Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-prachid- thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
haha mer...thts yami gautam telvision actres turned bolly actress..recently seen in vicky donor with ayushman!
-purnima- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Want to know what Prachi Desai wanted to become other than an actress? Read on to know more about the star! Languages you wish you were fluent in?
Spanish and German. Three people you would love to invite to dinner?
Meryl Streep, Queen
Rania of Jordan and Aamir Khan.

A monsoon snack you can't get enough of?
Cheese crackers.

If you weren't an actress, what would you be?
A child psychologist or a criminal psychologist.

Favourite holiday destination?
New York City.

Actress Prachi Desai
The most ridiculous word you've heard someone use to describe you?
Bahu-like, homely.

A tune that's stuck in your head?
Tumhi Ho Bandhu from Cocktail and Nach Le from Bol Bachchan.

One lie you've got away with?
I'm about 10 minutes away from the studio!

Yoga or the gym?
Yoga.

If they let you get away with it, what would you wear to the Oscars?
Shorts and a ganji.

The movie that always brings a smile to your face?
Breakfast at Tiffany's.

The last thing you spent Rs. 10 on?
Bubble gum.

Your personal style – an earthy cotton sari or a hot mini?
Hot mini.

The love of your life?
My sister's cat, Zorro.

Your ultimate travel destination?
Milan (in Italy) or Spain.

Favourite TV shows?
So You Think You Can Dance?, Junior MasterChef, Comedy Circus, Crime Patrol. One thing you can't stand? Hypocrisy.

How many pairs of blue jeans do you own?
Fourteen.

What will we find in your fridge right now?
Chocolate smoothie, dark chocolate, banana cake, leftover chicken, salad dressing and fresh vegetables.

Skincare and make-up you just can't do without?
Neutrogena's 2-in-1 moisturiser and face wash, Neutrogena sunscreen spray, Lancme Cherry Rock lipgloss and Urban Decay purple-black eyeliner.

If i could...
I would eat without worrying about calories

Be in a film with Audrey Hepburn, Meryl Streep and Vidya balan

Remain 28 for the next 10 years

Own an island

Take six vacations a year

Become an interior decorator

Sun sign: Virgo

Birthday: September 12, 1988

Hometown: Panchgani

Place of birth: Surat, Gujarat

School/college: St Joseph's Convent, Panchgani; Singhad College, Pune

First break: Ekta Kapoor's Kasamh Se on Zee TV

High point of your life: Shooting for Bol Bachchan

Low point of your life: Can't specify

Currently doing: Promoting Bol Bachchan, shooting with John Abraham for I, Me Aur Mein

-prachid- thumbnail

Anandi goofs up her dance act

TNN | Jun 24, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:P Ratyusha Banerjee|Jhalak Dikhla Jaa
Anandi goofs up her dance act
Pratyusha Banerjee and her partner Deepak More Pics
P ratyusha Banerjee aka Anandi goofed up a few steps during her performance in " Jhalak Dikhla Jaa" ("JDJ"). The actress was so disappointed that she started crying. Seeing her cry, the celebrity guests, Abhishek Bachchan and Prachi Desai tried to cheer her up.
Abhishek shared an anecdote from his first stage performance with his dad where he had goofed up. His father Amitabh Bachchan told him, 'The viewers love you selflessly and don't care about you missing a step or two because its only the choreographer who knows your mistakes, so keep smiling and never cry.' Prachi, who had won the second season of "JDJ", prepped Pratyusha up by recalling her multiple failures and how she went on win the show. She told her how she was the weakest contestant initially and would never get perfect 10. 
Coincidentally, Deepak who was Prachi's choreographer is also Pratyusha's partner. Prachi said, "Nervousness is evident, but embrace this opportunity and give it your best and this effort may pave the way in Bollywood for you."
Tune in tonight at 9 to watch "JDJ" on Colors to see what happens.
-prachid- thumbnail
OMGGG!!!! i was simplly shocked after seeing prachi's performance in teri meri kahani...apparently she was the only actor who was able to impress me...the others were jus blah blah blah (no offence to shahid-priyanka fans)...
PRACHI lookedd soo gorgeousss...i kept screaming in the whole theatre!!!
on the whole the movie was totally bakwass...i really could not see what kunal wanted his viewers to see...
anyways it was worth spending "el dinero" on prachi's lil part in the movie!! LOVED HERRR!!!!

SPOILER ALERT: SHE CRIEDD in the movie :(( reminded me of her kasamse days ..:((

GUYS i soo recomend you to go for this movie just for prachi ..trust me its worthwhileee!!!

Edited by -prachid- - 11 years ago
-prachid- thumbnail
prachi n asin on Jhalak Dikhla Ja!

