Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ZaphiraDragon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Maz.

Zaphira..if you stay in the US..I think you can watch it on hulu.com or HBOGO. Due to copyright issues most of the links are taken down from file sharing websites :/ So I guess you can look for torrents or if possible go ahead and buy the season 1 dvd itself! ;)

Edit:...Nur you're here! yayy! ๐Ÿค—   Yes stay away from the posts...extremely spoilery...LOL..

Maz, i am based in India .. if the link that Ramy provided do not work then i will look for torrent download.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: without-fathom

OOOH!!! Look who's HERE!!! Nurey ๐Ÿค—

So glad you made up your mind about this - you're TOTALLY going to LOVE it, no seconds on that! 

Jazzaay๐Ÿค—   I started watching the first epi yesterday but had to stop in b/w cuz the vid was taking too long to buffer...abhi I've downloaded it and need to watch it aaraam se and will post my views uske baad...but I liked what I saw so far :D

@Amy: Thanks for the tip on which links are working :-)
Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
That's good to hear, Anu. I can't wait to read your views.

@JZ--- I hear you're done with first 6 episodes of Season 2. Sweet! I know for sure that you'll LOVE episode 9 Blackwater.
Maz. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I loved the opening scene of the show...it was so creepy scary cool! LOL..When I began watching... Mru just gave me a brief that the show is about these kingdoms that are vying for a throne..it is a fantasy with lots of gore.. This scene was good as a start to get one interested.. brilliantly shot!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhonEowCBUw[/YOUTUBE]

Spook yourself again! ๐Ÿ˜†
without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
**SPOILERS in this post**

Okay, 7 down for me now. Anyone else find the whole Game of Thrones fickle fidelity issue rubbing off themselves?! I honestly go from episode to episode feeling for different set of characters! ๐Ÿ˜† 

But yes - still maintain - I LOVE that GoT has absolutely no legit sense of good and bad! That they deal entirely in the greyscale. In a strange strange manner - the kind of parallel GoT makes with the real world and its politics in our times, makes me think of the kind of Kafkaesque image Orwell cut out in his 1984, anticipating quite accurately the way the world would stand decades down from his time! There IS no longer one ruler of the seven kingdoms, protector of the realm - it's about all the chaos among all the leaders, everyone of them claiming/believing/fighting for their "rightful" thrones! 

And the characters! GoT has GOT to be the ONE show that just makes me totally go nooo at literally every character there is, in there, and their moments of "blunder-ing" - and I mean that as a compliment. The realism with which the characters and especially their demons are portrayed is SUCH a classic touch! It's amazing how guarded MOST of them are, within their own defines, yet the uncanny means that come to undo those guards in moments and places and with people that as a viewer just make me sit on the edge and freak about what this moment of lowered defenses is going to end in!!! 

And it's just BRILLIANT how they weave in - the HIGH points. You see what's going to happen exactly SECONDS before most of it does! 

On side notes - and no don't answer me because ya'll have seen beyond me of course - Man!!! Arya with that Sr. Lannister guy just puts me on the edge of the sword! That scene where she's serving BOTH Baylish and Lannister Sr. is ... *looks ruefully at nails half eaten* Echoing Daddy Lannister (who's only TRUE son seems to be the one child he'd rather disown for a bas***d dwarf - what irony!!!) Arya is too smart for her own good... at least at this point, there's no end to the times I want to enter the screen and shut her up from being SO SMART!!! 

And all these Stark brothers and the clever women they run into!!! I love the beauty of this portrayal too - these men set off to rule the world, the good ones technically, and how beyond their potential it is to fathom the minds of women - while the other way round works easy as a cake walk!!! You can SEE it - the way they innately believe they're some sort of "gifted covert minds" and the way they are impressed when one smart woman reads them like the open book they are - because men of honor ARE in fact such predictable souls! And at this, I can't but think of the parallels this show draws in showing the gullibility of these "honorable" saviors as from Cervantes Don Quixote. There's just something typical and elemental about humans - men and women - which remains unaltered. Over ages and eras and eons! 

Tyrion continues to reign my favoritism. Without exception thus far. He's not as much a mystery - but his wit and potential and shady ways put together make for SUCH an engaging character. The dialogues seal it!!! 

Okay - I'll ramble more, but I had to come say some today itself. Will finish with 8,9,10 tomorrow for sure! 

ps: Theon is SUCH a loser. Not just because he betrayed the Starks, no, that in fact is possibly his most minor error, if I could even call it that - given his predicament is kinda... well, dhobi ka kutta type ๐Ÿ˜† But oh, SUCH a loser! On SO MANY levels! He's the one character I want to go all Tyrion over and say even torturing you could be so boring...  Aah, Theon - get your face out of the way already! Right up in the list with Jeoffery, and that Lannister cousin guy... and I dunno, others I can't randomly recall! 

