Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maz. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
^@ that article...Mamta banerjee is Hodor and Mayawati as the wall! 🀣🀣🀣 

Nicely written...and I agree the core of it all that draws us is that no one is really good or evil, every character has a good and bad side.. the politics of power is all so wonderfully shown..

@nudity...LOL.. I think some of scenes are not necessary...anyway that is not the focus always..

JZ.. you saw Season 1 or Season 2?? 

And funny, none of my friends watch GoT...except you guys!...Hi5 for that...πŸ˜†.. at least I have people to ramble about it with...so glad

@Hiba and Mru πŸ€— πŸ€—  thanks for stopping by...

LOL Mru...your Dragon lady will take center stage soon I guess..I wonder what will happen then..πŸ˜†

---

Edit: Does anyone know if the GoT cast had another one of those Comic con appearances this year?...I remember watching last year's one...it was nice to hear them talk about the show..

Edited by Maz. - 11 years ago
Maz. thumbnail
What I loved about Season 2 was surprisingly there were no shocker deaths this time unlike S1 where they killed poor Ned... the war is far from over and I liked how the tagline 'winter is coming' came a full circle in the finale... those whitewalkers are awesome πŸ˜†... great CGI work there.. but poor Sam...I wonder he is the first casualty there..

Tyrion ruled S2.. I loved loved the conversations of Tyrion and Varys...Varys...oooh man his character is so mysterious and intriguing...loved him in S1 along with Littlefinger...this season Littlefinger did not have that many scenes...but this actor who plays Varys...wohooo! πŸ˜†..

The second best duo was Tywin and Arya...ohh there was always this feeling that he knows who she really is.. just the way he could so easily figure out she was a girl...and then her lady or non lady like ways..and he even compared her to Cersei in a way...and when I saw these scenes of Cersei and Sansa..you can really see how she wanted to be anything but all obedient and girl like...and I loved the way she used to get pissed off watching Sansa repeat her Joeffry is my beloved line..πŸ˜†... their best scene was in the Blackwater episode... and I loved that final scene too where she is sitting on the Iron throne with her son in hand...woah..never thought she was having it all planned like that!..

The Blackwater battle itself was amazingly shot...simply wow! all the special effects and the tension...it gave me all butterflies in the stomach feeling...nail biting stuff...LOL... Loved Tyrion's speech...go Half man!... Brilliant stuff by Peter Dinklage..

The finale episode..was good too...again loved Tyrion and Shae... there was this weird sa parallel...like the choices the men make...Tyrion and Theon too... how they Theon could easily have chosen to run away like Maester Luwin tells him but instead he chooses to fight...it was a good speech form him too. Tyrion too has to chose between an option of running away with Shae to Pentos but he turns that down..despite knowing very well that he was supposed to be murdered and that no one wil give him credit for all that he did to save the city..

Jon and Ygritte...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†... they provided such laughs!...LOL... Jon going red in the face, hahaha...hilarious...I like this actress she played her part well...so Jon had to kill Qhorin and prove his worth...wonder what is in store for them..

I also loved this Jaime-Catelyn scene...ooohh trust Jaime to maro such zingers...where it hurts... and Amyy...this guy is a carbon copy of Prince charming from Shrek...pretty much my first comment on him that I shared with Mru long back...he even has that attitude...I'm too sexy for my shoes'πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...

Jaime and Brienne...was also lovely...πŸ˜†...just the way he loves riling her up...and how she literally slices those men up in front of him...cool stuff..

Stannis and Renly did not live up so much...at least Renly...he was there in one episode and then gone by the next...πŸ˜†.. I think Stannis will have more of a role next season...BTW I had this doubt where were Stannis and Melisandre after the battle?... It looked like Stannis was back at his own home...but that is not possible na since it did take him a few months to reach King's Landing right?...

Arya-Jaqen scenes were good too...but what is that he is some sort of faceless man??...I want the actor to return...πŸ˜†... I was very disappointed to see him go like that...lol..

I wonder what Sansa is going to do she has offers from the Hound and Littlefinger...and she turned them down...I liked that dialogue when Littlefinger tells her look around us, all of us are liars..

Speaking of dialogues...one of my favs is that one in the beginning episodes , the riddle which Varys tells Tyrion, about how power resides where when believe it resides, no more no less! πŸ‘

How I wished Joeffry would die in battle...ughhh...and now he has got an equally annoying lady to be his queen... must say though that the guy who plays Joeffry does a tremendous job...