-prachid- thumbnail
Teri Meri Kahaani
By  Taran Adarsh, 22 Jun 2012, 07:32 hrs IST
A self-declared Yash Chopra fan, Kunal Kohli has had a remarkable career thus far. He didn't have a great beginning with MUJHSE DOSTI KAROGE, but surprised one and all with his dexterity in films like HUM TUM and FANAA. THODA PYAAR THODA MAGIC couldn't restructure the magic of HUM TUM, but all eyes are on his new outing TERI MERI KAHAANI. The question is, will he be able to strike a chord this time?

Preceding its release, the tittle-tattle went on an overdrive asserting that TERI MERI KAHAANI bears a striking semblance to the 2005 Taiwanese film THREE TIMES, which featured three chronologically separate love stories. Both, the Hou Hsiao-Hsien directed project and Kunal's film are positioned over three time frames where the hero and the heroine find love in different circumstances. While the Taiwanese film was set in 1911, 1966 and 2005, TERI MERI KAHAANI is set in 1910, 1960 and present-day U.K. 

But do the three stories connect with each other? Now that's one question that shouldn't be answered in a review. It may rob the film of its magnetism. 

I have watched both the films and let me enlighten you that both are dissimilar to each other. Perhaps, the idea of three love stories in three different eras may have germinated from the Taiwanese film, but that's about it. The story and treatment of THREE TIMES is poles apart, while TERI MERI KAHAANI is the atypical love story that one is accustomed to watching. So, there. A happenstance in the subject matter doesn't make it analogous or a blatant replication, does it? 

Can we truly love one person throughout our life and hope that fate makes us meet the same person in every life of ours? This story takes us through a journey of eternal love between a couple who have vowed to love each other not only in this life, but in every life to follow. Their love is so strong that even destiny wants to bring them together. The story starts in 1960 Bombay with Govind and Ruksar, then moves ahead to present times, 2012 England with Radha and Krish and then goes back in time to Punjab 1910 with Aradhana and Javed. 

Can Javed and Aradhana still be together? Will Ruksar realize that Govind's feeling for her were genuine? Will Krish be able to clear the misunderstandings? 

Independently and collectively, the three love stories divided in three different eras of TERI MERI KAHAANI do accomplish at portraying how our lives are influenced and even revolutionized by the times we live in. However, the film doesn't thrive on all accounts, there are a few dull moments [the present-day story stagnates after a point and the pacing tends to get unhurried, thus making you fidgety and impatient at times], but buried in its experimental storytelling and innate performances is a heartwarming tale that's gratifying and succeeds in planting a smile on your face. Especially the way Kunal concludes the three stories! 

On the brighter side, there are no preceding births, nobody expires or recalls meeting earlier. The viewer is well aware that Shahid and Priyanka have met before, but the characters are completely clueless about the past. 

Different eras are the crux of this motion picture. In fact, these eras take the account frontward. Each story tackles diverse times and societal principles and at least two stories -- the Poona and Punjab episodes -- keep you hooked [screenplay: Robin Bhatt and Kunal Kohli]. It's actually very unusual to experience a story which progresses in this fashion. This is a setting where one gets to witness the inventiveness and resourcefulness of a director. Without doubt, TERI MERI KAHAANI gives Kunal this break. 

A special mention of the production design [Muneesh Sappel]. The sets created to depict the different eras is admirable. While recreating the pre-independence India must have been tough, Sappel has recreated the era of 1960s impeccably well. TERI MERI KAHAANI is, without doubt, one of the better albums by Sajid-Wajid. In fact, Sajid-Wajid and lyricist Prasoon Joshi make sure the soundtrack is extremely likeable, especially these tracks -- 'Jabse Mere Dil Ko Uff', 'Mukhtasar', 'Allah Jaane' and 'Humse Pyaar Karle Tu'. Sunil Patel's cinematography is top notch. Dialogue, penned by Kunal Kohli, are poetic and romantic. 

Not many actors get the opportunity to portray three diverse roles in a single movie. But Shahid carries each of those parts with refinement, besides looking debonair in each character. There is no quizzing his performing abilities either. He pulls the act with effortlessness and panache. As a matter of fact, whenever Shahid has attempted something diverse, the results have been luminous. From playing a musician in Bollywood to a compulsive flirt in Punjab to the unflustered and trendy youngster settled in U.K., Shahid does an exceptional job. Among the three characters, his take as Javed is sure to win him accolades. 

As the spirited Aradhana of 1910, the dazzling movie star Rukhsar of 1960 or the joyful Radha of 2012, Priyanka is a complete livewire in each of the acts. On a personal level, I liked her the most as Aradhana, a full-on Punjabi girl who's vivacious and bubbly. What also makes the film work is the chemistry the two actors share. They appear exceptionally comfy with each other and bring to the table what the spectators are looking for. 

Prachi Desai is sparkling in a cameo. Neha Sharma is decent. Vrajesh Hirjee does well. Surendra Pal is okay. 

