. Also, Ronitda as I call him, told me that unlike a soap where I play only one character, I should make the most of this platform by essaying varied characters in every episode," says Romit, who has donned 12 avatars in the show.

In his comeback episode he plays a cannibal "with unkempt hair and beard " who is chained  in jail. He says, "It was the most challenging episode. The shoot went on for five days and for 12 hours everyday I would be in chains that weighed 15 kilos. My neck and back started aching and for days after that I still felt chained." The first thing he did after the episode was over was get himself a manicure and pedicure! "I felt unclean," he laughs. His favourite avatar in the series, though, is that of a goonda, for which he got tanned completely. "I became four-five shades darker, sported earrings, eyeliner and mascara. I enjoyed it," he smiles.  In another episode he plays not one but two Sardarjis, one is comic and one is serious. "Along with the beard and the turban, I had to get the body language right. That's where my theatre background helped," he informs.

In his re-entry episode KD Pathak (Ronit) will spot a guy, who looks like Varun. Pathak who has been missing his closest aide and feels responsible for his death, will then go on to prove that he is Varun only. "It will be the toughest case fought by KD," says Romit.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/1905104/report-adalat-actor-romit-raj-is-inspired-by-aamir-khan

Minionite thumbnail
Return of the dead' on TV
Zombie movies might be a new thing inBollywood, but when it comes to the small screen, there have been many characters who have made a comeback after they were shown dead in their respective daily soaps. Whether it is with plastic surgery, as a new lookalike character, or as an undercover character seeking revenge against the villain, the tortuous storylines with the dead characters making a comeback make it difficult for viewers to follow, but who's complaining! 

Romit Raj | Varun in Adalat Romit Raj, who played the devoted sidekick to KDPathak (Ronit Roy) in Adalat, was shot dead by a criminal in one of the episodes. Sources said that his character was killed as Romit was all set to enter the latest season of Bigg Boss. But as there is no sign of Romit in the reality TV show at present, his character is going to make a comeback from the dead in Adalat in a whole new avatar. For all his fans who were mourning over his death, it's time to rejoice! 

Minionite thumbnail

Sony TV's Adalaat to show a case of short term memory loss a la Ghajini

Summary: It seems like Bollywood is becoming a great source of adaption (in terms of concepts) for our TV shows. Similarly, the popular law-based show Adaalat (Contiloe Telefilms) on Sony Entertainment Television will see a story somewhat identical to the popular Aamir Khan starrer Ghajini in the episode to be aired this weekend. The story will start with a man named Alok being accused of his wife's murder but he will deny the allegations. It will also come to the fore that the man will be suffering from short term memory loss and thus he will only remember some parts of the happenings of the fateful night. He will inform that when he returned home late night he found the house in a mess and when he went to search for his wife in her room he found her dead and then he blanked out as someone hit him on the head. Since the man is used to forgetting things, he will be shown maintaining a diary where he will also put pictures of people he meets so that they can remind him of the happenings around. When KD Pathak (Ronit Roy) will take up this case, he will be shocked to see Alok not even recognizing him and also having no idea why he was in the jail. Suddenly he will shout out his wife's name and say that she has been killed. The prosecutor will also bring along some evidences and people who give statements against him making his case weak. KD will try hard to help him but suddenly the man will lose his memory completely bringing the case to a dead end.
Minionite thumbnail

The Curious case of Carnivorous Plant in Sony TV's Adaalat

An interesting case is all set to be showcased on Sony TV's law based show Adaalat.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 | 11:37:49 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: india-forums.com/tellybuzz  |   0 Comments  |  28 Views

The popular law based show Adaalat on Sony Entertainment Television is back with a very interesting case. After a case of short term memory loss, this time the murderer will be a Carnivorous Plant. 

The story is about a professor getting accused of murdering his lab assistant. He was carrying out some experiments on trees. It was said that he created trees that could eat human being, carnivorous plants. However the professor denies of the murder. 

But there are evidences that prove the contrary. KD does not believe that the plant could kill a human being. He however has to find a way out to prove the doctor innocent. Things become more difficult when the plant that is termed to be the killer withers away as after the doctors arrest nobody could take care of it.

How will KD find the actual murderer?

To know that tune in to Adaalat Saturday- Sunday at 8.30pm only on Sony TV.

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/news-releases/17332-the-curious-case-of-carnivorous-plant-in-sony-tv-adaalat.htm

Minionite thumbnail

Pay and Chat with Romit Raj for a noble cause!

Fans of Romit Raj can now interact with him on Skype by paying an amount to him which will later be donated to a charity firm...

Get Info On Web Hosting E Commerce Access 10 Search Engines At Once.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 | 6:56:44 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   1 Comments  |  60 Views

Fans are always ready to do anything to have an interaction with their favorite stars. It's going to be a treat for the fans of actor Romit Raj who is seen as Varun in Sony TV's popular showAdaalat, to interact with him for a cause.

Romit has initiated a fan interaction session in which his fans will have to pay an amount to interact with him on Skype and the collected funds will go to the charity firm with which he is actively associated with. TellyBuzz spoke to Romit to know more about this noble cause.