Robb and that nurse chick...ehh...I did not feel so much for...but I generally liked Robb's transition from this boy to a King and how he wants to be a good King...and imbibes all these traits from his father..

Bran and Osha were good too...I liked how Osha has learned to like Bran and Ricken...wonder if they will end up reaching the wall...that place is not safe anyway...so hopefully Arya and her gang will meet these people..

And Lastly, Daenerys...her story was not so great through the season...but I did like her stuff in the last episode...especially that scene when she is in the house of the undying and she finds herself come face to face with Drogo and also the Iron throne... and how she makes a choice to go for her dragons. Emilia Clarke is not that great of an actress..and I felt she overacted in many of her scenes..I was OK with her in Season 1 ...but season 2 was a let down...I hope she does better...cos her story is supposed to get stronger through the next few seasons.

Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hey hey Mru!!been a LONG time since we've conversed online. How have you been?

@JZ-- Wooop! Now get to season 2 quickly and then gush awayπŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†
Thanks for the article...i don't know about the comparison to Indian politics but I do agree with his point about this being better and badder than LoTR. It is like a soap opera...but instead of women going at each other for the their common LOWE interests, here we have EVERYONE going at everyone for either the Iron throne or revenge and stuff. It is definitely the best fantasy drama that has ever hit American TV in a long time.
@nudity-- lol it pops up when you first watch it but then you get acclimated...or in get used to ignore it. LOL you guys should see that SNL spoof about GoT and the nudity stuff🀣 oh Andy Samberg!🀣

@Mru--- lol @ Dragon Lady πŸ˜†. Yeah Dany's storyline has been meh up until now and that's what i keep hearing from critics and personal reviews from people. The book apparently has more to her story and like Mazzy said her story take the forefront in the coming season (which is based off of book 3), so lets see what happens. I liked her thing in the finale too like Mazzy as compared to entire season of meh-ness.

@TYRION--- Heck Yeah! he's definitely THE BEST character and Peter Dinklage is AWESOME in his portrayal of the character.πŸ‘ What a character and what an actor! It's SO much fun watching Tyrion in all his glory and with all his wit/sarcasm and it was SO heart-rending to see him like so in the finale. His scene with Shae was definitely one of my favorite in the finale episode. I liked Shae's character too and Tyrion-Shae relationship but I definitely liked the fact that Tyrion declined the offer to "runaway." He's a scarred man right now but he's only going to emerge stronger. Go Half-Man indeed!

@Tyrion-Varys---- WORD Mazzy. I liked their scenes in season two and especially the one before the battle of Blackwater and the one in the finale. Varys is such a mysterious character and it's difficult to decipher which side is he on or that he's just playing along for his own benefit (which is probably the case) and the actor plays it so darn well too.
@Littlefinger--- I too liked that scene with Sansa in the finale and especially the line "look around you, we are all liars and better than you." I think because of his history with Lady Stark and the fact that Sansa "looks" like Lady Stark, there's got to be some sort of pull towards her...to get her out of there. But I don't know...may be i'm just reading too much in to it.

@Tywin-Arya-- Oh yeah I loved these two too. I don't like Tywin because of what he did to Tyrion but I did like his scenes with Arya. It felt as if he knew exactly who she was and more so because he kept on question her about where she was from, about her father and the fact that his father was a learned man despite the class he belonged to.  by the way, I couldn't help but LOL @ Tywin's horseback ride in to the Throne room as Joeffery bestowed the title of the Hand of the King on to him...lol Tywin's got swagger...HORSE SWAGGER🀣🀣 and the bit in the start of Horse pooping before entering the hall.🀣🀣🀣 Wonder if that was supposed to mean anything? May be JZ could explain...hmmm.

@Theon-- lol he's such a gullible sort of guy. He doesn't know what he wants, where he stands and most of all who HE is in the first place. he claims to be a Greyjoy but he's not ready to accept that he's more of Stark than Greyjoy.

@Luwin--- Oh man it was so sad to see him die.πŸ˜’ I liked him and his relation with the youngest Stark kids, especially Bran. I like Osha too and I hope they find Jon soon but ummm it's no longer safe up at The Wall either because of the whitewalkerπŸ˜•.

Speaking of Whitewalkers--- WOAH! what effects dude...that too for a TV show!πŸ‘ They really did a good job there and also in the Blackwater battle sequence...especially the explosion. Cool stuff!
@Sam-- Ummm i don't know but i don't think he face the casualty. Can he be made in to zombie like those other zombies (i forgot what they're called)?