On the whole, TERI MERI KAHAANI is uncomplicated and charming. Not the usual romantic fare, this one presents three different stories in three different eras without getting theatrical or melodramatic. Thanks to its innovative storytelling, it comes across as the perfect date movie, holding tremendous appeal for the Facebook Gen. TERI MERI KAHAANI is pleasurable and fascinating in equal measures!

Edited by -prachid- - 11 years ago
-prachid- thumbnail
Outsiders are not taken seriously in Bollywood: Prachi Desai
Press Trust of India / Mumbai June 24, 2012, 13:36

India Calls Under 1/min : 500 Minutes for $4.95. No Fees. Buy Long Distance in Bulk and Save. 
IndiaLD.com/LessThan1Cent

Ruing that outsiders are never taken seriously in Bollywood, actress Prachi Desai says it is only now that the industry is opening up to her despite she being working for last five years since her debut film "Rock On".

"I think the industry is opening up to me. And it is high time it does. I am truly not the person I have been made up to be. I feel that industry can be unfair sometimes. When you are an outsider, people don't take you seriously," Prachi told PTI.

"I personally think that you need an extreme push for people to promote you and bring you to a certain level," Prachi said

Prior to 'Rock On' in 2008, Prachi, 23, had a successful stint on television with her debut soap 'Kasamh Se'. Later, a dance reality show catapulted her to stardom which landed her a few offers in Bollywood.

"For the kind of roles I was offered, I was not interested in them. When anybody starts of, you don't want to be doing roles twice your age," the actress said.

"The reason for being offered roles much older than me was because these are the kind of characters I have done before in television as well. I got it from 'Rock On'...I played a young wife but nobody saw me as funky or the real me. The way I am," she added. (MORE)

-prachid- thumbnail

Prachi happy to play her age in 'I, Me Aur Main'

Sunday, June 24, 2012 | 4:06:29 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    2 Comments
Prachi happy to play her age in 'I, Me Aur Main'

" 'I, Me Aur Main' is a perfect opportunity for me to change people's perceptions about me," says Prachi Desai who will be seen playing her age in the film. She adds that usually she has been offered roles older than her age.

" 'I, Me Aur Main' is a perfect opportunity for me to change people's perceptions about me," saysPrachi Desai who will be seen playing her age in the film. She adds that usually she has been offered roles older than her age.

" It is such a vivacious role. I don't think people have normally seen me like that. The film is a perfect opportunity for me to change people's perceptions about me," she said.

Directed by debutant Kapil Sharma, John will be seen romancing five girls in "I, Me Aur Main". Prachi is one of them.

She said: " 'I, Me Aur Main' is a modern film. I play a girl who is very young. She just comes into John's life and changes everything around him."

The young actress started her career as the lead in TV show "Kasamh Se", feels that the industry had a set perception about her and that nobody wanted to try her for new roles. According to her, she was always offered roles older to her.

"The reason for being offered roles much older than me was because that is the kind of role I had done on television. So, I guess, people wanted to stick to that. Nobody wanted to experiment with me. They just wanted to capitalise with what they had seen me as," said the actress.

The 25-year-old made her big screen debut with "Rock On!" and later featured in "Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai", "Life Partner" and recently released "Teri Meri Kahaani".

Her next is Rohit Shetty's "Bol Bachchan". Releasing July 6, the film, which has Ajay Devgn andAbhishek Bachchan in the lead roles, is her first comedy and she is excited about it.

-prachid- thumbnail

Prachi Desai not finding Bollywood as easy

24th June 2012 11:04 pm

Prachi Desai talks about Bollywood break

Prachi Desai talks about Bollywood break

Though she has been a part of the Indian film industry for almost five years, Prachi Desai is only just emerging into the limelight. After her ZEE TV soap 'Kasamh Se' (2006), she debuted in the film 'Rock On' (2008) which did very well at the box office. However, it did not give her the credit she had hoped for.

"For the kind of roles I was offered, I was not interested in them..because these are the kind of characters I have done before in television as well..People wanted to stick to that, nobody wanted to experiment with me,"NDTV reports the actress saying.

Appearing in four other films following 'Rock On', Desai now feels that she is finally being noticed, "I think this is a good year for me. But now after doing films like 'Bol Bachchan' (2012) and 'Once Upon a Time in Mumbai' (2010), I think I have come into that commercial zone. This is when you get other opportunities. It's not been that long but it could have been a faster process"

Desai will next be seen in her upcoming release 'Bol Bachchan' (2012) playing Ajay Devgn's sister and Abhishek Bachchan's love interest. She is also preparing for her next venture 'I Me Aur Mein' sharing the screen with John Abraham which is due for release in July.

-prachid- thumbnail
caught prachi here..yay!!!