When asked Romit about how did he come up with this idea, he says, "I just felt that today because of the digitalization and technology, everything is reaching to the consumers at home. Technology is fast paced nowadays so we get everything at our home very conveniently. So, I thought that if I will get an opportunity to talk with my favorite star online then it will be a qualitative opportunity for me and I don't mind paying a price for it. So, I felt that being in this industry from past 10 years and already being connected with everyone through Twitter and Facebook, why not involve everyone for a good cause? I have been associated with Vipassana and Muskaan foundation from the past few years. I thought that we can use this platform to raise funds for this charity and support people for their education."

So how do fans get to interact with Romit, "I have already created a Gmail account which is: [email protected]. I thought to involve my fans for a good cause as well so, they can write to me at this email id and I will exchange Skype login names with them and give them time. I will come online on Skype for 5-10 mins. On the specified time, my fans can have an interaction with me. The money will be forwarded to Muskaan Foundation or Vipassana Foundation. I feel that one should not tell people when doing a charity. I have never talked about the charity. I have done over the years and I won't do it further also. I want to let people know that it's a one way of raising money for charity rather than making money. Fans will have to pay 1000 Rs. /5 minutes to have an interaction with me," says Romit.

On being asked Romit about how will he manage to do this along with his busy shoot schedules, he says, "Generally I don't shoot on Sundays or if I will get a week day off then I will check the number of people enrolling to have a chat with me and I will mail them accordingly."

Romit has been associated with the charity organizations earlier as well and says, "It's always better not to say about the charities a person is involving in it. The only reason that people got to know that I have adopted a girl child 6 years back and I am support an NGO Muskaan is to encourage people that it's never too early to adopt a child. If we want to make a difference then today is the right day to start. Whatever I am today is all because of the people who have helped me. So, we should help other people as well. We should make this place a better place to live, do good work and support each other."

"I have already formed my E-mail account and I already have my Skype account which is functional. My staff will interact with the fans and get all the things arranged. I will come online on Skype on the designated time to have an interaction with them," concludes Romit.

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/17339-pay-and-chat-with-romit-raj-for-a-noble-cause.htm

Minionite thumbnail

Rishi Khurana in Sony TV's Adaalat

Summary: Talented actor Rishi Khurana, who was last seen in Bani Ishq Da Kalma, will now be seen in the popular law based show Adaalat (Contiloe Telefilms) on Sony Entertainment Television. The actor will be playing a public prosecutor in one of the episodics challenging KD Pathak (Ronit Roy). A lot of other actors have earlier played lawyers and battled with word with KD. The episodic will be aired soon.
Minionite thumbnail

TV personalities gear up to celebrate Diwali

Ronit Roy: For the last 10 years I have been shooting on the Diwali days. This is because I have a liking to work on auspicious days. Soon after pack up, I perform laxmi puja at home which is followed with a small family get together. Diwali, for me, is all about lights, delicious food and family time. I plan to do the same this year too.
Minionite thumbnail

Diwali memories...!!!

Diwali is a festival of lights and people celebrate with much of joy and enthusiasm. Our TV celebs are enjoying this festival and cherishing their childhood memories related with the festival.

Ronit Bose Roy as KD from Adaalat

"For the past 10 years I have been shooting on the Diwali, I like to work on auspicious days. After my shoot gets done I perform laxmi puja at my house which is followed with a small family get together. Diwali for me is about lights, delicious food and family time. I plan to do the same this year too!"  

Minionite thumbnail
Ronit Roy praise Romit Raj for his new look!
Ronit Roy praise Romit Raj for his new look!

Ronit Roy who is currently playing the role of KD Pathak in Sony Entertainment Television's Adaalat is seen as a serious defense lawyer with an impeccable track record of winning cases and setting helpless innocent victims free is off late highly impressed by his co-star Romit Raj.

As we all know recently Romit Raj has made a comeback in the show and in his new innings, the actor will be seen donning various avatars. Talking about it Romit says "I will come back with a bang and you'll see me playing different characters in every episode. I hope I do justice with my character and wish audiences like me in my new experiment."
Ronit Roy shares his thoughts about his costar saying, "I was in complete shock when I saw him. I think it is the most challenging role an actor can get but I am very confident that Romit will come up with bright colors."

Minionite thumbnail

Ronit Roy praises Romit Raj for his new look in Adaalat!

Ronit Roy is highly impressed with his co-star Romit Raj!

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 | 4:58:58 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   3 Comments  |  676 Views

Ronit Bose Roy who is currently playing the role of KD Pathak in Sony TV's Adaalat is seen as a serious defense lawyer with an impeccable track record of winning cases and setting helpless innocent victims free is off late highly impressed by his co-star Romit Raj.

As we all know recently Romit Raj has made a comeback in the show and in his new innings, the actor will be seen donning various avatars. Talking about it Romit says "I will come back with a bang and you'll see me playing different characters in every episode. I hope I do justice with my character and wish audiences like me in my new experiment.

Ronit Roy shares his thoughts about his costar saying, I was in complete shock when I saw him. I think it is the most challenging role an actor can get but I am very confident that Romit will come up with bright colors.

To discover this new Romit, tune in to Adaalat Saturday- Sunday at 7.30pm only on Sony Entertainment Television.