@Jon- Ygritte-- lol yeah i liked their little scene. She challenges him and that's a good thing. Jon needs to wake up and take the charge.
@Jon killing Qhorin--- Good acting by it Harington there. You could see on his face and his body language that feeling of the "soul being ripped off of him" as described by Kit himself.  I'm definitely looking forward to his meeting with Mance Rayder and if and how Jon gets to King's Landing.

@Robb- Talisa-- I, too, have liked Robb more in the second season because we've got to see more of him and how he's matured from being just a Stark boy to the King of the North. But errrm the wedding decision was wrong even though I get it why he choose to do so but at the time when he's fighting battles and there's alliances being formed and broken that ultimately affect who wins the battle, it's a very bad move on his part. First of all, he's personally invited Frey's wrath and his doom and second of all, he's backed out from a vow he made and that's not a good thing to do when you're the King as explained by his mother.

@Arya- Jaqen--- I liked their scenes and his "A man...A Girl" thingyπŸ˜†. He's a faceless assassin? But I want Tom's face back...this new face is so fugly! Will Arya go to Braavos? hmmm...

Jaime- Lady Stark-- The twincest Lannisters are SO like one another! Jaime and Catelyn's scene sort of reminded me of Ned's and Cersei's confrontation about Joffery's paternity.

@Brienne- Jaime-- lol I like Brienne.  Jaime driving her up the wall and her slicing not one but two men right in front of him was fun.

And yeah Mazzy, Jaime's SO Prince Charming from Shrek! that's the first thing that came to my mind when i saw him in the first episode and lol yeah he definitely has that arrogance. lol

@Stannis, Renly-- meh. lol Renly was gone before you know it!
@Stannis- Melisandre--- I know! I was like how the heck they got back to their original place so soon? May be that Shadow-son got them there. eh who cares!

@Joffery-- Oh I wished that too and now's he's got that annoying Queen to accompany him. I don't like Natalie Dormer in the first place..she makes weird faces.😳 eh at least Sansa's free of Joffery and i liked her little "Yes!" laugh as she comes out of there and before her scene with Littlefinger. πŸ˜†
and yeah the actor who plays Joffery is doing a good job because he's managed make everyone irked with Joffery and his airheadedness.  lol I would LOVE to see Tyrion whack him on the face once againπŸ˜†.

@Comic-Con--- it starts the week of June 11th or something like that and i was looking up the panels and i didn't see GoT in itπŸ€“. All I saw was panels for those SUPER crappy CW shows and the new fall line up for abc, fox, nbc and cbs. errrm what about GoT and Merlin?

Speaking of Merlin, Mazzy you should give a try to that series as well. JZ and I watch it and the best thing about the series is MERLIN- ARTHUR. They're like medieval British counterparts to desi Mohan-Guru. If you love MG, you'll definitely love MerThur.

without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
So if I'm not liking all the posts, it's because I'm holding STRICT blinders before getting done watching season 2 - and Maz, I did finish watching Season ONE hi - I've seen all the way upto 4th episode of Season 2 before, but in too many breaks and pieces and like I told Amy somewhere, I was intending to spend time this weekend and sit and watch the series' 2 seasons in a go - it just gives SO MUCH more perspective, you'd never guess! You like don't tend to miss out on the slighter nuances that go around in each episode - because there's ALWAYS so much happening in GoT - I feel like I've wrapped my head around the gist and the big picture and mainstream events, but that I always miss out on the significance of minor things till they crop up again - watching in a go changes that! 

Will get done watching season 2 by tomorrow and be back here - 

but meanwhile, Amy, same here! Can't really relate to the politics parallels - but the whole LoTR comparison, and just the fact about GoT being this sinister plot of many parallel and engaging sub plots all knee deep in ruthless politics is SO true! You literally cannot trust your own breath as a character on this show! And I LOVE how NONE of the characters are really, plainly, outright negative! GoT is working on a pallet of grey - they've got EVERY single character charted out in the greyscale, and the only difference lies in the extent! Everyone has their share of haunting demons which make them SO human in the midst of a world and times where you cannot really afford to pause and lick your own wounds, because there's always going to be something lurking around the corner to inflict more in the meanwhile! 