Edited by without-fathom - 11 years ago
without-fathom thumbnail
From Twitter:

Peter Dinklage, star of Game of Thrones stopped by NPR's New York Bureau for a conversation with 'All Things Considered' host Audie Cornish about his reservations in accepting the role of character Tyrion Lannister. Take a listen: http://n.pr/KOi5HG 
Photo by Lam Thuy Vo/NPR)
Nymeria thumbnail
JZ, couldn't have said it any better! WORD @ what you say about the character of GoT. They are all so human...some greyer than others but the point being that every one is GREY...everyone. Including the man of principles and vows, Jon Snow.

WORD @ Tyrion's character. I agree there's not much mystery to his character. It's always been his wit, his sarcasm, his ways of handling himself and others๐Ÿ˜† . He is indeed the most engaging character on the series right from the first episode of the first season till the last episode of the second season. Peter Dinklage OWNs Tyrion's character!

@Tywin-Arya-- Tell me about that! I LOVED their scenes in this season. It was so nail-biting each time they interacted and left me wondering if he'll reveal it to her that he know who she is like how he could see that she was a girl and not a boy. Arya is one heck of miss. SMARTY-pants๐Ÿ˜† and it was fun seeing her word play with Tywin who himself exudes "magnificence" in his own way. I  mad at him and Cersei for what happens in the finale with Tyrion (and no i won't spoil it for you).

Conflict within their own families seems to drive the overarching CONFLICT for the Iron Throne and that's what makes it all the more chaotic and intriguing. You really can't decide who's siding with whom or what is going to be A's next plot against B ...or heck C. Keeps you guessing who's going to take the sword next...eerrrm i mean get decapitated.๐Ÿ˜†

@Theon--- What a looser indeed! Wait till you watch him in the finale๐Ÿ˜†
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT2LAXLshTA[/YOUTUBE]

@Joeffery-- He's a total AIRHEAD...vicious and IDIOT as Tyrion puts it.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRGl292Mx3Q[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Ramy25 - 11 years ago
Nymeria thumbnail

Originally posted by: without-fathom

From Twitter:

Peter Dinklage, star of Game of Thrones stopped by NPR's New York Bureau for a conversation with 'All Things Considered' host Audie Cornish about his reservations in accepting the role of character Tyrion Lannister. Take a listen: http://n.pr/KOi5HG 
Photo by Lam Thuy Vo/NPR)

Thanks for sharing this, JZ. I really liked it and especially the bit where Peter explains his reservations regarding taking this up at first. I'm SO happy he took the role. Oh and his voice is so darn good.

"The leads are often the boring part," Dinklage says. "Maybe I'll have to take that back. I like playing the guy on the sidelines. They have more fun."

^ I liked this bit. ๐Ÿ˜†

On a side note, I absolutely LOVE the GoT theme.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdG8FJbJq28[/YOUTUBE]
without-fathom thumbnail
Ooh!!! Me, me me!!! I downloaded the MP3 yesterday and was going to upload it to my account sometime soon! I actually LOVE the way that title score is pictured too, showing the rise and fall of all those kingdom mechanics - a very interesting projection! 

ps: Dinklage brings Tyrion to life. ALl his reasons, pro and otherwise, I'm just glad he took it up! He's hardly on the sidelines any more than the rest. That's the other thing about the show - who's really the lead here? Yes, John Snow would be the easy answer, but is he? Like just him? Oh GoT is a genius of its own kind changing so much typical norm!!! ๐Ÿ‘
Nymeria thumbnail
Yeah yeah please do upload the mp3 version on your account, JZ. I love the theme and the visual with the mechanics is awesome too like you said. Kinda represents the setting of the story...medieval yet quite contemporary.

@leads--- EXACTLY! who is the lead in this show? I don't think there is any proverbial "lead" in the story...or that everyone is a lead because every character has a purpose in the story, heck even those very minor characters like that of Lannister cousin even if how pathetic he is as a character๐Ÿ˜†! I liked Tyrion bullying him around in this season...it's so much fun watching Tyrion and Bron bully random people at King's Landing until the finale.๐Ÿ˜†

speaking of opening theme---
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7L2PVdrb_8[/YOUTUBE]

I skip most intros but definitely not this one. I can't help but sway myself when the music starts playing.