Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: AreYaar

LOL  yeah GRRM's pace would have anyone worried...I think he took like 5 years each to come out with books 3,4,5...

Honestly I wouldn't want the series to finish before the books...that would be a cop out since the original story is Martin's and the books are indeed VERY GOOD.

Let's see how they try to balance it...book 3 is good enough to get two seasons out of but yeah, there is a lot of trimming away they could do with book 4...honestly since the timelines of book 4 and 5 run in parallel, in my opinion, they should combine that and get two seasons like that...but I dunno what they'll do...GRRM REALLY needs to pick up steam with the last two books or it would be anti-climactic for the books to come out after the series is done...

I know what you mean, esp the bold. It would just be... wrong. But technical fact also is, you can't stretch a series to outlive its anticipation. I don't think the makers really envisaged coming to such a problem... but I suppose they'll work something out. GRRM needs to be injected with a catalyst 😆
Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yay! almost done with this one!!!
Nymeria thumbnail
New GoT season 3 preview "The Beast"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69nUFqT7XFQ

Ughhh! stupid embedding is not working for some stupid reason. and the hyperlink is also non-functioning. So, just youtube "Game of thrones" and hit "today" and the beast preview pulls up.

Edited by Nymeria - 11 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Here, Amy...I embedded it:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69nUFqT7XFQ[/YOUTUBE]

OMG AWESOMEEE promo! I loved the Varys bit...he's talking about Joffrey ofcourse...wonder with who...Tyrion perhaps...and I loved Tyrion's dialogue too...I think they showed some of the Tully bits too...and ofcourse Robb.
Nymeria thumbnail
Thanks Anu🤗.

I LOVED this promo the most out of all. Awesome definitely!

@Varys-- yeah that's definitely about Joeffery...and he's got to be talking to Tyrion. i liked Tyrion's bits too. He has really done a lot for the name of Lannisters but never really gets his due, especially from the one person he really wants to, Tywin. You know what Anu, besides the Starks, Tyrion is the only other character I emphathize for in the series. Starks for the loss they've all suffered and will suffer and Tyrion for being an "outcast" as he calls himself in his own family. You do end up feeling for Tyrion, especially in season 2 finale in his conversation with Varys. Varys and Tyrion always give such awesome and insightful scenes, don't they?
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nymeria

Thanks Anu🤗.

I LOVED this promo the most out of all. Awesome definitely!

@Varys-- yeah that's definitely about Joeffery...and he's got to be talking to Tyrion. i liked Tyrion's bits too. He has really done a lot for the name of Lannisters but never really gets his due, especially from the one person he really wants to, Tywin. You know what Anu, besides the Starks, Tyrion is the only other character I emphathize for in the series. Starks for the loss they've all suffered and will suffer and Tyrion for being an "outcast" as he calls himself in his own family. You do end up feeling for Tyrion, especially in season 2 finale in his conversation with Varys. Varys and Tyrion always give such awesome and insightful scenes, don't they?

Arey my love for Tyrion is UNCONDITIONAL yaar😎😆...And this is such an EPIC season for him on SO many levels...and yepp Varys-Tyrion are FABULOUS together...I hope the series gives them more scenes together...in the books toh Tyrion is always so mistrustful of Varys, I don't think they talk as much as they do in the series😆...oh but wait there is a very crucial Tyrion-Varys scene in the end of the book...hmmm
without-fathom thumbnail
Oooh!!!! This HAS to be the most revealing of promos!!! For one, it opens to my fave line from the original promo! You know they showed Tyrion to that voiceover and then him talking about bleeding in the mud for his family - is Tyrion done being the inferior fiddle already? As skeptical and on his alert as he may be around Varys, I think the two make the most FANTASTIC combination to rule - simply because Tyrion has a sense of just and loyalty about him which transcends idealism in how REALISTIC it is. And Varys is oxymoron "noble politician" personified. As he told Ned once, he thinks for the realm, because somebody must... and Tyrion is to a BLIND MAN the best GENUINE chance at saving anything of it. 

Oh and his line about Joeff. Varys just has to get the best lines of all ⭐️ It's stumping, this thing about GoT, how real the power of a character like Varys is - the impotent man. Or Tyrion, the half man...

Thanks for posting you two 🤗 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: without-fathom

Oh and his line about Joeff. Varys just has to get the best lines of all ⭐️ It's stumping, this thing about GoT, how real the power of a character like Varys is - the impotent man. Or Tyrion, the half man...

Thanks for posting you two 🤗 

Oh this isn't even the half of it, Jzee...lol just keep watching what the "impotent" and "Half man" manage to do😆...especially the impotent one😆
Nymeria thumbnail
Woot Woot! Done with this thread finally!!!

@JZ, Anu-- so very true about Varys and Tyrion. I literally can't wait for this month to be over already...lol
without-fathom thumbnail
Nur, it's not even just about what they do, as much as it is about what they can do! I think their power lies in how much potential they betray, you can't take them lightly, and that's what's fantastic! But I can't possibly be any more in anticipation of watching out for these two without bursting with the wait 😆