And I think what I like THE MOST about this show is the big picture world parallel. The way they've treated the matter of serving the realm as becoming such a hazy and sidelined project because everyone who matters and has power is too busy setting their own immediate scores right - even the sanest of people - that the BIGGEST bubble of threat that surrounds all their routine plotting and knot is actually treated at a subconscious level by most characters as a danger that always looms over, but never to close to put on primary worry palate! There's a strange and dark parallel with the way a normal human being treats the concept of death. We all know it's coming, some day, as an inevitable with no exceptions. But somehow, everyone continues to live everyday of their life like they will never be dying! They take the face value struggles of most immediately facing concerns at such levels of gravity and severity of action - even the sanest among them - that the BIGGEST truth out there, winter is coming  just stands in the side shadows. As a fact that they don't deny, but never pay enough heed too! And it's interesting how the whole "wall" idea is used to "separate the worlds" - it's just an interesting metaphorical setting of the way life itself is - high strung in routine, yet much bigger, when you look beyond the immediate! 

Okay - I ramble too much with specifics! But GoT truly draws out some amazing philosophy and politics on such a mortal level, yet retaining a sublime flavor to the execution! πŸ‘
Edited by without-fathom - 11 years ago
Nymeria thumbnail

Originally posted by: without-fathom

So if I'm not liking all the posts, it's because I'm holding STRICT blinders before getting done watching season 2 - and Maz, I did finish watching Season ONE hi - I've seen all the way upto 4th episode of Season 2 before, but in too many breaks and pieces and like I told Amy somewhere, I was intending to spend time this weekend and sit and watch the series' 2 seasons in a go - it just gives SO MUCH more perspective, you'd never guess! You like don't tend to miss out on the slighter nuances that go around in each episode - because there's ALWAYS so much happening in GoT - I feel like I've wrapped my head around the gist and the big picture and mainstream events, but that I always miss out on the significance of minor things till they crop up again - watching in a go changes that! 

Will get done watching season 2 by tomorrow and be back here - 

but meanwhile, Amy, same here! Can't really relate to the politics parallels - but the whole LoTR comparison, and just the fact about GoT being this sinister plot of many parallel and engaging sub plots all knee deep in ruthless politics is SO true! You literally cannot trust your own breath as a character on this show! And I LOVE how NONE of the characters are really, plainly, outright negative! GoT is working on a pallet of grey - they've got EVERY single character charted out in the greyscale, and the only difference lies in the extent! Everyone has their share of haunting demons which make them SO human in the midst of a world and times where you cannot really afford to pause and lick your own wounds, because there's always going to be something lurking around the corner to inflict more in the meanwhile! 

And I think what I like THE MOST about this show is the big picture world parallel. The way they've treated the matter of serving the realm as becoming such a hazy and sidelined project because everyone who matters and has power is too busy setting their own immediate scores right - even the sanest of people - that the BIGGEST bubble of threat that surrounds all their routine plotting and knot is actually treated at a subconscious level by most characters as a danger that always looms over, but never to close to put on primary worry palate! There's a strange and dark parallel with the way a normal human being treats the concept of death. We all know it's coming, some day, as an inevitable with no exceptions. But somehow, everyone continues to live everyday of their life like they will never be dying! They take the face value struggles of most immediately facing concerns at such levels of gravity and severity of action - even the sanest among them - that the BIGGEST truth out there, winter is coming  just stands in the side shadows. As a fact that they don't deny, but never pay enough heed too! And it's interesting how the whole "wall" idea is used to "separate the worlds" - it's just an interesting metaphorical setting of the way life itself is - high strung in routine, yet much bigger, when you look beyond the immediate! 

Okay - I ramble too much with specifics! But GoT truly draws out some amazing philosophy and politics on such a mortal level, yet retaining a sublime flavor to the execution! πŸ‘

Oh no problemo, JZ. Take your time and complete the season 2 because I, for one, can not wait to read your take on the entire season...heck entire series up until now. I totally concur with you on there being SO MUCH in the plot/characters of the show that if you watch it with breaks, you feel like you're missing out so much.

