Shivshakti Sachdev Wants To Be Like Vidya Balan

ParulRatiShivi thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Shivshakti Sachdev Wants To Be Like Vidya Balan

I want to be like Vidya Balan, says television actress Shivshakti Sachdev, popularly knows as Bebo, who is concentrating on variety on the small screen

Straight From Punjab
This effervescent actress loves shopping and pampering herself. Shivshakti Sachdev of "Sabki Laadli Bebo" fame, who was recently in Lucknow landed with a mission - shopping and eating! "I am a complete foodie. Although I am brought up in Delhi, my roots are Punjabi as my Dad hails from Punjab. Aur Punjabis toh by default foodie hote hi hain and so am I. And in Lucknow, I have a few hidden agendas set in my mind. I have to shop lots and lots of chikan ke kurtey, a few even for my mom too and also gorge on Tokri waali chaat that I guess is among the other mouthwatering cuisines that the city has to offer," she says. On asking why Tundey ke kebabs missing from her wish list, and she says, "They are unfortunately not on my list as I am a hard core vegetarian."

Give Me More
Talking about her busy acting schedule, the actress, who is playing Pinky Raj in " Afsar Bitiya" these days, says, "I am a workaholic. Though I am just 19 years of age, I believe that I am not at all under any kind of work pressure at this stage of life. And I am balancing my college and profession quite well. I am in my first year of BA (English Honors) from Mumbai University. And since I have opted for a correspondence course, I can easily manage studies along with my work."

But doesn't she miss the regular teenage life? "Jaise aur bachche playground mein aur community centres mein khelne jaate hain, waise hi main apne shoots pe enjoy karne jaati hoon. I am not missing out on any fun that youngsters my age have."

Vidya rocks!
Suite Life of Karan & Kabir" which is a light hearted comedy, says, "I believe that till date I have done a variety of roles In fact, comedy was the only genre that I had not explored and now I am doing even that in my current show. Although a lot has to be done on the professional front, for now I have sufficient variety roles on my CV. I don't want to be typecasted. I want to be like Vidya Balan. Vidya has done so many different roles in her career so far. She is my role model."