WORD @ grey characters--- Exactly! that's the thing that differentiates GoT from LoTR BIG time. In LoTR, there were clearly etched out positive and negative characters...it was clearly a proverbial battle of GOOD versus EVIL whereas that's definitely NOT the case in Game of Thrones. There isn't a clear cut "Good" character or an "Evil" character, everyone is so innately HUMAN like you said. LoTR paralleled WWII in that Sauron and his Uruk Hais and his troupe represented the Nazi Germany and its allies and Frodo, Aragorn and their troupe reflected the American, British and their allies.  Do you guys remember that ending scene in the last movie...the one where Gandalf comes to rescue Frodo on a humungous EAGLE? That was clearly Americans stepping in to the war on the European front.
Now, when you look at GoT, which has been written pretty recently, it seems to reflect the current state of the world. All those uprisings in the Middle-East, the rise and fall of Iraq's Saddam Hussain, the terrorism, the war of the Middle eastern countries amongst themselves and the Western superpowers getting challenged by China...all that sort of runs parallel to the fictional struggles for power and politics amongst the Houses in GoT. The Kings and Lords within the realm are fighting one another, cutting each another off (even literally!) and there's just SO many conflicts from every direction and the interesting thing is that you just can't distinguish who's represents the "Good" and who represents the "Bad."

But of course, you describe it in a so much better way than I do!πŸ˜†

I REALLY can't wait till you're done with season 2. lol I seem more excited than you!πŸ˜†
Edited by Ramy25 - 11 years ago
Maz. thumbnail
@JZ....Ohh ok...I thought it was some typo mistake hence asked...πŸ˜†...that's a good thing...I want to watch the first season again too...it's been 6 months since I saw it..

And Word to what you mean about the characters being grey...I haven't watched or read LoTR, Mru is a big fan though. I agree with the fact that the characters don't see the bigger picture, too embroiled in their own petty conflicts...they just needed one person to start the war, and everyone is out to settle their scores..

Looking forward to read your takes on both seasons and characters! πŸ˜ƒ

------------

@Amyy... Oh OK you think the shadow son got them there?...and I did not get what they saw in the fire...πŸ˜†.. but that was some cool camerawork...the eye thing..

@Horse swagger! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...I have no idea if the poop was meant to be something significant...πŸ˜†...but it was so funny to see that... Tyrion put up with Joeffry's crap for most of the time...doubt his granddad will do the same...he's got such a commanding presence..that scene of him tearing down an animal in season1 as he talks to his son...still gives you the shivers...

I don't remember the exact dialogues, but he does tell Arya that this is going to be his last war, even if he wins or loses, right?..so don't know what role he play as hand of King..

@Jaqen...I knoww...I loved that third person talk...A man...A girl...very cool :D..

@zombies...weren't they the whitewalkers only?..πŸ˜• I thought it was them...just a few of them scattered in the beginning..but now that winter is here, they are out in full force..

Oh I also liked Theon's sister...forgot her name...but she was good too with her interaction with Theon..

@Comic con...Oh [email protected] will try to watch it...I actually want to watch Sherlock first, I'll probably get done with that and then this one afterwards.. I want to watch so many things...there is just no time!. sigh :(...
ZaphiraDragon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maz.

Welcome to the Game of Thrones Fan Club!

A few links for those who are unaware of this fantastic show that airs on HBO and is based on the books by George R.R. Martin.

Game Of Thrones TV

A Song Of Fire & Ice

HBO Making Of

Official YOUTUBE channel

P.S. If you are one among those who have read all the books in the series, please try to refrain from posting spoilers from books that are yet to be adapted on screen. If it all the need arises, please mention the word BOOK SPOILERS and go ahead.

Member's list
without-fathom
...Maham...

Maz.
Ramy25
SongsOf_Silence
Mru_bee

Maz, Ramy, JZ where can i get the link to watch Season 1???????????????
AreYaar thumbnail
*closing my eyes to avoid all spoilers*

But marking my spot...hopefully I can join in here in a bit after I manage to watch the epis...have to go dig up links and stuff firstπŸ˜†

But a big hello to everyoneπŸ€—

*Edit: Umm yeah if someone can post some good links here to watch it that would be great...
Edited by AreYaar - 11 years ago
Maz. thumbnail
Zaphira..if you stay in the US..I think you can watch it on hulu.com or HBOGO. Due to copyright issues most of the links are taken down from file sharing websites :/ So I guess you can look for torrents or if possible go ahead and buy the season 1 dvd itself! ;)

Edit:...Nur you're here! yayy! πŸ€—   Yes stay away from the posts...extremely spoilery...LOL..

Nymeria thumbnail
Welcome Anu and Zaph!

here's the site I used---http://www.fastpasstv.ms/tv/game-of-thrones/

Some of the links might not be working but you'll have to hunt your way through those links. It worked for me when i saw it in may...i mean the whole of season 1 and 2.